Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Has this been done before or have I invented my own bun?

Length
    13.5/35/40
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Question Has this been done before or have I invented my own bun?

Did I just invent a new type of infinity bun?

I was attempting one, and noticed that my mistake was looking more and more like a treble clef being a musician at heart hehe. So, after a couple practice tries of my "mistake" I decided to take a photo and stick my neck out here. Has anyone done this before? If not, I would like to name it the "Musician's Infinity Bun"! LOL I turned the regular infinity shape vertical, and made one loop really small and the other coiled. How fun!

Here it is:

Jemoiselle's Twist Trim Video

http://youtu.be/cipgwKqX7UM

Length
    48 cm/86 cm/100+
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i/ii

Default Re: Has this been done before or have I invented my own bun?

I think I've seen a similar bun before, I am not sure though. However, it looks great! I wish I could do cool buns too. *jealous*

Length
    pixie/22.5/???
    Type
    2c/F/ii

I think once my hair is long enough I'm going to try to do this instead of the regular infinity. BUt then I am a music geek.
    1" (03/13), 18" (05/14); 6yrs off LHC, pixied 10/17, now 22”
    Maybe goals: BSL 28, WL 36, TB 42, CL 50, Knee 62

Length
    18.5/36/37
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

I love it! Never seen it before, but I'm just an amateur. If my hair were long enough I would try it for fun (though I would probably be boring and call it the Treble Clef)
    ~Lady Scheherazade, Keeper of the Sands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights~

Length
    19"/31"/hip
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

That's really cool! And it does really look like a treble clef.
    Very interesting!
    Lady Enyo of the Brave Victory in the Order of the Longhaired Knights

Length
    1/class/?
    Type
    1a/M/ii

It looks like a treble clef bun (old board name) which is the classic_and_longer version of the equilibrium bun which can be seen in our article section. I´m sorry this one is not a new bun, but nonetheless very pretty .
    Doing it without folding the hair in half is a nifty trick to achieve the same treble clef look with shorter hair , but I would suggest calling it ´cheaters´ treble clef or something like that ... just to not confuse the rare oldtimers who remember the folded version being called treble clef. Please I´m still recovering from the changed meaning of the nautilus bun.

Length
    pixie/APL/MB
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Cool bun! I will remember it until my hair is long enough...
    I'm a purple-belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu since Sep 8th 2010!
    And here you can hear me (solo) with my choir: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l25lR3MTSnQ

Length
    13.5/35/40
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Finoriel View Post
    It looks like a treble clef bun (old board name) which is the classic_and_longer version of the equilibrium bun which can be seen in our article section. I´m sorry this one is not a new bun, but nonetheless very pretty .
    Doing it without folding the hair in half is a nifty trick to achieve the same treble clef look with shorter hair , but I would suggest calling it ´cheaters´ treble clef or something like that ... just to not confuse the rare oldtimers who remember the folded version being called treble clef. Please I´m still recovering from the changed meaning of the nautilus bun.
    Awesome, and BOO at the same time! Hehe. I am having such a hard time keeping up with all the buns! I thought this one originated from the instructions for an infinity. I am off to research the equilibrium now! Well, my spin on this old one can be called the Musician's Bun then hehe, since it isn't an infinity type I guess. I am so confused! Nevertheless, it sure was fun to make! Thanks for informing me I would have never in a million years known about the one on the old board!

Jemoiselle's Twist Trim Video

http://youtu.be/cipgwKqX7UM

Yep, the treble clef. Very beautifully done indeed!

Length
    1/class/?
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Jemoiselle View Post
    I thought this one originated from the instructions for an infinity.
    You´re absolutely right here, it is some sort of figure8 bun. Just with 2 or 1 1/2 coils on the bottom and one loop folded over at the top. That´s what you get when your hair is long enough to make 3 coils, when you shape 3 coils instead of making 2 and wrapping the excess length around the base of the bun.
    Sorry I guess I was unclear (has been a long day for me). What you get from doing a figure8 in the way you did, is very close to what my equilibrium bun looks like. That´s just how an equilibrium bun looks with long enough hair, which lead to it´s name on the old board > treble clef bun.
    Sometimes all roads lead to Rome you found another way to achieve the treble clef look without needing to fold ones hair in half before twisting it, which makes it possible to look like that for ´shorter´ long hair.
    I hope this explanation was better I fear not though. It is indeed confusing.

My treble clef, by the way somehow scary that it looks that similar while the way of making it is not the same.