Thread: 2013 Monthly Hair Length Photo Project

Extraordinary Wordsmith WaitingSoLong's Avatar
    Length
    MTL/BSL/none
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Lightbulb 2013 Monthly Hair Length Photo Project

SEE BELOW FOR THREAD MEMBERS!

I know there is a similar thread about taking pictures for one month, but I set out in 2013 to take one lengtgh picture a month for 2013. This is not something I have ever done as I don't feel pictures are a reliable judge of length, a lot depends on the camera angle and how much volume my hair happens to have that day. I rely on measuring for actual growth determination.

The end goal is to line up all the pics and hopefully resize them so they depict my hair on the same scale size, then see a year's growth.

I have never really been able to get two pictures to be scaled the same so it is a fair comparison. Does anyone have tips on doing that?

Anyway, I already took January's photo at the beginning of the month and will take my second pic for 2013 on Feb. 1, then monthly through January 1, 2014. Anyone want to join in?

By the way this is part of my attempt not to trim/cut as well.

Thread Members:
    1. WaitingSoLong
    2. Ocelan
    3. Iaine
    4. Redhead Rebel
    5. Rhodugune
    6. longforthis
    7. biogirl87
    8. sparrowswing
    9. Zabethbartsch
    10. Oksana
    11. floralgem
    12. Ravenwind
    13. halfbakedtulip
    Last edited by WaitingSoLong; February 8th, 2013 at 06:21 PM. Reason: Add member names

~WSL~My YouTube tutorials with Classic+ Hair
    FTL in 2013. Back to waist/virgin 2014. Virgin thigh 2018. Cut back to waist July 2018

Length
    APL?/TBL/100cm
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Default Re: 2013 Monthly Hair Length Photo Project

I would do this and already take monthly pictures and set them aside each other, but I take them to see my progress of trimming off my layers by cutting off the gained length. I'm staying at length of 82 cm and will be there atleast half of this year depending on how my hair grows aka how fast I'll be getting rid of most of the layers. For the past few months my hair has grown really slow at a measly quarter of an inch per month so it's been slow. I don't know if this will do for the challenge as it's not really showing the gained length each month. I will keep taking the pictures either way.

I think the best way to have the pictures the same size already when taking them is to have a solid point where to set the camera to with a self timer. Mark the exact spot of the camera (maybe by tracing its outline with some tape) and the exact point where you are supposed to stand when taking the pictures. This way you will always get pictures that look the same. I haven't done this myself yet, but I think I will after we have moved to our new appartment.

Hip ---- BCL -- TBL -- 100 cm of hair!
    Growing my virgin roots since the end of 2011. Maintaining at TBL+ in 2015!

Length
    MTL/BSL/none
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Hmm, I hold the camera when I take pics. I do it all over my shoulder. I could mark the floor, but then I have to zoom in some and never zoom in exactly the same. Maybe if I did not zoom at all and just cropped out the rest, I have to crop them all anyway.

FTL in 2013. Back to waist/virgin 2014. Virgin thigh 2018. Cut back to waist July 2018

Length
    APL/26/term
    Type
    3b/3c/F/M/ii/iii

I want to do this. Now I need to find someone to take a picture of my hair from the back.

Length
    18"/24"/40"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

I'd love to join in are we going to post the photos on this thread or just keep them for oursleves to see?

**********SL ***APL*** BSL *** WL *** HL

Length
    40.6/45.6/Knee
    Type
    2a/2b/M/iii

It seems I end up in many the threads you're in or started WaitingSoLong.
    I like to join this thread too, though I will make at least one trim during the year.
    Fortunately for me I took a lenght pic at the beginning of January, so I will continue to take one at the 5th of each month.
    https://scontent-lcy1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/187269095_10158652152164011_6714569555409474266_n.  jpg?_nc_cat=104&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=3t0z8DrmzYgAX9mn43M&_nc_h  t=scontent-lcy1-1.xx&oh=2a06851c05d9cf14a8913bb90a73988e&oe=60C623  D8

Length
    APL/BSL/Knee
    Type
    3a/F/M/i/ii

I'll try and do this! I need to take this month's length fast! I guess I'll have to do the end of the month picture.

Length
    MTL/BSL/none
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Redhead Rebel View Post
    I'd love to join in are we going to post the photos on this thread or just keep them for oursleves to see?
    Ummm.....yes. I don't think there are rules. LOL

I suppose we could post cumulatively. The first month is rather anti-climatic though. I will wait until I have at lest 2 pics.

Length
    MTL/BSL/none
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by longforthis View Post
    I'll try and do this! I need to take this month's length fast! I guess I'll have to do the end of the month picture.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhodugune View Post
    It seems I end up in many the threads you're in or started WaitingSoLong.
    I like to join this thread too, though I will make at least one trim during the year.
    Fortunately for me I took a lenght pic at the beginning of January, so I will continue to take one at the 5th of each month.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redhead Rebel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iaine View Post
    I want to do this. Now I need to find someone to take a picture of my hair from the back.

YIPPEE!!! Friends!!!

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    ~sldr/18/22-25
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I'd like to join in. After I joined the community last fall I already started taking a pic each month, but it would be fun to do it together with all of you.