Page 1 of 60 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Show me your MonktheMonk pretties!

Length
    14/24/40
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Default Show me your MonktheMonk pretties!

I am a huge fan of Monkthemonk, and I am guessing that from my rate of success on bidding (roughly 1 in 3), other people are, too.

His work is just so original and interesting, and he is so lovely to deal with. I have just won two of the bun sticks, after losing the two that I had been bidding on all week, and I'm so happy. He a friendly, generous seller!
    I am bidding on one of the other sticks that is up now (the double-ended charcoal flame spiral) but don't like my chances, as it is lovely. But you never know. I got the pair of sticks shown above without any competition, and I didn't think I would get them, either.
    So let's share some of his work here, and show how original and interesting his work is.
    Last edited by DecafJane; October 1st, 2008 at 05:19 AM.
    Lady Cryollaee of the Honored Woodlands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    The Goal: No trimming until waist (2013)

Type
    1b/M/ii

Default Re: Show me your MonktheMonk pretties!

These hairsticks look fabulous. I just looked it up on ebay. I have my eye on a few now. Thanks for sharing Decafjane.
    You have a great cllection. I love the second last hairstick on the right.

Type
    1b/M/ii

I love the shape of the two hairsticks on the far left. I love his natural pieces the most, but the dymonwood is growing in apppeal. I'll try and take some pictures tonight.

I did then what I knew how to do. When I knew better, I did better. Maya Angelou

Length
    14/24/40
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Thanks! I don't think I have seen many of his pieces that I don't like.
    I really like how there is very little chance of anybody else having one just like the ones that I have.

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I have a fork and a stick

The fork is short and the stick is long, too bad I can't average them

I'd say the only think I don't like about Mark's work is the
    "PJs" that my stick came in. The monkey print fabric was utterly not my style, so if anyone likes these things... I'll send you mine.

Length
    14/24/40
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

I think the monkey print is cute (even though I keep all of my sticks out on my display)!

Type
    2b/F/M/ii

I love Mark's work, and I watch his stuff regularly. I am a bit sad that he has moved towards using almost exclusively dymondwood these days (especially the bright stuff), since it means that these days I rarely see anything *I* like, but hey, obviously there are lots of customers who DO like it, so great. If I decide I need something, I can always go custom route.

I do have one stick from him and it is beautiful - the workmanship is flawless. It was called "Queen's Crown" and is huge - about 8.25" long! It's actually a bit too long for my tiny little pinhead , so I rarely wear it, but it's so well made and beautiful, I just can't bring myself to part with it.

Since my hard drives have just crapped themself *again* (fingers crossed, fingers crossed, fingers crossed...), I don't have access to my photos... but here is a (very bad) pic:

And to see scale, here it is next to my 5" and 6" Baerreis items.

Type
    1b/M/ii

Oh Rae I remember pictures you posted when you wore that pice it's gorgeous. Why don't you see if he can shorten it for you? Or order a similiar one in a smaller size =)

I did then what I knew how to do. When I knew better, I did better. Maya Angelou

Type
    2b/F/M/ii

ajr, I have actually considered asking Mark if he'd shorten it a little. And then I think, well, I'd also want him to make it a bit thinner, and once I start making those sort of changes then I'm probably better off just starting again on a separate, new custom piece.

Length
    --/tb/--
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i/ii

Nightshade: why don't you ask him to shorten the stick for you? I'm sure he'd be happy to do it (he did it for my first-ever purchase from him). I really love the margarita with lime color, and thought about bidding on that one (but he'd have had to shorten it a *lot*).

As for the fork, you know I have an empty monkey print just waiting to house it.

wg
    (I use the monkey prints to clothe stuff I send out from the swap board. )