Thread: Neem oil uses

Default Neem oil uses

I've been adding neem oil to my henna treatment lately along with avocado oil. I would like to know how to use it other than that and if anyone really uses it and feel its benefits. It smells horrific by the way but it makes my hair so soft and shiny after henna that I would like to use it all the time but would like to have some feedback from the experts thanks

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Default Re: Neem oil uses

I've got some but haven't used it much. Tried it on my face (in a mixture, though I find the smell sort of earthy and not particularly unpleasant), thinking that it would help acne. From this I learned DO NOT GET IT ON YOUR LIPS!!!!

I always hear that it's really good on scalps, especially for people who have problematic scalps. As mine gets occasionally dried out but otherwise seems fine, I haven't noticed enough benefit to deal with being odoriferous.
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!

Type
    2a/M/C/ii

I have a thing of neem oil after hearing all the benefits (helps with dandruff, hair growth, and even lice (I don't have lice though!)) but I CAN'T with that smell!
    Though, I do have auromere ayurvedic pre poo oil that I like and it has neem in it, and smells like sesame oil rather than neem. I put it on my scalp and have noticed better scalp conditions, but that could be from the other ingredients and not just the neem.

Current:
    43" Goal: 45"
    Starting: MBL l WL l HIP l BCL l TBL l 1st Goal: CLl 2nd Goal: FTL

I might just add anew drops to my conditioner and use it tomorrow. I haven't washed my hair since I hennaed on Saturday and it still looks ang feels like silk,so soft and shiny. I am going to the pool tomorrow so I wet my hair anyway will give you all some feed back.. Thanks ladies

Type
    2a/F/i/ii

I find it good for dandruff on my bf and for me, I use it as a pre poo once a month for me it gives softness and shine. I mist hair with water and glycerin then apply the neem.
    Its one of the few pre poo oils I use on damp hair instead of dry. I do that just because I figured since it wasn't a penetrating oil i could at least seal in some moisture first. Not sure if science supports any of that but it does make hair feel nice The smell does get to me a bit but only because I used it mixed with toothpaste before (dont ask, sigh). Ever since now the smell triggers me back to the taste.
    Cut hair 11.06.2013 to CBL. Patiently waiting for it to grow back strong and healthy.
    Photo taken 12.04.2013

I always knew that it was not to be ingested, but honesty I don't know why.. Anyway.. I used it again yesterday after my shower with magic results..i added it to a bit of coconut oil and avocado oil to try and kill the smell a bit but to no avail if it continues to work like this for me I will keep using it no matter what.. I just looooove the results.. I also added a few drops to my conditioner and will use it as a leave in.
    Thanks everyone for your help..you are all so wonderful

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ErinLeigh View Post
    The smell does get to me a bit but only because I used it mixed with toothpaste before (dont ask, sigh).
    Oh, you poor thing....

(Totally sounds like something I'd do.)
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!

Length
    BSL/Calf/Term?
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Neem oil is excellent for problematic skin: anything from acne to SD to even head lice can be fixed by this powerful anti-bacterial.

I love how it always leaves my skin and hair well moisturized. I prefer it to all other natural anti-bacterial products because it won't dry you out (the way tea tree oil or lemon or ACV can).

I can't handle the smell, so I only use it as pre-poo or added to shampoo. The only time I ever apply it to my face is overnight. I never use it as a leave-in due to its smell.

I also added some of it to my conditioner and I use it after shampoo and as a leave in .... So far it is awesome