Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Hair cleavage, when is it too much?

Account Closed by Member Request

Default Re: Hair cleavage, when is it too much?

Quote Originally Posted by skyblue View Post
    But your not thinning, you said yourself that your hair is naturally thin in front right, and that it's been that way since you can remember, did I miss read that part lol! This guy jumped to a conclusion on first sight, he didn't know your hair, he didn't know you, so stop worrying lol
    from what I can see your hair is gorgeous
    Well here is the thing. I have always been thin, but I think I might be getting thinner. I have only started paying attention to this since he brought it my attention. Before then it did seem thicker but it is hard to tell because I don't have any real documentation. The other thing that is throwing me off is I have never grown out the front longer than my chin in length. I've always had bangs or layers. Right now for the first time in my life I have the front of my hair really long (for me) and it seems to be making my scalp much more visible. It is hard for me to decipher if I am actually thinning, if the longer hair is making me lose more hair, or if the longer hair is pulling more and making it look worse...lately it has me feeling down and I'm not quite sure what to do.

Here is a recent pic of my hair cleavage, please I would love to see other pics if you could post.

Length
    -/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I will try to take a pic of my hair top tonight or tmr. Have u consider changing hair parting?
    Life is meant to be an enjoyment

Type
    1a/F/i

I'm in the process of growing my bangs out because I want to see how they look simply parted to either side. My bangs do separate a lot, so I'm not sure they really help me.

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeDM View Post
    Hi Bonkers, I was just going through your pics and I think we share the same situation, do you find bangs to be more helpful? Right now I'm thinking about maybe adding some longer bangs in and some layers to alleviate some of the hair cleavage...this whole thinning thing has got me down, I'm even thinking about just chopping it

Length
    ?/35/40
    Type
    1c/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeDM View Post
    That is pretty interesting that you can control the hair cleavage more when it is long. In my case, I feel that the longer it gets the more pronounced the thinning, but this could all be in my head. I've heard it so many times from people, the longer your hair the more it thins and the heavier the hairs are which puts more pressure on the roots. Of course I don't really know if this is true at all, but I do wonder??
    I find when my hair is shorter, it stands up more, and you can see more scalp in between all the hairs. When it's longer, it's flatter, and covers more of my scalp. If it's only thin at the front, have you considered bangs? That should hide any odd hair cleavage, imo. my sister has realllllllly thin fine hair, and she looks ten thousand times better (and thicker) with short blunt bangs.

Type
    1a/F/i

I've been trying to avoid heat styling and handling my hair too much, but I'm going to have to do something with it because it looks like crap if I don't. When it was in an ear-length bob, I could more easily get by with it. Over the years, styling my hair, then a light touch of hair spray minimizes cleavage. My hair is way too fine to do nothing at this stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Arya View Post
    I find when my hair is shorter, it stands up more, and you can see more scalp in between all the hairs. When it's longer, it's flatter, and covers more of my scalp. If it's only thin at the front, have you considered bangs? That should hide any odd hair cleavage, imo. my sister has realllllllly thin fine hair, and she looks ten thousand times better (and thicker) with short blunt bangs.

I have had blunt bangs before but they make my face look really boxy, longer side bangs (nose length) or light front layering seems to help the thinness and works better with my face. Since this is the first time I have it longer and all one length this might just be my lot in hair life. It is a little discouraging however because I just spent the last two and a half years growing out front layers only to find out that I might need them after all . I figured that if my hair was all one length it would be thicker, but my hair in the front has sort of thinned out at the ends so much anyways, layers might just be inevitable for a thinny like me.

As far as the side part goes, yes it is much better to the side and you can not see as much hair cleavage, but my hair is very stubborn and has a mind of it's own so when I part it to the side it tries to go to the middle, even with hair spray .

I guess this is all part (no pun intended) of the growing out process, tyring to find out what works and what doesn't, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Fufu View Post
    I will try to take a pic of my hair top tonight or tmr. Have u consider changing hair parting?
    Oh please do, show me your hair cleavage, I don't want to be the only one!

Length
    SL/short/??
    Type
    3a/M/C/iii

I have thick hair, but still get "hair cleavage" because of cowlicks and a weird natural double parting. I used to freak out over it for a long time, thinking my hair was thinning or I had bald spots or something. It's a lot more obvious with greasy hair. Lately I've been getting better at just ignoring it and working around it. The hair at the crown does seem a bit thinner than the rest, but I'm learning not to let that bother me either.

I guess it's natural for hair thickness to vary on different areas of your scalp?

Length
    13"/33"/33"
    Type
    1b/1c/M/C/iii

Carpe, your hair is beautiful. And your taste in firearms isn't bad either.