Thread: Style suggestions needed.

Length
    22/26/30
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Default Style suggestions needed.

Hope I'm putting this is the right place!

My daughter is competing in her first ever figure skating competition at Easter and I have no idea what to do with her hair. She is just about classic length, it needs to be all up and not weighted all on one side / back of her head for balance reasons! She is skating to the pink panther theme and her dress is pictured below.

Obviously I'm not keen on back combing and if pony tails can be avoided that would be good, any suggestions on styles?

Length
    SL+/APL/WL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Style suggestions needed.

Crown braids would dstribute the weight.

Length
    17.5"/18.5"/37
    Type
    2a/F/ii

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoX7x1JmuEk

Torrin also has a TON of other styles if this doesn't suit your taste.

Lady Ilmatar, Keeper of the Magical Menagerie, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    BSL/clas/?
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

One updo that I have found to evenly distribute weight is a french braid with the braid then taken up the side of the braid down the back of my head, then swirl around the top and circle back down. With a loose braid this could cover most of the back and top of her head like a skull cap of braids. I agree, Torrin Page has great ideas and great vids. Good luck to your daughter! What an accomplishment.

Length
    3 in/thigh/knee
    Type
    1a/M/C/ii

Definitely not a ponytail! I agree with the ideas of above posters. There is also the "interlaced braids" which I find is an extremely comfortable hairstyle. You absolutely cannot feel your hair up. Here are two tutorials for it: one for hair shorter than your daughter's and another for tailbone+ hair length.

Extraordinary Wordsmith WaitingSoLong's Avatar
    Length
    MTL/BSL/none
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Multiple cinnabuns placed in a decorative way held with spin pins. I would say 3 buns. I have seen a pic of someone on here with this style but cannot remember who it is. The buns can be accented with flowers or an accent braid.

It is possibly arc691. She does some very awesome updo's and her hair is longer. She starts threads when she has tried a new updo. You could try a search but with albums still being down I'm not sure if the pics will be available. Depends on how she links pics to her posts. Maybe she will see this thread and chime in!

~WSL~My YouTube tutorials with Classic+ Hair
    FTL in 2013. Back to waist/virgin 2014. Virgin thigh 2018. Cut back to waist July 2018