Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This is my color.. can i lighten it to this using honey or anything natural?

Wink I'm new here :) wondering about honey for lighter hair?

my hair is dark brown i want it to be very light brown (the lightest it can be) i tried henna it didnt work for me at all! i live in bahrain so what are the best honey to buy? what should i mix it with? cardamom or cinnamon? thankuu very much

Type
    3a/C/ii/iii

Default Re: I'm new here :) wondering about honey for lighter hair?

Hello there, I'm new too. I have tried honey before and henna- I also have brown hair. I would reccomend the following:

chamomile tea: just make a cup of chamomile tea, allow it to cool and rinse your hair with it after you wash it.

lemon juice: use this if you want results fast, but it can be kind of drying

Maybe you should try mixing honey with the lemon juice for something more mild, keep in mind that honey is a humectant- which means it is moisturizing so if you mix it with the lemon it won't be as harsh, but I am not sure if it will be as effective.

Give this a try, and if you still have questions please ask!

Quote Originally Posted by kurlywurlygurl View Post
    Hello there, I'm new too. I have tried honey before and henna- I also have brown hair. I would reccomend the following:

chamomile tea: just make a cup of chamomile tea, allow it to cool and rinse your hair with it after you wash it.

lemon juice: use this if you want results fast, but it can be kind of drying

Maybe you should try mixing honey with the lemon juice for something more mild, keep in mind that honey is a humectant- which means it is moisturizing so if you mix it with the lemon it won't be as harsh, but I am not sure if it will be as effective.

Give this a try, and if you still have questions please ask!

thanku so much luv :-) will using honey a llot for months make my hair light brown? its a very dark brown i want it to be a very light brown

Type
    3a/C/ii/iii

it can make it a light brown, during the warmer months you will see more of a drastic change. i think you should do lemon when its hot, put it in your hair and go outside etc., so the sun can lighten it, and you can use chamomile after you shower if you can't go out in the sun. with repeated use of lightening products you could possibly get the light brown you want. goodluck!

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    pixie/26/term
    Type
    1b/F/ii

you might start out with reading this thread http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...read.php?t=148 it has a huge amount of info about honey lightening, keeping in mind that dark brown to light brown will most likely be many applications, but probably not impossible!

good luck!

Default lightening hair with honey? can i add other ingredients :)?

my hair is very tangled and dry! is it ok to add aloevera gel and 3 kinds of oils and yogurt to the honey and water? or it will not get lighter if i do this? and how can i know it has lots of paroxide? the darker it is the more paroxide it has? or what lol

Length
    18"/hip/class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

Default Re: lightening hair with honey? can i add other ingredients :)?

I think aloe Vera gel depletes the peroxide qualities of the honey as does lemon juice but cinnamon and olive oil too have natural mild peroxide properties which will help with the honey to lighten your hair, be warned it takes quite a few applications to see a difference. For me I was using it to lighten my then hendigos hair and it took 4 months worth to lighten it, on virgin hair your looking a few months minimum before you get obvious lightening from it, of course it depends on your hair colour. I did a honey in conditioner today not to lighten but because I love how honey leave my hair feeling so soft and shiny and I got lightening from just one application but my hair is quite light anyway.
    an 8 year journey, with a 3 year stop at waist. Traveling along to classic. F/M 2a/b iii 31.5" January 2013http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ge=7&p=2371372 a year without trims ....trying!

Default Re: lightening hair with honey? can i add other ingredients :)?

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    I think aloe Vera gel depletes the peroxide qualities of the honey as does lemon juice but cinnamon and olive oil too have natural mild peroxide properties which will help with the honey to lighten your hair, be warned it takes quite a few applications to see a difference. For me I was using it to lighten my then hendigos hair and it took 4 months worth to lighten it, on virgin hair your looking a few months minimum before you get obvious lightening from it, of course it depends on your hair colour. I did a honey in conditioner today not to lighten but because I love how honey leave my hair feeling so soft and shiny and I got lightening from just one application but my hair is quite light anyway.
    does this mean the aloe vera gel stop my hair from getting lighter or make it get lighter better? i tried it today (honey and conditioner for 8 hours and got no results) what honey should i get? i live in bahrain so i dont have the mentioned brands.. should i take light or dark honey?

Smile What can i add to honey to lighten my hair?

Is it ok to add aloe vera or egg or will it stop it \decrease the lightening effect? i want something to nourish it as well instead of just lightening it.. i tried avocado and banana both left chunks and didnt suit my hair

Length
    sl/APL/wl+
    Type
    1a/1b/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: What can i add to honey to lighten my hair?

Olive oil is meant to be good. For more information check out the honey lightening thread.
    Lady Cuilpantiel Of The Raven Tower in the Order of the Longhaired Knights.
    The Few, The Proud, The Vaguely Creepy