Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm going to cut my hair

Length
    chin/APL/MBL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Default I'm going to cut my hair

Well, long story short, I'm going to cut my hair into a pixie tomorrow. I almost did it two years ago, but then I found LHC and kept growing. Here I've learned so much about haircare, products, and I really love the community. Thanks to all of you who have adviced me when I had questions. I hope you don't mind if I'll stick around, I really like it here.

Truth is, I would really love to have long hair, but my hair has been shedding alot for more than 2 years now. I've been to the doctor, had a blood test, thyroid checked, been taking vitamins and supplements, eating healthy, using a special shampoo to fight the shed, but nothing helped.The doctor said that stress is causing it. I'm a pretty sensitive person, and I still have 4 difficult years of college ahead of me. My lenght is so thin, my ends are probably not even one inch in circumference. My hair only looks good on wash days, I can't wear updos, because my buns are tiny, my braids are thin, and the overall look of it is not making me happy. So I'm tired of taking care of something that is not going to get any better. I admire all of you who have long beautiful hair, but it's not going to happen for me, at least not now. I'm planning on cutting it tomorrow. IF my shedding ever stops, I'll grow it out again, and I'll be haunting LHC till then. I would also like to try henna on my short hair. So thanks again for everything, and for reading this, I'll probably be back with questions.

BTW, I used to have a pixie and loved it, so it's going to be fine.

I'd rather be outside browneyedsusan's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/TBL/???
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Default Re: I'm going to cut my hair

Have fun with it!

I loved my pixie too! It's grown out in my siggy, I wore it super short. Feel free to come to the "super-shorty" thread!

One of the things I loved about my pixie was that I could color and bleach the dickens out of it. If you henna, you'll have to grow it out before you can lighten it--henna is super hard to lift. But with a pixie, you'll have a "new" head of hair in 4 months, so henna isn't nearly as "permanent" as it is for the long-hairs!

Have fun, and share your pictures!

henna keeps it
    red, and red makes me happy.
    Pixied for 15+ years and liked it.
    Growing for fun.

Length
    chin/APL/MBL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

browneyedsusan I'm torn between long hair and short. I loved my pixie, and still like the look on others, but I also like my curls. I find that one moment I'm quite determined, the other I already miss my long hair. But short hair is very easy to wash and wear, and I'd like to have some fun with my hair while I still have the time for it. Worrying about the lenght getting thinner and thinner is not much fun

Length
    23 in/29 in/34 in
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Oh wow you are doing what I secretly wish I could do. Unfortunately I don't have the face for it but it's something I would love to do one day. Enjoy it!

Length
    12/29.5/31
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Sounds like the right decision for you at this moment in time, good luck!
    Avatar picture taken on the 1st May 2012, length=17".

Length
    1.5"s/15"/38"s

Well as you have already had a pixie you are not going to have any major shocks and hours spent in the bathroom crying! (hopefully)
    I am growing out a pixie and I did not like mine at all..... I just don't feel feminine without my hair - but that is my problem and each to their own. I wish I had the face for a pixie but I don't have the fine features of Natalie Portman or Michelle Williams. I need my hair to look pretty!

But a good pixie kicks butt and looks amazing!

Length
    chin/APL/MBL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

julliams Your hair looks beautiful in your avatar, I'd love to have hair that thick, and I wouldn't cut it no matter how much work it needed.

I just washed it. Usually I deep condition it for an hour before every wash, then air dry it for another 2 hours. It's way too much work, but my curls are not happy unless I do it. I just did a simple S/C, towel dried and will let it to air dry without anything on it.

Oh the LHC has done it's magic again. I was sure I wanted to cut when I posted 2 hours ago. Now I'm thinking about giving my hair another chance. I just don't know what to do, I'd like to go both ways at the same time. I'm sure others have felt this way before me.

Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

I'm a bit envious. I have a long face and a pixie would not work for me, I would do it otherwise!
    What you find irresistable is what you choose not to resist.

Length
    pixie/TBL/???
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by MissAlida View Post
    browneyedsusan I'm torn between long hair and short. I loved my pixie, and still like the look on others, but I also like my curls. I find that one moment I'm quite determined, the other I already miss my long hair. But short hair is very easy to wash and wear, and I'd like to have some fun with my hair while I still have the time for it. Worrying about the lenght getting thinner and thinner is not much fun
    Geez! You're still young! You've got all sorts of time to grow it back out. When you finish school, and get settled down with some work, your hair will probably thicken up and you can grow it then. Just relax and enjoy the ride! Your whole life is ahead of you. I'm about to utter some blasphemous words for this forum: it is only hair. No matter what you do, it will grow back. (Unless you're in chemotherapy or something like that; and then you've got bigger problems than losing your hair...)

henna keeps it
    Growing for fun.

Length
    pixie/TBL/???
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by MissAlida View Post
    julliams Your hair looks beautiful in your avatar, I'd love to have hair that thick, and I wouldn't cut it no matter how much work it needed.

I just washed it. Usually I deep condition it for an hour before every wash, then air dry it for another 2 hours. It's way too much work, but my curls are not happy unless I do it. I just did a simple S/C, towel dried and will let it to air dry without anything on it.

Oh the LHC has done it's magic again. I was sure I wanted to cut when I posted 2 hours ago. Now I'm thinking about giving my hair another chance. I just don't know what to do, I'd like to go both ways at the same time. I'm sure others have felt this way before me.
    Just cool your heels and wait. Give it a few weeks and think about it and pray about it, if you pray. The right answer will drop into your lap.

ETA: I love the wording of your OP: "cut" instead of "chop" or "chop off". Very well-put.
    Last edited by browneyedsusan; August 27th, 2012 at 07:19 AM. Reason: added text

henna keeps it
    Growing for fun.