Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Every 7 years!?!

Length
    CL/29.5/30
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii/iii

Default Every 7 years!?!

Hi, not sure if this is true, but I have heard hair or texture can change every 7 years. Also, taste buds. Their may have been a food that you liked or didn't like, and then 7 years later, changes. It's happened to me food wise, but hair not soo much. Although I was told by a beautician of ours when I was little that my hair was changing? That was before my hair got wavy. All I had to do was scrunch it a bit, and it would curl a bit.

Type
    2b/F/ii/iii

Default Re: Every 7 years!?!

Hair type can change throughout one's life due to different hormones, I believe. People often experience texture changes during their childhood and teens especially. About taste buds, I"m pretty sure that's not true. I'm just remembering from high school Anatomy class, but I think taste buds have a much shorter life span, and a dislike for certain foods is determined by the brain rather than the buds.

My father always says that every call in the body is replaced by seven years time, but I don't know if that's true. I think it's just a popular myth, I can't find any scientific resources for any of these claims.
    Last edited by Kyla; August 14th, 2012 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Misspelling

Length
    BSL/BSL/CL
    Type
    1b/F/M/iii

Not exactly every seven years. But hair texture can change throughout your life. When I was a toddler, I had ringlets. But ever since then my hair has had very little if any wave.

My mother's hair was pin-straight and blonde until she had me. Now it's chocolate brown and wavy. Hormones are weird things, yaknow?

Length
    na/na/na
    Type
    1a/F/i

Well my hair sucks right now-so maybe!

Length
    18?/24/27
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Yes I am just praying to whatever that when my hair changes, its for the GOOD hahah.
    My mom sounds like she used to have hair EXACTLY like mine, and would complain about the same things I do, but now her hair is really thick and strong and grows sooo long if she lets it
    Taking an LHC break.

Length
    WL/TBL+/TBL++
    Type
    3c/M/iii

The hair texture has to do with how we treat it as well. I know I have "curly hair" DNA but have not been curly all my life. When my mother handled it, she treated it as she does with her straight/wavy hair and that killed the curl until i took charge of it and discovered the curly method. Now that it has grown beyond TBL and i want it tangle free, it looks less curly due to more combing and more henna, so....

How can I control my life when I can't control my hair?

Length
    SL+/apl/bsl
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii

I don't think that is true. My hair type changed due to hormonal changes. As a child I had straight fine hair, when puberty started I got coarse curly hair, and after puberty it got wavy. It looked wavier and frizzier when I dyed it and used heat, though.

Length
    CL/29.5/30
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii/iii

Ok Ty. Just always wondered about it. If my hair does change, wonder if it'll be less thick. I've got thick hair, that can be a pain sometimes. Never tried a thin-out. Probably won't do it. Scared of how my hair will handle it. Chicken I guess. Lol anyway thanks again for info. Maybe environment, plays a roll, and genetics as well.

I'd say, like other here, that hair changes curing lifetime, and probably due to hormonal changes. My hair also changed when I hit puberty (it used to be 1a) and my mom said her hair got straighter when she got pregnant.

Type
    2b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by MissPetite2010 View Post
    Ok Ty. Just always wondered about it. If my hair does change, wonder if it'll be less thick. I've got thick hair, that can be a pain sometimes. Never tried a thin-out. Probably won't do it. Scared of how my hair will handle it. Chicken I guess. Lol anyway thanks again for info. Maybe environment, plays a roll, and genetics as well.
    About your thick hair, sheds often happen at certain points in your life (disease, pregnancy, menopause, etc.). They are definitely not guaranteed to happen, but it's possible that your hair could thin out a bit as time goes on.