Page 9 of 548 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109509 ... LastLast

Thread: Tailbone | Classic

Length
    28"/42.5"/48"
    Type
    3c/M/C/iii

Default Re: Tailbone to classic thread!

I've been hanging out at midbutt for a while now and the longest bits of my hair are now a mere inch or so from classic. Being as short as I am (tailbone is at 33", classic is 39.5-40"), I didn't have to wait very long for my hair to reach certain milestones down my back, but waiting for it to reach classic makes my rear end seem endlessly long.
    Lady Starr Weaver of the Celestial Heavens in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    3b, M/C, iii, 40"
    Straightened length with fairy tale ends in siggie pic

Length
    TLB/chin/waist
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Starr View Post
    I've been hanging out at midbutt for a while now and the longest bits of my hair are now a mere inch or so from classic. Being as short as I am (tailbone is at 33", classic is 39.5-40"), I didn't have to wait very long for my hair to reach certain milestones down my back, but waiting for it to reach classic makes my rear end seem endlessly long.
    Plus your 3b, right? So you have to be a bit extra patient because of that, too. Your hair is lovely, it will be STUNNING at classic.

My hair is stuck. I had a couple trims (good trims, but still) so I feel like I've been where I am for months. Which I have. SIGH! Impatience!

For the very first time EVER I was annoyed at my length. I don't like my hair down when I'm still sweaty and dirty from a day at work and teaching exercise classes. I feel like my hair will get icky, too. (this is not necessarily logical... but that doesn't stop me from feeling that way). I used to have it down (combing it and oiling it etc) before my evening bath. Well, until an inch or so ago, my length would swing past the inward curve on my lower back and not really touch me all that much, you know? But now it sticks to my lower back and top of my butt and then I feel like it's just as sweaty and gross as the rest of me so I need to wash it. I usually keep it up except for a while in the evening when I take it down, comb, oil, and switch updos. But not I'll have to leave it up until after my bath. Not a big deal, but an adjustment nonetheless and it was also weird to be annoyed with my hair.
    From BSL to classic to pixie to chin to ... ??? All my hair is now virgin and LHC-loved.

Length
    shldr/shldr/70 in
    Type
    2c/M/iii

New development: Remeasured both my hair and classic length-hair is now 36.5 and classic length is actually 41, not 43. This means in about 8 months, I'll be at classic. Past classic for my 21st birthday or classic with layer-free hair, depending on whether I maintain a bit there or not.

This is so exciting!

Also, if anyone's noticed the shifting numbers in my sig, it's due to my complete inability to get the same measurement twice for my body. So annoying. I need to use a wall and put a mark where the top of my head is, to really be able to measure my total height (and therefore floor length) without getting wildly inconsistant measurements.
    Last edited by Nevermore; October 20th, 2009 at 02:59 PM.
    Growing my hair back out after some much-needed experimentation and with a color I love!

Length
    TLB/chin/waist
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Nevermore View Post
    New development: Remeasured both my hair and classic length-hair is now 36.5 and classic length is actually 41, not 43. This means in about 8 months, I'll be at classic. Past classic for my 21st birthday or classic with layer-free hair, depending on whether I maintain a bit there or not.

This is so exciting!
    Nevermore - ROCK on! You'll be there in the summer!

I've got about 10 months if I do no trims. But I might have a trim or two.
    From BSL to classic to pixie to chin to ... ??? All my hair is now virgin and LHC-loved.

Budding Homesteader Indigo Girl's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/Hip/Class
    Type
    1a/F/ii

I'd like to join! Classic is my final goal; I just like the way that length sits on the body.

I'm not too happy with my hair now as the ends have really thinned out due to post-stress, but here is where I'm at:

I'm hoping in a year I'll be at classic with good ends.
    Last edited by Indigo Girl; October 20th, 2009 at 07:09 PM. Reason: gah, typos

Length
    3/16/40
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Don't know my measurement right now. A girl on my volleyball team pointed out that my hair's grown lately. But I'm at tailbone exactly now and I'm heading to classic, my overall goal. Very excited! Hoping to be classic by grad!!!!

Length
    TLB/chin/waist
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo Girl View Post
    I'd like to join! Classic is my final goal; I just like the way that length sits on the body.

I'm not too happy with my hair now as the ends have really thinned out due to post-stress, but here is where I'm at:

I'm hoping in a year I'll be at classic with good ends.
    WOW Indigo Girl, your hair is SO shiny and gorgeous! I can see your ends are thinner than the rest of your hair but it doesn't look bad at all - it's so pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by CaityBear View Post
    Don't know my measurement right now. A girl on my volleyball team pointed out that my hair's grown lately. But I'm at tailbone exactly now and I'm heading to classic, my overall goal. Very excited! Hoping to be classic by grad!!!!
    CaityBear - Are you graduating in 2010?

Length
    28"/42.5"/48"
    Type
    3c/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Amara View Post
    Plus your 3b, right? So you have to be a bit extra patient because of that, too. Your hair is lovely, it will be STUNNING at classic.

My hair is stuck. I had a couple trims (good trims, but still) so I feel like I've been where I am for months. Which I have. SIGH! Impatience!

For the very first time EVER I was annoyed at my length. I don't like my hair down when I'm still sweaty and dirty from a day at work and teaching exercise classes. I feel like my hair will get icky, too. (this is not necessarily logical... but that doesn't stop me from feeling that way). I used to have it down (combing it and oiling it etc) before my evening bath. Well, until an inch or so ago, my length would swing past the inward curve on my lower back and not really touch me all that much, you know? But now it sticks to my lower back and top of my butt and then I feel like it's just as sweaty and gross as the rest of me so I need to wash it. I usually keep it up except for a while in the evening when I take it down, comb, oil, and switch updos. But not I'll have to leave it up until after my bath. Not a big deal, but an adjustment nonetheless and it was also weird to be annoyed with my hair.

Thank you for the compliment.

My curls are the reason why each length goal is two parted: my actual length verses my visual length. My ultimate goal is for my hair to visually be classic length, but a mini goal of mine is to reach classic, despite the fact that it won't look like it until much later.

I totally understand you about the hair annoyances, but in the end we can only hope that all the irratation was worth it reach our goals. I can't really stand to have my hair down too often either there's just too much going on- sweating at the gym, sticky baby fingers, dirt while cleaning, so I completely understand why you feel that way.
    Lady Starr Weaver of the Celestial Heavens in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    3b, M/C, iii, 40"
    Straightened length with fairy tale ends in siggie pic

untangledwithcare♥ windinherhair's Avatar
    Type
    1a/M/ii

I would like to join! I am hitting a few inches past hip now.

Length
    Short/Tlb/Knee?

I'm in this group too. I'm not sure what Classic measures on me, but I'm not quite there yet. I think I have a few more inches to go...