View Poll Results: Do you dye/bleach your hair?

Voters
221. You may not vote on this poll
  • I dye it.

51 23.08%
  • I bleach it.

15 6.79%
  • Both.

26 11.76%
  • Neither.

129 58.37%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you dye/bleach your hair?

Type
    1b/M/ii

Default Re: Do you dye/bleach your hair?

I've been dying mine black almost for as long as I can remember, and there's no way I'm giving it up. Unfortunately the dye I use contains peroxide, so from now on I'll be experimenting with coconut oil as a pretreatment/leave-in before I dye it.
    Anybody have any experience with this? I think my biggest concern is wasting a whole box of dye because it refused to stick, or something like that.

Length
    10 in/20 in/30 in
    Type
    2b/M/i/ii

I dont dye anymore but used to quite frequently. I dont really care either way for somebody else but for me it's just easier/less expensive not to and I'm enjoying that lack of effort before I go so gray I might change my mind.

My natural color is also a plain medium/dark brown but find it more flattering to me than the other colors were, although I enjoyed them too.

Length
    2/29/30
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

I used to do both quite massively. Now I do neither because I had to chose between length or colour - my hair is too fine and fragile to grow long when bleached. But I still looove the look of (healthy) bleached hair - there are quite a few members here that have amazing blonde bleached hair.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter.
    Try again. Fail again. Fail better. (S. Beckett)

Length
    12"/24.5"/31"
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

I used to do both every two weeks, now I just dye it red, I despise my natural hair colour haha
    "Remember the light and believe the light ... don't let me forget"

Length
    na/na/na
    Type
    1a/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by justgreen View Post
    I'm a long time bleacher using 30vol/40vol, depending on what the hairdresser has on hand. If she uses 40vol, it takes about 10 minutes off my processing time. I don't use coconut oil. As my hairdresser does each foil, she brushes conditioner on the length, then lightly brushes bleach on the roots. I'm about 1.5" from classic if my butt weren't in the way.
    Hi Justgreen! Im fairly new to LHC, I joined in March. But I already know that you have fantastic, beautiful, and healthy hair even though you use bleach. I have seen it mentioned on the boards that you talk extensively about your hair care. Is there a link? I only have bleach highlights that I am actually growing out as I want to go back to my natural hair color-ash. But I would love to read up on how you keep your hair healthy. I know everyones hair is different with different needs but how can I not learn something right?

To the op-Please forgive my hi-jack!

Type
    1a/F/M/ii

I plan to bleach (and/or highlight) and tone it, with coconut oil pre-treatment.

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

I have never bleached my hair but did dye it solidly from the age of 21 until around 6 weeks ago (now am 47) when I decided I was tired of reaching for the dye and thought I would see what my natural colour is. Well, it appears to be silver and it seems to me to suit my skin colour much better than the harsher brown I previously had.
    So here goes - happily growing out dye to regain virgin hair!
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Length
    27/42+/ftip
    Type
    1b/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by spookyghost View Post
    Hi Justgreen! Im fairly new to LHC, I joined in March. But I already know that you have fantastic, beautiful, and healthy hair even though you use bleach. I have seen it mentioned on the boards that you talk extensively about your hair care. Is there a link? I only have bleach highlights that I am actually growing out as I want to go back to my natural hair color-ash. But I would love to read up on how you keep your hair healthy. I know everyones hair is different with different needs but how can I not learn something right?

To the op-Please forgive my hi-jack!
    Thank you for the lovely compliments. I don't have one specific link, but I do hit on my hair care every so often in my blog (link in my siggy). I always try to post if a bleach thread comes up, so you might try those. I love SMT's, using 50/50 conditioner and honey. When I first joined here I was a loyal follower of the CWC method, using cone free products, but now that I know how to safely clarify my hair, I have a few favorite coney products. My latest love is "S" Factor by Tigi.

Hth!
    Callie sez *meep*
    justgreen judiciously journals
    Lady Emeralde Justyce in the Order of the Long Hair Knights

Length
    na/na/na
    Type
    1a/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by justgreen View Post
    Thank you for the lovely compliments. I don't have one specific link, but I do hit on my hair care every so often in my blog (link in my siggy). I always try to post if a bleach thread comes up, so you might try those. I love SMT's, using 50/50 conditioner and honey. When I first joined here I was a loyal follower of the CWC method, using cone free products, but now that I know how to safely clarify my hair, I have a few favorite coney products. My latest love is "S" Factor by Tigi.

Hth!

Thank you so much!

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    16.5/30/36
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

I only dye my hair but I had it bleached once.