Thread: Bis-amino propyl dimethicone

Type
    1a/1b/F/i

Default Bis-amino propyl dimethicone

Hi all -

I'm really liking this cone right now. It doesn't seem to build up, even without using shampoo. Does the pantene stuff in the states use this? I live in Chile and they recently reformulated both the Pert and Pantene to only have this cone. The old stuff with cyclo and dimethicone was really coating and horrid, but this new cone seems to work every time. I think I like it better than amodimethicone.

Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Herbal Essence's Long Term Relationship also has that cone in the USA. I could have sworn that Hello Hydration and Totally Twisted had it as well, but google is coming up with nil when trying to double check the ingredients.

I suspect the Pantene over here would also have it, because they share a number of formulas with HE with the main differences being fragrances and token additions of plant ingredients.
    Lady Nemetona of the Blessed Circle in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    <2"/SL/more!
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

BIS-aminopropyl dimethicone and amodimethicone are both amine-funcitonalized 'cones. If you want to find out more about this type of 'cone and how it differs from standard dimethicone, I recommend this article:

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curly-...ized-silicones

written by CurlChemist on naturallycurly.com.

HE and Aussie have been reformulated to use BIS-aminopropyl dimethicone, but Pantene still uses the old formula. I have been waiting for them to change - but no luck so far.

I hope this helps.

Type
    1a/1b/F/i

Hi -

sorry I only just saw your replies! Thanks for that link - so this stuff probably won't build up, but it can't be COed out either - interesting. From experience a month's solid usage of amodimethicone without clarifying or using shampoo (using twice a day) could be removed for me completely with a very weak baking soda/conditioner solution, so I guess the bis cone would be the same. Seeing as the build-up is the problem for a lot of cone-users, this explains why I would have particular luck with this cone.

Loops

Length
    18/24/28
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Very helpful and interesting article tomm. Thanks.