Page 220 of 529 FirstFirst ... 120170210218219220221222230270320 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,200 of 5285

Thread: Honey thread - from TBB and bits from old LHC

Length
    21/~28/33
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/iii

Default Re: Honey thread - from TBB and bits from old LHC

ktani- I'm hoping you might have some advice/info for me. I apologize in advance for not reading all 200+ pages of this thread. I read quite a bit & did do a few searches that turned up no results.

Is honey lightening advised for chemically dyed hair?

I just recently starting coloring with Robert Craig Chocolate Brown (to cover grey) and it's a bit dark for my liking. I would like to gently fade it a bit without using drying dishsoap or shampoo.

I've read through the guidelines (many, many times )and know the dos & don'ts when/if I go forward with my experiment. I'm thinking I would go with the straight 4:1 H2O:honey dilution (12oz H2O:3oz honey). I'm a big chicken when it comes to changing my hair so I'm not going to play with boosters just yet.

What do you think?
    TIA!

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

Quote Originally Posted by tinabcurly View Post
    ktani- I'm hoping you might have some advice/info for me. I apologize in advance for not reading all 200+ pages of this thread. I read quite a bit & did do a few searches that turned up no results.

Is honey lightening advised for chemically dyed hair?

I just recently starting coloring with Robert Craig Chocolate Brown (to cover grey) and it's a bit dark for my liking. I would like to gently fade it a bit without using drying dishsoap or shampoo.

I've read through the guidelines (many, many times )and know the dos & don'ts when/if I go forward with my experiment. I'm thinking I would go with the straight 4:1 H2O:honey dilution (12oz H2O:3oz honey). I'm a big chicken when it comes to changing my hair so I'm not going to play with boosters just yet.

What do you think?
    TIA!
    No apologies necessary. I am glad that you read the guidelines. I suggest distilled water.

To answer your question, honey lightening has been reported to work well on colour-treated hair.

There have been no reported problems with it at all.

Length
    21/~28/33
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by ktani View Post
    No apologies necessary. I am glad that you read the guidelines. I suggest distilled water.

To answer your question, honey lightening has been reported to work well on colour-treated hair.

There have been no reported problems with it at all.
    Thank you so much for the quick response!
    I have my Target Market Pantry honey & a gallon of distilled water ready to go...per your guidelines. Thank you so much for such complete instructions by the way. I'm a stay-inside-the-lines kind of girl when it comes to hair experiments so I really appreciate them Friday's the big day. I'll post my results.

Quote Originally Posted by tinabcurly View Post
    Thank you so much for the quick response!
    I have my Target Market Pantry honey & a gallon of distilled water ready to go...per your guidelines. Thank you so much for such complete instructions by the way. I'm a stay-inside-the-lines kind of girl when it comes to hair experiments so I really appreciate them Friday's the big day. I'll post my results.
    You are most welcome.

I look forwrd to your results, with pictures, recipe repeated and a report on the condition of your hair, all in one post if you can, please.

Is it ok to CO wash? I don't use shampoo, so for clean hair I would have to either buy a shampoo (no idea which brand or kind would be good! it's been too long without buying shampoo!) or CO wash and not apply any stylers at all after washing my hair. Maybe CO wash and then ACV rinse to make sure no condish is left?
    "I know sometimes I might seem so ugly, and maybe I really am. I know that I'm not that easy to ignore when I'm really mad..." - Curls and more curls, some hair idols and my hair-story Sometimes upload curly pics on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Jorchet View Post
    Is it ok to CO wash? I don't use shampoo, so for clean hair I would have to either buy a shampoo (no idea which brand or kind would be good! it's been too long without buying shampoo!) or CO wash and not apply any stylers at all after washing my hair. Maybe CO wash and then ACV rinse to make sure no condish is left?
    If you have clarified recently, a CO and acv should be. If there is a lot of build-up on your hair, I suggest that you clarify first.

Quote Originally Posted by ktani View Post
    If you have clarified recently, a CO and acv should be. If there is a lot of build-up on your hair, I suggest that you clarify first.
    Thank you Ktani! You're always so helpful!
    "I know sometimes I might seem so ugly, and maybe I really am. I know that I'm not that easy to ignore when I'm really mad..." - Curls and more curls, some hair idols and my hair-story Sometimes upload curly pics on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Jorchet View Post
    Thank you Ktani! You're always so helpful!
    You are most welcome, thank you.

Ktani-

I am considering increasing the boosters in my mix. If I was to increase the cinnamon to 3 tbls and the cardamom to 3 tbls OR use 6 tbls of cardamom (as it's easier to rinse) how would that effect the 4:1 liquid/honey ratio? Would it still be 3/4 c water and 1/8 c honey + the 6 tbls of booster?

Quote Originally Posted by wintersun99 View Post
    Ktani-

I am considering increasing the boosters in my mix. If I was to increase the cinnamon to 3 tbls and the cardamom to 3 tbls OR use 6 tbls of cardamom (as it's easier to rinse) how would that effect the 4:1 liquid/honey ratio? Would it still be 3/4 c water and 1/8 c honey + the 6 tbls of booster?
    The water to honey ratio does not change. For 1/8 cup honey it would still be 3/4 cup water.

You may feel more comfortable, with that amount of spice, doubling the recipe to 1/4 cup honey and 1 1/2 cups distilled water.

In fact I recommend doing so, just to dilute the spices more, even if you have leftover treatment.

But I do advise caution with spices because an increase may cause irritation where previous, lower amounts have not.

At the first sign of trouble, I strongly suggest rinsing the treatment out.
    Last edited by ktani; September 12th, 2008 at 07:55 AM. Reason: spelling