Page 8 of 83 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: Nationality and Hair Type?

Length
    17.7/BSL/34
    Type
    3a/3b/F/ii

Default Re: Nationality and Hair Type?

I am living in Norway but I come from Greece. I have the greek curls (I am 3a/3B) but my hair is fine, something that is not very typical greek. I have also quite more fair skin color than the average in Greece. I was medium/dark blonde as a child and I have ended up medium/light brown. (I am 28 now). I dyed my hair a few days ago using henna/cassia so I have copper color in my hair now. My father has light brown hair which is very fine and thin and he also has green eyes. My mother has dark brown 1b, medium , thick hair and amber eyes. I think I got the curls from my grandmother (father's side). She had 2c/3a, medium, thick black hair. As for my eye color, I have something in between of that of my parents .

Length
    24"/30"/30"
    Type
    3a/F/ii/iii

I'm an American blend of French, German, and Irish. Our family is from Louisiana from as far back as I know.

My mom is brunette / brown eyes with fine, thin, straight hair. She wears it short with lots of hairspray and colors the gray she started getting in her 30s.

My dad is brunette / brown eyes with medium, thick, wavy hair that he wears short (and I still hold that if he grew it out he'd have curls) He just turned 60 and he still has all of his hair and it's only just begun to silver about 10 years ago.

My brother has blue eyes like me, and he has gorgeous red spirals - probably 3B. He's somewhere between APL and mid back and prefers to wear it pulled back in a ponytail.

I had a redheaded grandma on my mother's side, so that might explain our color, but I'm sure we got our texture from dad.

Length
    18/20.5/30
    Type
    2b/2c/F/i

I consider myself Irish. Both my gramps are Irish.

My mom's dad has/had flaming red hair and blue eyes. Only one of my aunts was lucky to get the red hair. Her mom, I think she told me she was Russian/Polish/Israeli? Dark hair, dark eyes. My mom has dark straight hair and dark brown eyes also.

My dad's mom, I think I remember him telling me she was a bit French, Dutch, Irish? My dad has light brown hair and blue eyes. I am extremely annoyed that I didn't get the blue eyes also.

I have fine, wurly, mousy medium ash brown hair. My hair starts out straight at the top then waves/curls towards the bottom. Except around my hairline, where I have ACTUAL curls that are the bane of my existence and make me appear to have horns when I pull my hair back.

I'm Hungarian, and my hair is 2a, quite thick (lots of hair) but fine. It has a very long, loose "S" wave pattern, so in humidity it can get wavy. If I don't brush it after washing, it looks more like a 2b or 2c.

The colour is auburn brown but easily becomes golden from sunlight. It has a slight undertone that is coppery, especially in sunlight. Usually my hair gets almost blonde at the ends during summer, and gradually is darker towards the roots.
    I don't know where I got my light auburn colour from, since most of my family members have darker brown hair. Some of my cousins have blonde hair, though.

My family members all have brown hair but it tends to be a bit darker than mine, and wavier. In fact, my brother's hair is 3a/b, VERY curly, and thick.

My skin is fair, sensitive, but I can tan if I wear sunscreen . :P And I have light green eyes.
    Last edited by PiroskaCicu; April 22nd, 2010 at 11:09 AM.

Account Closed by Member Request

Quote Originally Posted by little_cherry View Post
    I'm of Croatian heritage and have noticed lots of Slavic men and women have the same hair type- particularly courser hairs around the hair line and widows' peak, thick and lots of volume. Also, the colour tends to be in the ashy category, be it blonde or brunette.
    ...I got a little sad now. I'm Croatian and I fit this to an absolute T.
    Mousy brown natural hair, widow's peak, coarse hairline hair, thick and volume. Also many Croatians have relatively similar hair waves, ranging from 1b/c to 2a. (My father, the jet black coarse 3b being the exception)

Mad SCIENTIST!
    Length
    1/26.5/35
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Katurday View Post
    Mousy brown natural hair, widow's peak, coarse hairline hair, thick and volume. Also many Croatians have relatively similar hair waves, ranging from 1b/c to 2a. (My father, the jet black coarse 3b being the exception)

Here's the funny thing: I know as many dark, 2c-3b Croats as fair, 1b-2a's. I don't know much about Croatia; are there two distinct ethnic groups in the country, perchance?

Length
    3 in/24 in/35 in
    Type
    3c/4a/F/M/ii/iii

I'm West Indian American. Both parents from Barbados, with a little Caucasian on my fathers side ,& Native American on my mothers side. I have fine to medium 3C hair. My hair easily curls with water or gel, and when I brush my hair back it waves all over. Hair color wise is off black with brownish red patch right in the middle of my head.

My Father has Black 4A hair, My uncle has Ashy Brown 3B hair. My mother has Black Thick 4B hair,that is somewhat straight, and curly at the same time. She has always wore her hair shoulder length. My sister has the same hair texture as my mother, but not thickness. Plus her hair color is off black. My brother has the same hair type as my father and the same hair color.

I've been told my Grandmother on my fathers side had red hair (might explain that patch in the middle of my head) My Grandmother on my mothers side had a long thick Jet Black braid down to her butt. I really hope my hair gets that long

Length
    TWA/-APL/WL
    Type
    4a/4b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Seanymph View Post
    I'm West Indian American. Both parents from Barbados, with a little Caucasian on my fathers side ,& Native American on my mothers side. I have fine to medium 3C hair. My hair easily curls with water or gel, and when I brush my hair back it waves all over. Hair color wise is off black with brownish red patch right in the middle of my head.

My Father has Black 4A hair, My uncle has Ashy Brown 3B hair. My mother has Black Thick 4B hair,that is somewhat straight, and curly at the same time. She has always wore her hair shoulder length. My sister has the same hair texture as my mother, but not thickness. Plus her hair color is off black. My brother has the same hair type as my father and the same hair color.

I've been told my Grandmother on my fathers side had red hair (might explain that patch in the middle of my head) My Grandmother on my mothers side had a long thick Jet Black braid down to her butt. I really hope my hair gets that long
    It's so funny, when I was younger (and cutting, dyeing, & frying my hair with abandon) I'd just think "mmmmkay" about my paternal grandmother's semi-famous (well locally..lol) hair. I just chalked it up to my father's hair worship( He'd joke that my mom lured him in w/long hair then chopped it just before the wedding..like a 'bait and switch' trick).

Now that I'm actually trying to grow it, I'm hoping like crazy for some sort of genetic inheritance for length. I don't know tho'. ...My texture is just so different. OTOH there are ladies online with similar textures who are at or past my goal length.

Also, I wish I'd inherited the jet-black hair instead of off-black/soft-black. I think that's one reason that I was so into haircolor ( which i'm intuiting is pretty much a no-no for my hair profile to retain length) for so long.
    v Hair Pix v

Random Thought Provoker nicolezoie's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/floor/Dunno
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Neddy View Post
    I am mostly Greek, with a smidge of Scottish thrown in, with dark blonde 3a hair. I have pretty standard thick, curly Greek hair, but much lighter in color than any of my relatives. They have true brown hair in a variety of darknesses, but my hair is a dark dark golden blonde. I'm guessing that the color comes from more of the Scottish side.
    There are fair-haired Greeks in my family line that settled in the New England area; they came from a particular area in Greece near Sparta that somehow never got defeated by the invading darker haired Turks... anyhow..

My dad (full blooded Greek) has very wavy (2c) and very thick dark dark brown hair that, at almost 68, he has to have thinned at the barber shop so it lays right. His father (whom he is the spitting image) had dark brown hair, who when he died was STILL more pepper than salt, and his mother had strawberry blond hair that I think might have had some wave. My mother, who was half Greek, half Irish/English/Scotts, had brownish-reddish hair that was on the fine and wavy side, and on the thin side. They used to say she was a blond as a child though. Her mother, who was where the Irish/English/Scotts came from, had flaming red hair in pictures (we never met her), and her father had very curly dark brown hair in pictures (we also never met him). I have mid-brown, fine-medium in texture, 2a/b in wavyness, and iii in thickness. My sister is blond, natural, and has identical hair type as mine.

But yeah, point is: Most of my immediate family are Mostly Greek, have thick, wavy hair that is on the finer side of medium in texture.
    2a/b, iii (just over 4") and f/m.
    Pixie to ... is it floor now?? I guess so! 20 total years.
    Seen "Tangled"? That's my hair. . I'm even in the Special Thanks section of the credits!

Account Closed by Member Request

Quote Originally Posted by Katurday View Post
    My father has similar hair to your fathers'. My father's hair is incredibly thick and has a tendency to be oily. I don't know mama's hair colour or type- she went gray at 15 and got partially scalped when she was a child and was malnourished- this affected her hair colour and thickness.

I agree about the waves. It seems like the longer my hair gets, the wavier it is. I hide my widows peak with a side parting. The coarsies are a bit of a pain to deal with sometimes, but argan oil does a lovely job on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Flynn View Post
    Here's the funny thing: I know as many dark, 2c-3b Croats as fair, 1b-2a's. I don't know much about Croatia; are there two distinct ethnic groups in the country, perchance?
    That's a good observation. Perhaps it depends where you live? (Coastal/inland?) My parents were from Velemeric.
    Last edited by little_cherry; April 22nd, 2010 at 10:32 PM.