Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Waist Length By 2014!

Length
    short/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Default Re: Waist Length By 2014!

Can anyone give me some pointers about what kind of light conditions I should create to get my camera to show the difference between new growth and dyed parts? My hair doesn't really look colored in real life because it seems that the fading is gradual and natural (sun bleached look) but up until now I always managed to capture the difference on camera. Even last week when I photographed my bun. I have no idea what I am doing wrong today and yesterday and I don't remeber the light conditons from last week.

I amar prestar aen, han mathon ne nen, han mathon ne chae a han noston ned 'wilith. Looking for Large Aqua Border and Large Multistripe Blue and Silver Ficcare Maximas.

Length
    SL+/apl/bsl
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii

I think natural light (also outside maybe) would be the best. My compact camera just makes my hair all red, if I need to use flash. And it is not red.

Length
    Buzz/Calf/Class

Quote Originally Posted by juliaxena View Post
    Can anyone give me some pointers about what kind of light conditions I should create to get my camera to show the difference between new growth and dyed parts? My hair doesn't really look colored in real life because it seems that the fading is gradual and natural (sun bleached look) but up until now I always managed to capture the difference on camera. Even last week when I photographed my bun. I have no idea what I am doing wrong today and yesterday and I don't remeber the light conditons from last week.
    I agree as well with the whole "natural light" element for taking hair photos. This may sound odd, but whenever I do a hair toy action shot, I open the blinds of my bathroom window just to take self pictures with my iphone. I think with natural light you can get natural shine that will look good, even in a smart phone camera. If you mix the bathroom light with natural light, it also makes a dramatic effect. Play around with the lighting around you and maybe you'll find a setting that will make you happy. I hope that helps.

Length
    short/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Thanks guys, I posted some in giving up dye thread. Hmmm.

I amar prestar aen, han mathon ne nen, han mathon ne chae a han noston ned 'wilith. Looking for Large Aqua Border and Large Multistripe Blue and Silver Ficcare Maximas.

Can I jump in here? About 15 years ago I had hair I could just sit on. I don't think I want that again but I love the way a friend's waist length hair looks so that's my current goal. I haven't measured but it looks about mid -back already. By feel I think I only have about 4-5 inches to go for my longest layer. I haven't had a trim in 10 months, so think i'll continue to just let it grow until it hits waist then start trimming to get rid of layers.

Great idea, good luck everyone!

Length
    baby/15/30
    Type
    3c/F/iii

I said I was jut going to wear my hair up five months, but I've decided to go the whole eighteen months. Maybe I can achieve full length retention, which at times seems impossible with my super-fine strands.
    Dry and Curly: CHIN +, SHOULDERS, APL, BSL, MBL, WAIST

Straight: SHOULDERS, UBL, APL +, BSL, MBL, WAIST, LBL, TBL, CLASSIC

Length
    13/28.5/33
    Type
    1b/M/iii

I just plugged my last 3 measurements into the hair growth calculator worksheet and it says that I'll reach waist in January 2014. I don't think I have enough data in there for it to be all that accurate, but I feel good knowing that the computer thinks I will make it

Keep your mind set and your hair long;
    Keep your head up and your heart strong.

Length
    14/14/...?
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii/iii

I'm in!! My goal is waist by New Years (at the beginning of) 2014.

For waist I need about 31 inches. But I measure length (inches) when my hair is wet and straightened out, and mark landmarks when my hair i dry and poofy... if that makes any sense. Anyways, I'm gonna add another 3 inches for the poof and say I need 34 inches for a good solid waist with dry hair. That means about 9.5 inches, if I don't trim... well, I don't actually know how fast my hair grows, so let's hope I can make it.

9.5 inches in 16 months. Hmm. Grow!!
    Last edited by Pearly~91; August 30th, 2012 at 03:46 PM. Reason: yeah, when I posted, I counted my months wrong...
    Grew to knee and chopped to a pixie June 2020
    Started growing again May 2021

Length
    Buzz/Calf/Class

Quote Originally Posted by Pearly~91 View Post
    I'm in!! My goal is waist by New Years (at the beginning of) 2014.

For waist I need about 31 inches. But I measure length (inches) when my hair is wet and straightened out, and mark landmarks when my hair i dry and poofy... if that makes any sense. Anyways, I'm gonna add another 3 inches for the poof and say I need 34 inches for a good solid waist with dry hair. That means about 9.5 inches, if I don't trim... well, I don't actually know how fast my hair grows, so let's hope I can make it.

9.5 inches in 15 months. Hmm. Grow!!
    Good for you for wanting dry length. I'm too impatient and i'll call it waist when my hair is stretched wet. I'll do an offical blunt cut chop past classic length since I always bun my hair and never get splits. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by domisimone View Post
    I said I was jut going to wear my hair up five months, but I've decided to go the whole eighteen months. Maybe I can achieve full length retention, which at times seems impossible with my super-fine strands.
    I'm impressed! I don't think I could wear it up daily for that long. But then I like having my hair down as long as it's feeling cooperative that day. I think I do hair up about 1/2 the time.

What kind of updo's are you using? I finally manged to sort out dutch braids & rope braids those are my current favorites. For buns, i've only managed to consistently do the lazy wrap & cinamon buns. I did recently get a few ketylo hairsticks & those hold much better for me.