Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Downfalls to having long hair?

Length
    2"/44"/46"
    Type
    1c/M/C/iii

Default Downfalls to having long hair?

Now I will never cut off my long hair. But there are some negative things about, lol. My hair is thick and currently slightly past TBL. The end of my braid always manages to get into things!! Especially food. And I don't even notice right away. And the other day I was arrested for petty sh*t and when the officer was frisking me with her rubber gloves on she got her hand stuck in my hair!! I am sure I could think of more. Just wondering what has happened to everyone else?

Tries to Help Everyone jacqueline101's Avatar
    Length
    slh/Hip/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/iii

Default Re: Downfalls to having long hair?

I've had my hair burnt in the past. I find windy days with long hair a hazard.

http://51303.photobucket.com/user/ja...ker101/profile
    Some say I'm nearing hip and my fat ate the hair I'm jacqueline101 not a pronoun
    jacquelinewalker101.blogspot.com

Length
    21/38/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

Mine always gets sucked up into the seatbelt retractor or slammed in the car door. I've gotten snagged on those metal balls on the end of clothing store racks too. Putting my bra on with my hair down is a hassle too. But I'm not cutting it!

Length
    BSL/BCL/BCL
    Type
    1c/M/iii

Tangles, it takes longer to dry, and long shed hairs everywhere.

Length
    21/38/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

I burned up my mom's Kirby vacuum motor when I was a teen.... Forgot about that one. She had only had it a month.

I keep remembering things.... The biggest PITA is sweeping up the hairballs on my carpet before vacuuming. They ball up nicely but it's a pain. My daughter hates when she gets a hair caught between her toes!
    Last edited by Allie_snowflake; May 1st, 2014 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Adding to it

Length
    skin/APL/Term
    Type
    2b/M/iii

Fly-a-ways. I had buzzed hair for years and when it was long enough to be put up but there were still pieces that poked and tickled…I don't remember reading about that in the "getting- past- the- awkward- stages" articles!

Length
    BSL/Hip/TBL+
    Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

I second the tangles and the shed hair, for sure.

Lots of conditioner used up
    Air drying time
    Gets in the way when down

I imagine if you stick to more popular methods of hair care, the time to style/care for hair would take much longer. Not to mention all the (unnecessary) products people would have to buy.

While there are certainly cons to having long hair, I think the cons of having short hair (shoulder/APL or shorter), at least for me personally, are far worse than the cons of long hair.

Length
    APL/APL/TBL!
    Type
    2a/M/iii

My hair isn't even "long" yet, I'm not even full BSL yet ( D: ) but it does get caught in my clothing/bra strap when I put them on, and my backpack, and I'm just sooo glad I'm taking the Wear Your Hair up Challenge (14 out of 150 days done, almost 10% there :P) because that's not a problem. Even though I am stretching my washes, it eats up all my conditioner, and I have to go buy more far more often than I did a few months ago. Plus, my hair takes a lifetime to dry. And because of that, I am annoyed with it. Not to mention REALLY COLD, seeing how I rinse my hair with ice cold water...
    But it looks so pretty and it's fun to braid So yay. All of those inconveniences are DEFINITELY worth it.

Length
    2"/44"/46"
    Type
    1c/M/C/iii

Mine also gets stuck in my bra after I shower and it is down! Ouch. I always try to pull the bra clasp away from the hair and sometimes it still gets stuck. My hair takes about six hours to dry as well. And also jams up the wheel on the vacuum cleaner, lol

Length
    shave/34.5/?
    Type
    2b/F/i/ii

I usually put my hair up at night but I like to sleep free some nights - well you know crawl in bed with it down for the sexy but then hubby ends up rolling over on it and making me scream - or other awkward accidental in bed hair pulling. Basically I gave that idea up. Too bad for him. It stays up now in the bed.

It gets in my food a plenty. I've burned it lighting a smoke. My nephew who is two cant seem to not yank on it when I am holding him. Wearing it down in the summer is like having a fur coat on (but great in winter) but when its wet in winter you cant go outside for a while because it takes forever to dry.

Still would not part with it.