Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Girl sells hair for £3000, buys family a new house now has dream life

Tries to Help Everyone jacqueline101's Avatar
    Length
    slh/Hip/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/iii

Default Re: Girl sells hair for £3000, buys family a new house now has dream life

Her hair is lovely and I didn't think you could sell hair.

http://51303.photobucket.com/user/ja...ker101/profile
    Some say I'm nearing hip and my fat ate the hair I'm jacqueline101 not a pronoun
    jacquelinewalker101.blogspot.com

Huge Tolkien Nerd! Long_hair_bear's Avatar
    Length
    bob/41.25/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Default Re: Girl sells hair for £3000, buys family a new house now has dream life

While I'm sad that her hair is now shorter than mine, I fully understand why she cut it. Makes me cringe alittle though. What a gorgeous head of hair!

“Some of the worst mistakes in my life were haircuts." - Jim Morrison
    "But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her." 1 Corinthians 11:15
    *UNICORN* Looking for Maxima Diamond Two toned Amethyst in Large

Type
    3a/3b/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by trolleypup View Post
    Presumably sold to a private buyer who said it was for "extensions".
    Exactly what I was thinking.

I don't think being poor means you're so uneducated you don't know how to braid. That part doesn't make sense at all. Even impoverished areas now have access to the internet, and youtube, but even without that, someone in her entire neighborhood must know how to braid!

Length
    23 in/29 in/34 in
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

I'm surprised at the amount it sold for. I would not have thought hair could be sold for that much. Also it said $5000 in the title and $9000 in the text - hmmm.

Length
    37/FTL/58
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by jeanniet View Post

I don't think being poor means you're so uneducated you don't know how to braid. That part doesn't make sense at all. Even impoverished areas now have access to the internet, and youtube, but even without that, someone in her entire neighborhood must know how to braid!
    Or even the logic of tying the hair with a string.
    “I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.”Philippians 4:13
    2016 Goal: thicken hemline | 2017 Goal: Possible calf length?
    From hip length Jan 2011 - > knee length (2016) -> Going for ankle 2018

made of sugar and cyanide MandyBeth's Avatar
    Length
    6"?/17"/.....
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by jeanniet View Post

Having been to Brazil plus what I understand from friends, the areas like the girl lives in have very limited internet if any.

Add in very minimal and basic education.

Add in quitting school young to work.

Then the basic fact that English is a VERY hard language to learn.

Her lack of LHC standard of care is pretty understandable.

A friend grew up eating ONE small to US standards meal every two days. He was eating less than what many see as an appetizer, yet he says he was far better off than this girl.

I can't say what she did was so horrible because I know how bad off my friend was and he says he was better off. I've done post Katrina clean up and I was better off then than how he grew up. There is NO way I can dream how bad off this family is.

Persistent Procrastinator teela1978's Avatar
    Length
    19/34/36
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by julliams View Post
    I'm surprised at the amount it sold for. I would not have thought hair could be sold for that much. Also it said $5000 in the title and $9000 in the text - hmmm.
    I'm pretty sure that was B$9000 - brazilian dollars. The conversion isn't quite 1:2 so it's probably about right.

Type
    2a/C/iii

That's wonderful- that she can make such a differenc to her and her family's lives, just by selling her hair.
    If mine were that long and I could buy a house from selling it, I'd sellit in a heartbeat.
    "The reward for conformity is that everybody likes you except yourself" - Rita Mae Brown

Last of the Brunnen-G kwaniesiam's Avatar
    Length
    bald/mop/long!
    Type
    2b/2c/F/i/ii

The price doesn't surprise me at all. For curly, virign hair in that color/ethnicity and length private wig and extension makers would pay top price. Most extension hair comes from India or China and needs a lot of processing to be made in to various textures and colors, by eliminating the processing required to get the color and curl pattern you can sell it for better prices as the hair is less damaged and lasts longer. Naturally blonde and red hair fetches the highest prices of all.
    Your neighborhood LHC-friendly hair stylist Anyone is always free to PM me if they have any questions they think I might be able to help with, hair or otherwise!

Sober Lush Extraordinair AnqeIicDemise's Avatar
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii/iii

I don't understand how she can't braid either. I understand the lack of 'lhc education' but someone, even in a shanty town, should know how to braid hair.

I've been in really impoverished towns where dirt floors were common, people still went out into the woods to relieve themselves and roofs had to be replaced often because they had no solid material. Hell, you were considered superbly rich if you had corrugated plastic as roofing... and women knew how to braid their hair. I'm talking about teeny tiny little dots in the map locations where Spanish was not even a language anybody spoke in a predominantly Spanish speaking country.

-shrug-

I think it was part lack of education and sensationalism at its best.

eye haelp mama kiep londry waerm.
    BSL|WSL | HP | not quite there CL |
    Moonstruck Tresses