Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Beyond ankle - too long?

Length
    Ear/37/TB/TBL
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Default Beyond ankle - too long?

I want to hear some alternative opinions about this.
    When I see women on the internet with hair that touches the floor I actually really dislike it.

http://cl.jroo.me/z3/D/t/F/d/a.aaa-R...-and-her-s.jpg
    I personally just don't see the point in having the extra length when it just trails on the floor and turns thin.

I don't know if I'm the only person who thinks this or if I'm just being narrow minded.
    If you keep it up all the time then that seems fair but I just don't see the point if you intend to wear it down. I think I might warm to it more if I saw examples in better condition.

How do you feel about floor length hair? Is it beautiful or just ridiculous?
    Last edited by Gumball; August 21st, 2012 at 08:17 AM. Reason: Changed image to link. See http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=35939 for details.

Lady Inimeitiel, Daughter of the English Rose 🥀

Length
    BSL/BSL/CL
    Type
    1b/F/M/iii

Default Re: Beyond ankle - too long?

Well, I agree that it's probably far too long to wear loose. But if you keep it up and take extra good care of it, why not?

Type
    1c/2a/F/i/ii

I think it's horrible personally...

Length
    Ear/37/TB/TBL
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I just can't bear to see it trailing on the floor, imagining it snagging on rocks and breaking and oooh it makes me shudder

Length
    25/27/30
    Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

It would have to be kept up pretty much permanently, surely?

Your one on the far right is insane! Does it really touch the floor and then go back up half her body length? Or am I seeing things?

Easily Enabled
    Length
    24"/~40"/~40"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

I think it's their hair, and not my business.

Length
    Ear/37/TB/TBL
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by loveisdivine View Post
    Your one on the far right is insane! Does it really touch the floor and then go back up half her body length? Or am I seeing things?
    It really does...

Length
    BSL/26.5"/HIP
    Type
    2c/F/ii

I wouldn't want hair longer than classic length for myself, but it's amazing how thick and healthy the hair is at knee-length or so in that picture. I admire what those women have achieved, even though I wonder about the practicality of it.

Type
    1b/1c/C/iii

Considering I want to grow my hair to the floor and beyond I don't think it's too long by any means. Of course, I would not want to have my hair down dragging and picking up everything on the ground. I think part of the fun is finding intricate hairstyles that can only be done with extremely long hair. Even at hip I prefer not to wear my hair down much anyhow, personal preference. I don't think its bad to always have long hair up in nice styles. Then again I've been quite influenced by historical fantasy Chinese and Japanese films where they have extremely long in in these gorgeous hairstyles. I guess anime has also been an influence.

Spatially Disoriented Charybdis's Avatar
    Length
    chin/tbl/clsc
    Type
    2b/M/iii

This tends to be a sensitive topic on a board devoted to long hair. These sorts of threads appear periodically, and often end badly. Not saying you were trying to be offensive in any way; I just mention it because you may get some strongly worded responses.

Most people who have hair past knee usually wear their hair up, so you wouldn't even know the length of it unless they took it down, like for a photo shoot. Some people let their hair grow without cutting for religious reasons, some like the look of long hair and think it gets more beautiful the longer it is, and some just decided to grow their hair to its terminal length (only to discover by accident that their terminal length is much longer than average).

Personally, I don't think that it's appropriate for me to pass judgment on the length that other people choose for their own hair. If I think someone's hair is beautiful, I'll compliment them on it if it seems appropriate to the situation. If they have a hair length or style that I don't think is flattering or that I wouldn't choose for myself, I keep my mouth shut unless I'm asked sincerely for an honest opinion, because other people's hair isn't my business. Know what I mean?

I wouldn't grow my own hair floor-length (assuming I could) because it would drive me nuts. I'm clumsy and I have a scalp that needs shampooing at least twice a week, so I'd probably rip half my hair out by stepping on it and have dry ends to boot. But if other people can handle that amount of hair and find those lengths enjoyable, good for them!