Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your VINTAGE hair toys!

Length
    ~20"/45"/???
    Type
    2a/2b/M/iii

Default Show us your VINTAGE hair toys!

I've seen threads for showing off hairtoys by various makers, but have yet to find a thread about my favorites: vintage hairtoys.

I recently began collecting a few of these and I know there are quite a few others here who collect them too. Some of the ones I've seen people post about have been absolutely gorgeous.

So, does anyone want to discuss vintage hairtoys or share some pics of their collections? I have a few pics in my albums and some new items which I'm going to add. I'd love to see what others are collecting and wearing.

Here's a pic of me wearing the largest of my vintage celluloid mantilla combs:

I'm afraid this one's a bit too large and showy to be practical for wearing, but I like it. I have some smaller ones which I do wear quite a bit.

Anyone else?

Proud member of the Renegray Gang

Type
    2a/F/i

Default Re: Show us you VINTAGE hair toys!

Quote Originally Posted by joyfulmom4 View Post
    I've seen threads for showing off hairtoys by various makers, but have yet to find a thread about my favorites: vintage hairtoys.

I recently began collecting a few of these and I know there are quite a few others here who collect them too. Some of the ones I've seen people post about have been absolutely gorgeous.

So, does anyone want to discuss vintage hairtoys or share some pics of their collections? I have a few pics in my albums and some new items which I'm going to add. I'd love to see what others are collecting and wearing.

Here's a pic of me wearing the largest of my vintage celluloid mantilla combs:

I'm afraid this one's a bit too large and showy to be practical for wearing, but I like it. I have some smaller ones which I do wear quite a bit.

Anyone else?
    Why can I not see it?

Length
    ~20"/45"/???
    Type
    2a/2b/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by sahiba View Post
    Why can I not see it?
    Oh crud. I am having problems this week that I cannot show any pictures or even make my links to pictures work.

I don't know what I am doing wrong??? I have posted pics and links just fine in the past. Now suddenly I cannot post anything even though I am doing the exact same thing as I did before. Anyone else having trouble? I tried on both my home and office computer.

Argh.

Anyway, if you want to see the pic, I do have it in my hairtoys album, along with a few others. I will try again to get a pic here though. I love the threads where we can come and look through a bunch of pretty hairtoys. I got two new ones in the mail yesterday too so I would love to show them.

Type
    1c/M/ii

Have you tried (and I can't believe I'm recommending this) photobucket? It's been behaving for me now the past month or so! It is very frustrating to try and post these pics, after taking the time to take them, write descriptions and then to have them not work.

Try using the "Preview" also, before hitting the "Submit" for posting - you'll be able to see right away if your pic is not there.

I have Soooooooo many antique and vintage hair accessories, don't know where I'd start! I'll see what I feel like showing off today....
    The Blog: Skipping Barefoot Down the Rocky Road of Life

Length
    ~20"/45"/???
    Type
    2a/2b/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Peggy E. View Post
    Have you tried (and I can't believe I'm recommending this) photobucket? It's been behaving for me now the past month or so! It is very frustrating to try and post these pics, after taking the time to take them, write descriptions and then to have them not work.

Try using the "Preview" also, before hitting the "Submit" for posting - you'll be able to see right away if your pic is not there.

I have Soooooooo many antique and vintage hair accessories, don't know where I'd start! I'll see what I feel like showing off today....
    Thanks, I'll try the preview thing. And I'll consider (shudder) returning to photobucket. In the past I have been able to link right to my photo album here on LHC. Is there any reason it should not work? Also, I could just copy and paste a photo right into my post. But not now. It shows up when I type the post but disappears when I submit the post. Didn't do that before. Harumph!

I can't wait to see some pics of your beautiful hairtoys!

Type
    1c/M/ii

Here's a pic I had in photobucket and may be posted here somewhere.... It's a "partial" of the combs:

The Blog: Skipping Barefoot Down the Rocky Road of Life

Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii/iii

Oh my goodness Peggy, my heart skipped a beat when I gazed at all of your beautiful vintage combs!!

This is a wonderful thread idea. I don't have any vintage hair accessories as of yet, but I'd really like to change that in the near future. Where do you come across beauties like these? I've looked on ebay, but perhaps I'm not using the right search tools. I've also strangely enough never come across any vintage hair accessories at antique and vintage shops. I'll just have to start looking harder!

joyfulmom, I really hope you can get your picture to work. I would just love to see your vintage hair toy!!!

Length
    ~20"/45"/???
    Type
    2a/2b/M/iii

Oh WOW! Those are gorgeous. I am SO envious. Not only are they beautiful, there is such variety there.

Do you ever sit and wonder who the original owners were and where they wore these beautiful combs? I wish I knew.

Here's a pic I had in photobucket and may be posted here somewhere.... It's a "partial" of the combs:

Type
    2a/F/i

"partial"... meaning you have more of these beauties? They are too pretty. I love all of them. for every comb one *thud*.

Length
    ~20"/45"/???
    Type
    2a/2b/M/iii

Here's another try at posting a pic (courtesy of photobucket)