Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Mositure help!!!

Length
    20/25/38,WL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Default Re: Mositure help!!!

Quote Originally Posted by UltraBella View Post
    I own two salons, and I prefer the deep treatments I do at home. An SMT is better than a salon treatment full of cones any day.
    I am always nervous to use any at-home treatment. Any starter sugestions or encouragment? what is the exact recipe version you use of the SMT treatment?

Length
    27 in/27 in/34 in

If you have too much build up from using too many products, I would use a clarifying shampoo to get rid of all of it. It usually helps with dryness too, but if you use it too much it can dry out your hair even more, so use it every once in a while with a deep conditioner afterwards.

Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenwind View Post
    If you have too much build up from using too many products, I would use a clarifying shampoo to get rid of all of it. It usually helps with dryness too, but if you use it too much it can dry out your hair even more, so use it every once in a while with a deep conditioner afterwards.
    This for the beginning.

And then... I recently discovered myself that there is a huge difference between moisturising and repairing products and I have no idea why producers always connect those two. "For dry and damaged hair", blah, blah, blah. the truth is that a purely repairing mask (yes, I know that it's not possible to repair damaged hair. It;s not about repairing, it's about the overall effect, whatever is is) works COMPLETELY different that moisturising mask, or whatever product. In my region (Poland ) we have 90% of repairing stuff and only 10% of purely moisturising.
    So. The core of my message: try to find a product that is moisturising. If you are sure that lack of moisture is the case, of course. I recommend Gliss Kur Shea Cashmere, and, above all, Herbal Essences Hello Hydration. The latter one is one of those "love me or hate me" products, I guess. Some people don't like it, for others it's a miracle product.
    Plus, keep the mask on your hair as long as you can, under a towel or whatever can give you heat. Any product won't work in a minute or even five minutes, so ignore producers in this part of instructions

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by UltraBella View Post
    I own two salons, and I prefer the deep treatments I do at home. An SMT is better than a salon treatment full of cones any day.
    Funny - I prefer the salon treatment. It makes my hair shiny and smooth like glass. You can practically see your reflection in my hair after one of those.

Cones are very, very good to me.

Type
    3c/F/ii

@ultrabella what is SMT?