Thread: Does anyone use a shower head that filters out chlorine/limescale?

Length
    20/25.5/Waist
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/ii

Default Does anyone use a shower head that filters out chlorine/limescale?

Does anyone use one of those shower head attachments that filters out chlorine/limescale?

I live in London which has very hard water and I am thinking about buying one. No matter what I do my hair is always like straw. I have tried everything mentioned on here and I am wondering whether I need to permanently filter out this crap (and it would probably be cheaper than buying a chelating shampoo) in the long run.

So, can you please let me know whether it has helped or not?

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
    ~ Dr Seuss

Length
    29/39/class
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Default Re: Does anyone use a shower head that filters out chlorine/limescale?

I am a 'water only' and live in Florida with VERY hard water. What works best for me is to rinse my hair in distilled water (a half gallon) that has 1 tablespoon of apple cidar vinegar in it.
    Since starting this routine (last Feb.) my hair has regained it's shine and no longer looks like straw.

Length
    20/25.5/Waist
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Ramille View Post
    I am a 'water only' and live in Florida with VERY hard water. What works best for me is to rinse my hair in distilled water (a half gallon) that has 1 tablespoon of apple cidar vinegar in it.
    Since starting this routine (last Feb.) my hair has regained it's shine and no longer looks like straw.
    Thank you but unfortunately I have already tried this. The first few times it worked really well but it does not seem to work anymore and my hair just feels exactly the same. I believe ACV doesn't actually chelate the hair.

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
    ~ Dr Seuss

Length
    CL/~BSL/BSL+?
    Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

I have one of those fancy shower heads! It's fantastic, it's really changed my hair for the better. It filters out all the chlorine and junk that makes the water hard, and I'm left with super soft water that doesn't lead to any build up.
    Sloooowly growing to BSL+

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Yes I do. We have soft water, so my main concern was chlorine. I thought it might have been drying my hair out, and that was why I have so many splits.

So far, the only difference I experience is that it's nice to not smell that chlorine/swimming pool smell in the shower or bath. I still have lots and lots and lots of splits and dry ends, but maybe it's old damage. We've only had the filter for a matter of months, so my hair has years of possible chlorine damage to overcome (maybe).