Page 479 of 529 FirstFirst ... 379429469477478479480481489 ... LastLast
Results 4,781 to 4,790 of 5285

Thread: Honey thread - from TBB and bits from old LHC

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

Default Re: Honey thread - from TBB and bits from old LHC

Drip and doing roots tips can be found here, http://www.longhaircommunity.com/for...postcount=4757

I'm going to try this today. I have to shampoo the hair after the treatment, yes? Just making sure.

Length
    29/35/45
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Oh, I'm so excited!!!!

I haven't really ever had the urge to lighten my hair, but it's very dark, and I think if I lightened it first, then I could get a nice deep red from henna (which I've done on occasion, but since my hair is so dark, I'm not really getting the auburn shade I want).

I'm going to try this!

One question: Should this be done on clean hair, or is it ok to do this if you need a shampoo?
    "For we are what we believe ourselves to be. And if we allow others to define us, we have no power; we have no happiness."
    Waist~ Hip~ BCL~ Tailbone~Classic

This may help.

"The hair should be freshly washed or rinsed first, if there is aloe gel on the hair (aloe gel contains Vitamin C), a Vitamin C containing leave-in treatment, heavy conditioner, a large amount of oil (a large amount of some types of oil will act as a barrier to the water), or styling products on the hair. If not, a honey lightening treatment can also be applied to wet or dry, unwashed hair."

From #10, here, http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...postcount=1096, in the first post of this thread. The hair may benefit from clarifying first. It depends on how much of what is on the hair.

Length
    29/35/45
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Thank you. I have oily hair, so I'll just shampoo it first. I don't put any product on my hair, ever, unless you count ACV or EVOO, so no problems there.
    "For we are what we believe ourselves to be. And if we allow others to define us, we have no power; we have no happiness."
    Waist~ Hip~ BCL~ Tailbone~Classic

Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Oohhh!!! This might be my 'salvation' after just having posted about my dilemma with my first henna/indigo experience (darker streaks in the top layer..)!
    I'll still have to wait and see how it end up over the next 3 days but afterwards I now know how to (hopefully) be able to 'fix' any unwanted darkness!
    Thank you for your wonderful thread, ktani!
    ~ Pixie-Chin-SL-APL-BSL-WL ~
    "Change what you can. Accept what you can't.
    Live peacefully with all that's left."

Length
    6/HL+/CL
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii/iii

I mixed honey with cassia, sage and jasmine tea and a little cinnamon yesterday. I have hennaed hair. I don't see much difference today, but I am trying again right now.
    I'm trying to get my hair more brassy/bright and less dark red.
    Although my hair díd get very soft and moisturized So if it does not brighten my hair, at least I will have tried a very lovely hairmask!

Length
    3/8"/waist/???
    Type
    2b/F/ii

I did a honey and cinnamon today, but I can't really tell if it did anything. I didn't have distilled water, and was too impatient to go buy some. So well water, honey, and cinnamon, on hair that had jojoba oil on it last night and some leave-in conditioner from yesterday. I'll clarify and try again tomorrow after a stop at the store. I have to say I'm LOVING the cinnamon smell of my hair right now though!

Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Stub View Post
    I did a honey and cinnamon today, but I can't really tell if it did anything. I didn't have distilled water, and was too impatient to go buy some. So well water, honey, and cinnamon, on hair that had jojoba oil on it last night and some leave-in conditioner from yesterday. I'll clarify and try again tomorrow after a stop at the store. I have to say I'm LOVING the cinnamon smell of my hair right now though!
    I loved the smell as well! I wish, my henndigo would have smelled like this!
    ~ Pixie-Chin-SL-APL-BSL-WL ~
    "Change what you can. Accept what you can't.
    Live peacefully with all that's left."

From the first Honey thread.

Viviane on honey as a leave-in
    "Besides, if you dampen your hair out a bit and then add a pearl size amount of honey to your palms, rub vigorously and then slide your palms to hair and comb, it´s not sticky at all. It just keeps it all in place. Sticky happens with too much of the good stuff."
    http://archive.longhaircommunity.com...postcount=1102