Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Fun with Flowers, Blooms in Buns/Braids, Corsage Coiffures, Herbal Hairstyles, etc

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Default Re: Fun with Flowers, Blooms in Buns/Braids, Corsage Coiffures, Herbal Hairstyles, et

Okay, the carrot is HILARIOUS!

Not quite ready to join you-all yet, as only the very earliest of flowers are up out here. But give me a couple weeks or a month, and there will be plenty of raw material to work with!

Length
    long/term/term
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

Default Re: Fun with Flowers, Blooms in Buns/Braids, Corsage Coiffures, Herbal Hairstyles, et

Quote Originally Posted by shelomit View Post

Not quite ready to join you-all yet, as only the very earliest of flowers are up out here. But give me a couple weeks or a month, and there will be plenty of raw material to work with!
    Oh dear goodness - I can see it now - a radish in your updo! First crop of the season!

I sent you a PM and I hope you got it.
    Opting out of Friend Requests, thank you very much!

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    Bra/Thigh/Knee
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by tuanyiji View Post
    Awww, your blond hair and that blue flower looks like a fairy. Whirly Girly

I can imagine even with just the two of us, this thread will be full of fun floral contents.

Oh thank you so much, Tuanyiji doll. I have a feeling we won’t be the only ones in this playful and fun thread….not by a long shot.

Your beebutt bun is so pretty with the carnations! I love all your buns and up-dos, love. They’re just delightful.

Ok, my very first up-do using real flowers as an adult. I remember my mom putting baby’s breath in my hair when I was a child, for a special event…. but this is my first time doing it as a big girl.

My African Violets are in full bloom right now, so I used some. They are so dainty and delicate…perfect for hair.

How do you secure your flowers in your hair, Tuanyiji hun? I pinched the flower stems in between a bobby pin and then just poked them into my hair. This method seems to hold them in nicely. I still have them in now.

Oh this is so fun!

Length
    APL/FTL/TERM
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by shelomit View Post

You are welcome to join anytime
    Sometimes if I don't have any flowers, I just make do with leaves, even wilted ones can become a sight.
    These were from a Yun Nan camphor tree outside my house. They matched my brown sweater pretty well.
    In fact, this herbal figure-8 bun was what prompted this whole thread in the first place.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cp1hmEiL...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Quote Originally Posted by Whirly Girly View Post
    Oh thank you so much, Tuanyiji doll. I have a feeling we won’t be the only ones in this playful and fun thread….not by a long shot.

Your beebutt bun is so pretty with the carnations! I love all your buns and up-dos, love. They’re just delightful.

Ok, my very first up-do using real flowers as an adult. I remember my mom putting baby’s breath in my hair when I was a child, for a special event…. but this is my first time doing it as a big girl.

My African Violets are in full bloom right now, so I used some. They are so dainty and delicate…perfect for hair.

How do you secure your flowers in your hair, Tuanyiji hun? I pinched the flower stems in between a bobby pin and then just poked them into my hair. This method seems to hold them in nicely. I still have them in now.

Oh this is so fun!

Thank you very much. Those crystal hairstick tips are stunning.
    Your violets look amazing! I've been on a purple phase as well.
    Usually after I put up my bun with a plain stick that barely got any notice (because I don't want the stick to steal the thunder lol), I pinch the flowers and the leaves between the gap of my scalp and bun, sometimes I use some U-pins to help secure, but most of the time they're for photographic purpose so I don't expect them to stay solid for a long time.

My hairdo of this morning is this one with Bougainvillea glabra aka glory of the garden or paper flower., and by the end of the photoshoot, the flowers fell to the floor lol.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CqZUh_3Juwa/

I always post two versions of my hairdos on instagram, the plain bun and the decorative one, each from 9 angles, just to test the general reaction, in my opinion, the plain buns with the barely noticeable stick are the ones that show off my bunning skill and hair texture.

However, without a doubt, the ones with colorful flowers always get more likes, which is fine by me. I have a lot of hairsticks but I rarely use them, preferring this most trust-worthy nail-like stick, and plants are widely available around my area so it's an inexpensive and eco-friendly alternative.
    Last edited by tuanyiji; March 29th, 2023 at 09:19 PM.
    107cm 1b/C/10.2cm Fingercomb/Bun/Water-only No-Trim/Elastic/Heat
    [Youtube][Instagram][Fun with Flowers][Shed Hair Hand-tie Project][ABC Hairstyle Challenge]

Type
    2b/2c/C/ii/iii

Lovely, Tuanyiji
    I will definitely be doing this once my garden starts to bloom. Do you just use the flowers as is, or use something around the stem to prevent wilting?
    NECK SL APL MBL WAIST HIP TBL CLASSIC
    Wishing for sparkly Ficcare Unicorns: Large or medium Superstars

Length
    APL/FTL/TERM
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Joliebaby View Post
    Lovely, Tuanyiji
    I will definitely be doing this once my garden starts to bloom. Do you just use the flowers as is, or use something around the stem to prevent wilting?
    Thank you very much. I normal just use the flowers as they are. I just pick them from the garden and use them within 4 hours. Some plants wilt quickly, such as this Carolina Midnight after 2 hours:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cqanlqir...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

while some are sturdier like carnation and Bougainvillea glabra, I place the stems in a glass of water and the buds will bloom as time goes by.
    For example, in this photo, the pink carnation was picked last week while the purple paper flower was picked yesterday.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CqZ5E9hL...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
    Last edited by tuanyiji; March 30th, 2023 at 09:40 AM.
    [Youtube][Instagram][Fun with Flowers][Shed Hair Hand-tie Project][ABC Hairstyle Challenge]

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by embee View Post
    Oh dear goodness - I can see it now - a radish in your updo! First crop of the season!

I sent you a PM and I hope you got it.
    Ehehehe, I haven't even planted any radishes this spring! I ate enough last fall to satisfy me for quite a while ( ;

I did get your PM, thank you <333 This week has been busy at work so I haven't gotten time to turn back to the Southern Harmony project yet. Shall reply when I do!

Length
    Pixie/Hip?/Term.
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii

What a great idea for a thread!!

I have always loved putting flowers, leaves and twigs into my hair, especially now when I bun a lot and it is just so easy to stick them in (my hair being super straight so if it's not up then nothing stays). This gives me a lot of inspiration and I will see whether I have some photo's to share too!

I used to wear plumeria flowers sometimes when I lived in Thailand... I'd just pick up the fallen ones on the ground. When I had my hair in Heidi, braids, I'd just tuck them into the part low at the back of my head. They smelled so good...
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Length
    APL/FTL/TERM
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Gwendolynn View Post
    What a great idea for a thread!!

I have always loved putting flowers, leaves and twigs into my hair, especially now when I bun a lot and it is just so easy to stick them in (my hair being super straight so if it's not up then nothing stays). This gives me a lot of inspiration and I will see whether I have some photo's to share too!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    I used to wear plumeria flowers sometimes when I lived in Thailand... I'd just pick up the fallen ones on the ground. When I had my hair in Heidi, braids, I'd just tuck them into the part low at the back of my head. They smelled so good...
    Thank you both, looking forward to your future participation.

Here are my hardos of the day, both are equibrium bun variations, I almost always do a left-handed version of the same bun to test my limits.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Cqcc8U5riB4/

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cqcz5GRrkgm/

At last, my trusted Lazy Wrap bun.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CqdOhs6LBJb/
    Last edited by tuanyiji; March 31st, 2023 at 08:33 AM.