Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Fun with Flowers, Blooms in Buns/Braids, Corsage Coiffures, Herbal Hairstyles, etc

Length
    APL/FTL/TERM
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii/iii

Default Fun with Flowers, Blooms in Buns/Braids, Corsage Coiffures, Harebrained Hairstyles

My first hair thread, what a moment.

This is the result of a discussion from The Random Hair Thoughts Mega Thread.

In March of 2023, I started to decorate my hairstyles with fresh flowers/leaves from our rooftop gardens and plants in our neighborhood and well, it goes surprisingly well.

I don't know, maybe because both are things that grow well with enough care, water, and nourishment. Mother nature is indeed the best we can connect with.

No wonder for thousands of years, humans have been using flowers and other plant parts as hair accessories. I mean, in traditional Chinese hairstyle or Hanfu hairdo, all the basic hair accessories is generalized as "簪花(zan1 hua1)" which literally means decorative hair flowers.

As Whirly Girly said, "They're very charming, feminine and romantic."

I think I will continue to do this even when some of my plants fruit in summer and autumn. Here are some examples so far:

Detailed High-rec photo link to my latest herbal hairdo, I always link my photo to an Instagram post in case the photo link doesn't work somehow, the big crash scarred me for life so everything is duplicated from now on: https://www.instagram.com/p/CqSz_sOL...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

So I decided I should start a new thread about "Fun with Flowers, Blooms in Buns/Braids, Corsage Coiffures, Herbal Hairstyles, etc" (I adore alliteration lol)

If you think it's fun, and would like to share you pics or videos about your hair with blossoms, whether it's real flowers or un-real ones - paper, stone, metal, fabric, plastic... any material/medium works, including rose/rosette styles from buns/braids themselves:

https://www.instagram.com/p/ClQGEyer...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ckdq1ZSp...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Anyway, everything floral and herbal is welcome here. And links to high-rec photos/videos will be most appreciated.

Let's have fun with flowers.

It's not much of a secret that I have a bit of OCD tendency lol. But you don't have to follow my photo format, just post anything you want.

Such as a hilarious one like this:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CpRn_iEr...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
    Last edited by tuanyiji; June 8th, 2023 at 12:21 AM.
    107cm 1b/C/10.2cm Fingercomb/Bun/Water-only No-Trim/Elastic/Heat
    [Youtube][Instagram][Fun with Flowers][Shed Hair Hand-tie Project][ABC Hairstyle Challenge]

Length
    Short/50/Term
    Type
    1a/1b/M/iii

Default Re: Fun with Flowers, Blooms in Buns/Braids, Corsage Coiffures, Herbal Hairstyles, et

Finally! About time you started your own thread lmfao. I think the red, orange, and yellow flowers look best in your hair, theyre just so amazing together
    Material Girling my way to longer hair.

Lady Nakime, Keeper of the Haired-Companions. Order of the Long Haired Knights.

Length
    APL/FTL/TERM
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: Fun with Flowers, Blooms in Buns/Braids, Corsage Coiffures, Herbal Hairstyles, et

Quote Originally Posted by BVU View Post
    Finally! About time you started your own thread lmfao. I think the red, orange, and yellow flowers look best in your hair, theyre just so amazing together
    Thank you very much.
    As someone with very dark hair, it is like a blank/black canvas, any bright color just pops up once it’s on top of my head.

Which reminds me, green is the default of all my floral hairdo.
    Last Halloween I made a big jack-o-lantern bun with real pumpkin vines from my garden.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CkQqjJxp...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
    Last edited by tuanyiji; March 27th, 2023 at 11:44 AM.
    [Youtube][Instagram][Fun with Flowers][Shed Hair Hand-tie Project][ABC Hairstyle Challenge]

Length
    BSL/Hip/Class
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by tuanyiji View Post
    Thank you very much.
    As someone with very dark hair, it is like a blank/black canvas, any bright color just pops up once it’s on top of my head.

Which reminds me, green is the default of all my floral hairdo.
    Last Halloween I made a big jack-o-lantern bun with real pumpkin vines from my garden.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CkQqjJxp...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
    Wooa this is great
    BSL - WL - Hip - Classic (dec25)
    Last trim: 31 jan 23 h Tailbone september 23 (unstretched decmbr)- low porosity hair

Length
    29"/35/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

Those little hands are still my favourite. But the others are gorgeous. I don't think I'd have access to that much variety but I'll share an old photo that sort of fits.

Lady Meikyo of the Cerise Blade

Length
    APL/FTL/TERM
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Ada-banana View Post
    Wooa this is great
    Thank you very much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorty89 View Post
    Those little hands are still my favourite. But the others are gorgeous. I don't think I'd have access to that much variety but I'll share an old photo that sort of fits.

LOL, that carrot officially won.

My herbal hairstyle this morning is also a vegetable.
    Celtic Knot with Accent Braid and Basella alba which is a common yummy leafy green from my rooftop edible garden.
    It has actual gone to seed (white and slightly pink) already and they will self-germinate in autumn.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CqUUP_-r...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Twisted Lazy Wrap Bun with Basil and Carnations, I love the smell of sweet basil, making my mouth water just thinking about what I can cook with the herb.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CqUyCzDL...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
    Last edited by tuanyiji; March 28th, 2023 at 01:50 AM.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    Bra/Thigh/Knee
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

I’m here!

I would have been here much sooner but I received no notification in the random hair thoughts thread, where you said you were gonna start this thread. So glad you did, Tuanyiji love. It’s a great time for this thread too, with the growing season just ahead.

Your hair styles are so delightful and playful, hun. Total eye-candy. I remember your pumpkin style pics from last year and think it’s amazing and creative. You must get tons of compliments and comments from people when you’re out. I love stand-out hair dos and you sure have them, doll.

Ok I died laughing over that carrot stick! Hahaha Can you imagine the giggles, smiles and laughs you’d get, wearing that around town in public, Shorty89 love? Lol. I’d do it on a dare.

That hand in the hair shot is funny too, Tuanyiji. Haha!

Ok so I will have to do some hair styles with real flowers in my hair for sure. Maybe I’ll do one tomorrow.

For now, have you guys seen these adorable flower clips on Amazon? I just love them and have them in every color you can think of. They add such whimsy to the hair.

More soon….

P.S. so happy to have joined this fun thread.

Last edited by Whirly Girly; March 28th, 2023 at 02:51 AM.

Length
    APL/FTL/TERM
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Whirly Girly View Post
    I’m here!

I would have been here much sooner but I received no notification in the random hair thoughts thread, where you said you were gonna start this thread. So glad you did, Tuanyiji love. It’s a great time for this thread too, with the growing season just ahead.

Your hair styles are so delightful and playful, hun. Total eye-candy. I remember your pumpkin style pics from last year and think it’s amazing and creative. You must get tons of compliments and comments from people when you’re out. I love stand-out hair dos and you sure have them, doll.

Ok I died laughing over that carrot stick! Hahaha Can you imagine the giggles, smiles and laughs you’d get, wearing that around town in public, Shorty89 love? Lol. I’d do it on a dare.

That hand in the hair shot is funny too, Tuanyiji. Haha!

Ok so I will have to do some hair styles with real flowers in my hair for sure. Maybe I’ll do one tomorrow.

For now, have you guys seen these adorable flower clips on Amazon? I just love them and have them in every color you can think of. They add such whimsy to the hair.

More soon….

P.S. so happy to have joined this fun thread.

Awww, your blond hair and that blue flower looks like a fairy. Whirly Girly

I can imagine even with just the two of us, this thread will be full of fun floral contents.

Here's my Beebutt Bun with Red and Pink carnations.
    As long as I have got enough colorfully flowers to distract, you won’t even notice how distorted the bun shape actually is.
    I have to admit the beebutt bun is my hardest nut to crack, because it just looks so unflattering on my head, yet the variations it brings is limitless.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CqVZhABL...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
    Last edited by tuanyiji; March 28th, 2023 at 07:36 AM.

Length
    29"/35/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

Thanks guys. I did that shortly after I joined LHC. If I remember right, someone else started a thread about using weird things in your hair - or something like that and that was my contribution. Sadly, that thread was lost in the crash of '08.
    Lady Meikyo of the Cerise Blade

Length
    APL/FTL/TERM
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty89 View Post
    Thanks guys. I did that shortly after I joined LHC. If I remember right, someone else started a thread about using weird things in your hair - or something like that and that was my contribution. Sadly, that thread was lost in the crash of '08.
    So many things were lost in the archive, and that’s why I strike to create new stuff from now on.

Today’s hairdos are actually the variations of the previous beebutt bun, I did all four styles in a row by rearranging the coils (never changed the cinnamon base), and you can clearly see how as time went by, the bun and flowers didn’t hold up very well.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CqWzJlTJ...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

https://www.instagram.com/p/CqXV5LLr...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

https://www.instagram.com/p/CqX3eHwr...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=