Page 135 of 196 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145185 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 1960

Thread: No trimming club!

Default Re: No trimming club!

Well....I have changed my mind

While measuring for TBL, I was reminded that I like to keep my hair down at times, and because I am short with a short torso and small butt, TBL hair will be 'in the way'
    I can't be bothered with fiddling to keep it out ofthe way of personal care etc...and I was really happy at HIP.
    So I re-started my monthly dustings with the plan to hit Hip in a few months and will maintain it there.

Good luck and happy growing
    Last edited by Groovy Granny; April 19th, 2016 at 12:19 PM.

Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

I'm joining! I'm nervous about split ends though so I will still S&D (but it's hard on short hair)
    Hello

Length
    Jaw/Jaw/WL???
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

I'm in!It's gonna be hard for me though,I think I'll miss the feeling of freshly trimmed ends,I used to trim my hair all the time.I haven't touched the scissors since I chopped it off last November.
    I hope that once I'm a little bit past shoulder,I'll be somewhat less obsessed with hair and realise that it is possible for me to have long hair again.It seems like such a huge challenge

Curious. Very Curious. Ophidian's Avatar
    Length
    Buzz/FTL+/Knee+
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii/iii

Me too! I've been growing out an undercut. Trimmed the long parts (chin length) and the back a few times as the buzzed sides grew in, now it's for all intents and purposes a grown-out pixie (shortest pieces about 4", covers my ears if I comb it down). I want fairytale ends as it gets longer, so I figure the simplest way to get there now is to lay off the scissors for a while. I don't have a real problem with split ends, just worried about looking like a toad until it's long enough to be proper hair again. Guess bobby pins are going to be my best friend for a while.

Length
    APL/BSL +/WL

I'm in! Last time I trimmed my hair was end of January and time before that was end of September.. my trimming schedule is every 4-6 months at least no matter how my hair looks before that. I used to trim my ends every two months so this has been a pretty big change, I've went nearly three months since the last trim so I gotta wait another 1-3 months hehe I can notice a lot more length since changing my trim schedule!

Length
    crop/17/24
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Well. I trimmed the bottom of the back of my pixie. I thought I would let it grow with not trims but I was not enjoying the tail. Now, I feel revived and excited about the grow out.
    My plan is to keep the back trimmed until the ears and layers catch up. Then chin bob, then longer bob, etc.....

Happy growing and thanks for the inspiration to get me this far!

Quote Originally Posted by Groovy Granny View Post
    Well....I have changed my mind

While measuring for TBL, I was reminded that I like to keep my hair down at times, and because I am short with a short torso and small butt, TBL hair will be 'in the way'
    I can't be bothered with fiddling to keep it out ofthe way of personal care etc...and I was really happy at HIP.
    So I re-started my monthly dustings with the plan to hit Hip in a few months and will maintain it there.

Good luck and happy growing
    2 weeks later....my mind is changed AGAIN lol

As I posted in the trim thread
    Well, my trims are now on hold ~ I have a new goal of TBL BY JAN 21, 2017 FOR MY 65TH BIRTHDAY

*I plan to re-start micro-trims probably @ VERNAL EQUINOX.....(SPRING) MAR 20 2017 to maintain

Hip is very close now and TBL just a few inches below that....and still manageable with my short torso I think, so I am going for it ...seeing this is a big year for me.

Plus this will be the longest hair I have had in my life after Hip, so why not try for my 65th
    I am excited for this new goal ....and back on board with no trims until 2017

My crea clip and scissors are put away

Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Groovy Granny View Post
    2 weeks later....my mind is changed AGAIN lol

As I posted in the trim thread

I am excited for this new goal ....and back on board with no trims until 2017

My crea clip and scissors are put away

Yes the amount of times i have changed my mind too i originally wanted waist then it went to hip....now i hit tail bone and i am like hmmm shall i carry on growing even more and i yes i do! so lets hide those scissors from our growing locks

Quote Originally Posted by Garnetgem View Post
    Yes the amount of times i have changed my mind too i originally wanted waist then it went to hip....now i hit tail bone and i am like hmmm shall i carry on growing even more and i yes i do! so lets hide those scissors from our growing locks
    DONE

Happy growing
    Last edited by Groovy Granny; April 22nd, 2016 at 01:54 PM.

After a long chat with Hubby and hovering around Hip for a 2nd time, I have made the final decision to not pursue TBL.

I am very happy with Hip and feel TBL is just too long to manage for my type and age.

So...I will suspend my trims through the Summer to see where I want my hemline to sit and then start trimming to maintain in January (or before).