View Poll Results: How do you choose a hairtoy?

Voters
189. You may not vote on this poll
  • It HAS to match my haircolor!

18 9.52%
  • Durability is very important, my hair is a hairtoy-eater!

35 18.52%
  • I need something simple to use every day. It should not outshine the beauty of my hair

41 21.69%
  • Dangles! Beads! Sparkles!!! Oooh shiny *_*

30 15.87%
  • It should be handmade and intricate, i appreciate the time spent on a work of art.

54 28.57%
  • Most expensive ones. There must be a reason, riight?

5 2.65%
  • Most comfortable ones ever. I cannot stand pulling/ damaging my hair no matter how pretty it is.

138 73.02%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you choose a hairtoy?

Length
    MBL/Waist/Long
    Type
    1c/F/ii/iii

Default Re: How do you choose a hairtoy?

Quote Originally Posted by Else View Post
    My hairtoys should be sturdy, handmade, hair friendly and good looking with my hair color!
    That pretty much covers it for me, too!

Waist ~ Hip ~ TBL ~ Classic ~ Knee

Length
    18/Cl/Term
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by neko_kawaii View Post
    None of the answers fit me. I buy the toys I like (aesthetics which can range from simple lines and plain colors to decorative inlay and frills), appear to be durable, and fit my budget at the time. The toy has to fit all three criteria.
    Same here. Plus, it has to be usable with one of my go-to styles. There's no point in me spending money on a hair toy that I'll never use because it's not practical.

Length
    ????/35.5/40
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Comfortable, sturdy and pretty. I also like funky and out of the ordinary, which forks and sticks do for me.

I've literally been harassed at work because of my hair and my ethnicity, so for work I stick to the more... mainstream options.
    'And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair' Khalil Gibran.
    ⌣⌢ (ˆ◡ˆ) ⌢⌣

Length
    ./42/47
    Type
    2a/C/iii

I'm sorry to hear that, Kina! For work I choose something practical like simple sticks without dangles or smaller Grah-Toe because of their superior hold. For University I choose something I grab at first in the morning. I like different kind of styles (wooden, metal, plain but with little eye catching details as antlers as material). All glittery doesn't suit me.

Length
    28/40/42
    Type
    1c/F/ii

I voted that it has to match my hair colour, but that's not quite true - as said here earlier, it's important that it goes well with my colour and doesn't clash.

I like simple natural materials, but I do very much appreciate if there is some subtle intricate detail going on. I'm not a fan of dangling bits or too much shine and sparkle on my hairtoys. It would look out of place with the way I dress.
    MBL - Waist - Hip - BCL - TBL - Classic

Length
    shldr/shldr/?
    Type
    1c/F/ii

It has to be comfortable if I'm just around the house (plain fork or stick). If I'm spending a long day outside then it have to hold well (Ficcare). If I want to show off: Flexi8 or more decorated forks or sticks. Flexis are comfortable too but I don't want to nap with them! Ficcares pull my hair a little bit at the moment because I bought them when my hair was longer (they are large).

My most used hairtoy at the moment: Quattro StarLite fork (comfortable even when sleeping)

Length
    BSL/Chin/Chin
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Comfortable, sturdy, shiny and sparkly! I need it to hold well and not snag my hair, but also be blingy and gorgeous. Ficcares and Flexi-8s are perfect
    Thunder and lightning won’t change what I’m feeling, and the daffodils look lovely today
    From tbl+ to short bob

Length
    17/23/29
    Type
    3c/C/iii

My ideal hair toy would: hold all my hair without pulling or discomfort and allow me to lean my head back when I want to; be sturdy and never break;obviously not pull out or break hairs; look attractive and classy and not like, cheap or childish; be a reasonable price for what it is; be easy to buy when you want one without a lot of drama, sniping, inflated ebay prices and competition. It would also go in easily and stay in all day.

Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

I voted for "Most comfortable ones ever. I cannot stand pulling/ damaging my hair no matter how pretty it is."
    because even a loose bun with gentle Invisibobble done a bit wrong makes my scalp hurt. I can't wear those cute buns on the top of your head because it causes a lot of pain and eventually a headache. Even normal ponytail makes my scalp numb and achy. I' love to experiment with other hair toys than an Invisibobble but I'm too lazy, as I'm with new hair styles too.

Everything is chemicals! Bagginslover's Avatar
    Length
    26.5/35.5/50
    Type
    1b/M/iii

The only ones there that didn't apply for me were the expensive, and the dangly options. I much prefer cheap hairtoys, but they must still be good quality. I do have a couple of expensive pieces (expensive for me that is) that were custom made, and I don't wear trhem often for fear of damaging them. Those custom peices are also my most fancy, and one is the only one I have with a dangle (it was a neccisary part of the design), I don't generally like dangles for my hair.

BSL-Waist-Hip-BCL-TBL-Classic
    Layers cut back in, oops!!!!