Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is this haircolor? (picture)

Length
    Bald/SL/CL
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Default What is this haircolor? (picture)

My sister has never dyed her hair but she is itching for a change. She doesn't want to stray away too far from her natural hair color (medium ash brown) so she just wants to lighten it up a bit. She found a picture on the internet of the exact shade she wants.

I've been looking at color charts and I can't find this exact shade and we don't know what to call it. We looked at ash blonde and beige blonde and light browns but we still can't define this particular hair-color, and wouldn't know what to ask for at a salon and also if she decided to dye it with a box dye we wouldn't know which one to pick. Can you help us define this exact shade? Or find a picture of one just like it?

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/...g?t=1497396556

Length
    APL/BSL+/?
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Default Re: What is this haircolor? (picture)

That's a tough one because I think it looks like a beige, ashy blonde, which is what you've already said.

Hopefully someone else can think of something more helpful! It is a lovely shade, very neutral but not flat looking.

Not that it's related but I think this is a wig.

Finally finished growing out natural colour!

Length
    cbl/ftl/knee
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Dirty blonde is what we call that color in the states. I had that color a long time until my hair darkened when I got older.
    ۞
    Lady Tyet, Weaver of the Endless Strands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    CBL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    2b/M/ii

I don't think the whole thing is a wig, but those are absolutley clip on bangs. I have never seen her with bangs like that, and image search confirms that this seems to be the only occasion she has it (she looks lovely with it though)

You won't be able to get this colour with box dye. Box dye will give you one completly uniform colour. This hair has darker ad lighter shades mixed together that combines into this colour. That's how you can see that the bangs are clip-on; look how much flatter the colour is on them compared to her lengths. (you can find even more pictures by google image searching for cara delevingne bangs)

If you go to a hairdresser, it will be expensive and require expensive upkeep. Your sisters hair will first need to be lightened, and then toned, and then probably need some lowlights too. Even though your sister has a cold tone on her hair now, just lightening (bleach) will bring out warm tones, and thus you need to tone, in other words more dye, on top. Lowlights are like highlights, but dark; sections of hair gets handpainted in a slightly darker tone to add depth and make it look more natural.

ETA: Also, how the colour looks in those pictures might not be right. Here's another pictures from the same runway walk:

The light/editing is different and so the hair colour looks completly different too.
    Last edited by PixieP; June 14th, 2017 at 07:04 PM.

June 2018: Big chop
    CBL - APL - BSL - Waist - Hip - BCL - TBL

surprised her hair's long Corvana's Avatar
    Length
    2"/Hip/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

It's a dirty or dark blonde for sure! Getting it with darker hair will probably require some bleach.

Maintaining at Hip-BCL for now.
    Lady Corvana, Keeper of Ravens and Crows in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Bald/SL/CL
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by PixieP View Post
    I don't think the whole thing is a wig, but those are absolutley clip on bangs. I have never seen her with bangs like that, and image search confirms that this seems to be the only occasion she has it (she looks lovely with it though)

You won't be able to get this colour with box dye. Box dye will give you one completly uniform colour. This hair has darker ad lighter shades mixed together that combines into this colour. That's how you can see that the bangs are clip-on; look how much flatter the colour is on them compared to her lengths. (you can find even more pictures by google image searching for cara delevingne bangs)

If you go to a hairdresser, it will be expensive and require expensive upkeep. Your sisters hair will first need to be lightened, and then toned, and then probably need some lowlights too. Even though your sister has a cold tone on her hair now, just lightening (bleach) will bring out warm tones, and thus you need to tone, in other words more dye, on top. Lowlights are like highlights, but dark; sections of hair gets handpainted in a slightly darker tone to add depth and make it look more natural.
    Thank you for all of the information. It was very informative. Yeah, I thought it was a wig at first and also thought it was just really cool lighting and that the color wasn't really possible, it still looks good in those other pictures though. But yeah, wow you know a lot about hair, I am completely clueless to what "flat hair" is, can you give/show me an example? I also have no idea how you can see the clip in bangs haha. That two tones hair thing sounds very beautiful.

It all sounds like a lot of trouble. I was reading about something called babylights and was thinking of just convincing her to get those. Are those expensive too?

Length
    Bald/SL/CL
    Type
    1c/M/ii

I was also going to ask, would this be a similar color? It lifts, tones, and colors it I think

Would this be flat? (not sure what that is)

It's warm medium blonde.

Length
    cbl/ftl/knee
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by firevegan View Post
    I was also going to ask, would this be a similar color? It lifts, tones, and colors it I think

Would this be flat? (not sure what that is)
    I know it says it lifts, but I would not trust it. Unless you bleach hair dye works like watercolor and if your sister's hair is darker than that it will be very dissapointing
    ۞
    Lady Tyet, Weaver of the Endless Strands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    waist/TB/long

On my computer it looks like light brown.