Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 1960

Thread: No trimming club!

Length
    Chin/Waist/Class
    Type
    3c/4a/C/iii

Default Re: No trimming club!

Quote Originally Posted by shoosie View Post
    I have breakage at the ends cos I bleached it before. But the breakage isn't that bad and my ends isn't thinning or anything. But I don't have split ends surprisingly haha.
    I'd probably just leave it. Unless you have a huge breakage/tangling problem, there really isn't a reason to trim.

Length
    Pixie/APL/???
    Type
    2c/3a/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by shoosie View Post
    I have breakage at the ends cos I bleached it before. But the breakage isn't that bad and my ends isn't thinning or anything. But I don't have split ends surprisingly haha.
    You may need moisture or protein. That may help hold off on trims. Putting it up will help too.
    Pix~Bob~CBL~Shoulder~APL~BSL~MBL~Waist~Hip~TBL~CL...We'll see
    WO/SO due to scalp hating EVERYTHING! Slowly regrowing from a massive shed and trimming often to keep the ends healthy.

Length
    19/hip/termi
    Type
    1a/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by hanne jensen View Post
    I want to challenge myself to no trimming or dusting until I reach hip. That's in 5 centimeters so it's not too long. I will however allow hemline adjustments as I have gallopers that grow twice as fast as the bulk of my hair. I also have an irritating duck tail that's off center to the left of center back.
    I've reached my goal, so I'm leaving now for the microtrimming thread.
    Lady Malene of the Misty Memories of Yore, Shieldmaiden in the Order of Long Haired Knights

Length
    22"/26.5"/42"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

I've trimmed my hair twice in about three years, and plan to go from now without trimming at all. I gave it a little blunter cut, but now I quite miss the fairytale ends – though I think they look better on longer hair rather than APL. Either way! No trimming for as long as I can stand it!

Length
    pixie/tbl/class
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

Anyone itching to trim?

I was this month, but then I hennaed (roots + gloss) and it feels brand new and silky after slathering it with conditioner to rinse I will probably last til this summer, and I'll also probably maintain at waist for a bit after that. I don't even remember the last time I trimmed.

The number 1 oil I like to use to keep tangling at bay is argan oil. Gotta love it.

Length
    Pixie/APL/???
    Type
    2c/3a/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by notnotevil View Post
    Anyone itching to trim?

I was this month, but then I hennaed (roots + gloss) and it feels brand new and silky after slathering it with conditioner to rinse I will probably last til this summer, and I'll also probably maintain at waist for a bit after that. I don't even remember the last time I trimmed.

The number 1 oil I like to use to keep tangling at bay is argan oil. Gotta love it.
    I just got a bottle of this, but have yet to try it. Might try it out today.
    Pix~Bob~CBL~Shoulder~APL~BSL~MBL~Waist~Hip~TBL~CL...We'll see
    WO/SO due to scalp hating EVERYTHING! Slowly regrowing from a massive shed and trimming often to keep the ends healthy.

Length
    Chin/Waist/Class
    Type
    3c/4a/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by notnotevil View Post
    Anyone itching to trim?

Yes and no. Yes because I like my hair to be even and it's not

No because I really want to gain length and, since re-introducting cones, my ends feels really good.

Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

When my hair was at it's longest, I was 15 or 16 years old and I never trimmed it, not even S&D. I washed it every damn day with whatever I could find and kept it on a low ponytail or down all the time, and since I did horseback riding every day I wore a helmet on top for hours and hours getting my long hair stuck in it's straps and such. And I still had beautiful, long hair! So now that I'm growing my hair back to how it used to be when I was younger, I try to do mostly the same thing - but not to wash every day and not use a shampoo that causes tangling.

Length
    2/2/30
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

I had a hair cut yesterday with the idea of thinning out and trimming up the top of an undercut. I'm terrible at explaining what I want to a hairstylist (and have anxiety problems). The cut ended up with her blending my (much shortened) top to the 1/2 inch buzzed section in the back. It doesn't look terrible, but it's the shortest my hair has been since I buzzed it all off back in college. I'm dedicating myself to no haircuts for the rest of the year. I might cave if the mullet portion gets annoying, but I much prefer giving myself layers at home with a pair of shears every four to six months than shelling out $55 for a nice cut every 4-5 weeks or spending $25 on a mediocre cut every 4-5 weeks.

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by ruppknupp View Post
    I'm in!It's gonna be hard for me though,I think I'll miss the feeling of freshly trimmed ends,I used to trim my hair all the time.I haven't touched the scissors since I chopped it off last November.
    I hope that once I'm a little bit past shoulder,I'll be somewhat less obsessed with hair and realise that it is possible for me to have long hair again.It seems like such a huge challenge
    Yes, it is a hard challenge but you can do it. I only trim my hair once a year, and that's because I really take good care of it throughout the year with keeping it moisturized and using protein treatments. When I first joined LHC I used to be scissor happy too but I have cut wayyyyyyy back on the cutting so that I can grow long hair again.