Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Where do you part your hair?

Length
    18 in/18in/floor

Question Where do you part your hair?

Where is your parting? Do you change it actively from time to time? Do you part your hair when doing updos?
    I'm just curious as usually I see photos of the back of your heads! My parting is slightly over to the left side, because I have a really crooked nose which means a middle parting just doesn't look right. I tend to part it when I put it back unless going for a slicked look.

Chin - Shoulder - Oxter - BraStrap - Waist - Hip - TailBone - Classic - Knee - Ankle - Floor

Default Re: Where do you part your hair?

Mine like to fall in a middle part which i hate so when loose I constantly keep flipping to either sides or pushing back. In an updo I always go for no parting.

Length
    Pixie/Hip/Cl+
    Type
    2c/M/ii

My hair parts itself right down the middle. I've noticed the part getting wider so I've started moving it around. I try to move it about once a week or however long it takes to become center parted again. When I do updos, I usually leave whatever part I have since my hair doesn't like not being parted. Maybe I should try a no part updo, it might get my hair used to moving around.

Length
    Chin/BSL/MBL
    Type
    1b/1c/F/iii

I don't part my hair. It falls somewhere between the middle and the left side.

Mine falls to the middle, but I fight it to the side. However, in the back of my hair I have an annoying part line at the top, and I don't know how to fight with that. I just try to cover it up when I think about it.

Length
    TB/37.5/CLS+
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Mine is in the middle, but I am thinking I should try parting it on the left because I have a scar on my right eyebrow & my hair would kind of hide it. I usually keep it parted when I do a low bun, it feels like it pulls too much if its slicked back!

compulsive stuff-maker walterSCAN's Avatar
    Length
    15"/~TBL/FTL
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Mine falls where it wants to most of the time, which is usually to the right in the front and toward the middle in the back. I leave it parted for updos because slicked-back doesn't look very good on me. (my slight widow's peak and huge nose does not make it very flattering)

(hennahead)

Length
    waist/BSL+/...?
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Naturally in the middle, but I have it trained to the left now to try to switch it up and prevent a widening part.

Summer of 2017...after "The Chop."

Length
    Pixie/Class/???
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Mine parts to the left, and I part it in various places to the left most of the time. I switch it up with middle parts sometimes. The only times I always do a right parting is when I do a side braid for work--my name tag is worn on the right, and has award pins on it and stuff that loves to rip out hairs. So I braid on the left, and it makes sense to me to have a right parting in that case. Looks neater when I comb it into the braid.

Pixie BSLMBL WL HL BCL TBL CL??????????
    semi-hiatus, computer is broken

Length
    16/30/50
    Type
    1b/F/i

Mine does its own thing depending on its mood. I guess I have a travelling parting!
    Tailbone to Classic!
    Wear your hair up challenge
    Microtrimming and Maintaining