Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Girl sells hair for £3000, buys family a new house now has dream life

Extraordinary Wordsmith WaitingSoLong's Avatar
    Length
    MTL/BSL/none
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Default Re: Girl sells hair for £3000, buys family a new house now has dream life

Quote Originally Posted by Madora View Post
    I rather doubt she was that ignorant.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBluffs View Post
    Or even the logic of tying the hair with a string.
    Agreed. Being uneducated and being stupid are two different things. Poor people are not stupid. They have the same common sense anyone else has and IN FACT are even more resourceful since they have to make do with what they have. If braiding was just an unheard of concept and something as simple as tying with a string couldn't be fathomed, WHY ON EARTH did she not cut her hair? Does her whole village have this length of hair because no one has heard of scissors? come on. Not buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by MandyBeth View Post
    Her lack of LHC standard of care is pretty understandable.
    I don't think anyone was saying she lacked LHC standard. Just simple braiding/hair securing common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by AnqeIicDemise View Post
    I think it was part lack of education and sensationalism at its best.
    THERE we go.

~WSL~My YouTube tutorials with Classic+ Hair
    FTL in 2013. Back to waist/virgin 2014. Virgin thigh 2018. Cut back to waist July 2018

Length
    27,5/38/43
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Girl sells hair for £3000, buys family a new house now has dream life

I learned how to braid a regular english braid when I was five, by myself. However, even if you were by all means stupid you must in some way be able to find a way to put your hair up. It isn´t rocket science
    TBL->Classic
    Goal length: Below Classic

Length
    16.1/30.31/40
    Type
    1b/F/ii

just wondering, but are the waves we see in the picture not braid waves?

braiding is so easy to learn, I am really quite sure that wealth has nothing to do with that.
    I really think it is a basic thing that is known everywhere.

of course, I think it is fine she cut her hair, but the way the article is written makes it so dramatic.
    no fan because of the hair? that is so silly XD
    May 12th 2012, virgin hair back!
    chin, shoulder,apl,bsl,waist, hip,tailbone, classic.
    Hip length expected in January 2016.

Type
    2b/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Ishje View Post
    just wondering, but are the waves we see in the picture not braid waves?

braiding is so easy to learn, I am really quite sure that wealth has nothing to do with that.
    I really think it is a basic thing that is known everywhere.

of course, I think it is fine she cut her hair, but the way the article is written makes it so dramatic.
    no fan because of the hair? that is so silly XD
    Her hair displays the results of years of braiding...just like photographs of Victorian women on Rapunzel's Resource. Her hair has wavy/curly tendencies..but those are definitely braid waves from years of plaiting.

Hair of that length and beauty is the result of care and confinement of some kind. And I don't buy for an instant that it took such a long period of time to brush her hair.

Length
    3"/3.5"/34"
    Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by UpNorth View Post
    I learned how to braid a regular english braid when I was five, by myself. However, even if you were by all means stupid you must in some way be able to find a way to put your hair up. It isn“t rocket science
    Yeah, I can't remember when I learned an English braid, but I taught myself to French braid just by studying someone else's hair when I was 7 or 8 (in Grade 3 anyway)... My mum didn't have a clue how to do anything, so I had to learn it all for myself! I did my own hair at an age when most girls had their mum doing it, I guess (mum really couldn't do much more than a low ponytail or pigtails... she never ever had long hair!).

So yeah, I don't buy that the family "couldn't turn a fan on" cause her hair could get stuck in it. Or she couldn't ride a bike, or play with friends . Even hair that long can be braided and bunned and it doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure that stuff out!

I agree it looks like braid waves in her hair, so it seems as if a lot of the details of the story were just made up to over dramatise! I love long hair, but if it impeded my ability to live a normal life, I'd cut it to a more sensible length (not that it would ).
    Starting over short and working towards virgin hair!

Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Why not just say, " I had really long hair.... I found out I could make some cash and BAM no more hair." Stop with the stories of we can't turn on a fan and it takes four hours to wash

Nothing wrong with just wanting the cash.

Length
    SL/27.5/Waist
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

I think she is lovely, long hair or not.

some of the comments on here are surprising me. she's 12. she didn't write the article.
    Last edited by christiner; April 27th, 2012 at 09:15 AM.

Length
    15"?/25"/32
    Type
    2a/F/i/ii

wow good for her and her family! She doesn't look too upset I think. She probably only cut her bangs. I wonder if they did any cool braids for her to help keep her hair out of the way? Maybe they didn't know how?

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    pixie/BSL/clsc
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii/iii

A 40 cm BOB??? Her hair is past shoulder and they call it a bob. This article has no credibility whatsoever to me.

Length
    SL/26/WL+
    Type
    1c/F/ii

from knee to beyond wasnt looking very good for my taste
    i think is an exaggerated article, like the beach or others like if she had a mechanical arm or something, i mean is hair that she could putted up!
    -lola-