View Poll Results: Has your hair changed color since you were a child?

Voters
795. You may not vote on this poll
  • It has gotten darker.

531 66.79%
  • It has gotten lighter.

87 10.94%
  • It hasn't changed at all.

132 16.60%
  • It's the color of cheese!

9 1.13%
  • Other.

36 4.53%
Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: What color was your hair as a child?

Length
    ?/WL/FTL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: What color was your hair as a child?

Dark brown as a child. Dark brown as adult, but now with natural grey peppering in. How boring!

Length
    Chin/APL/TBD
    Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Feral_ View Post
    Dark brown as a child. Dark brown as adult, but now with natural grey peppering in. How boring!
    Not boring at all! Dark brown is beautiful! And I think grey gets a bad rap for no reason, it can look quite nice.

Mine started out blonde and has gone to ash brown. It's fairly dark in the spots that get less sun. It was weird growing up and transitioning from listing your hair color as blonde to dirty blond, to brown? But it's not the same shade of brown as people who always had brown hair?
    I'm happy I finally know what to call it. I personally like the color, and the natural variation that comes from natural hair.

Length
    ?/WL/FTL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Laurab View Post
    Not boring at all! Dark brown is beautiful! And I think grey gets a bad rap for no reason, it can look quite nice.

Mine started out blonde and has gone to ash brown. It's fairly dark in the spots that get less sun. It was weird growing up and transitioning from listing your hair color as blonde to dirty blond, to brown? But it's not the same shade of brown as people who always had brown hair?
    I'm happy I finally know what to call it. I personally like the color, and the natural variation that comes from natural hair.
    It’s good that you’re happy with your hair. I think you’re right, the natural variation that comes with the seasons is nice. Mine is lighter, almost auburn, on the ends compared to my dark roots. I’m looking forward to the grey migrating further down the length too :-)

Length
    Buzz/Pixie/Happy
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Bri-Chan View Post
    It's changed so much 0xalis. I didn't think hair color could change at that age. The single strands also look thicker. Is just the pic?
    You know, I have no idea! I don't have a sample of my old hair anymore, that would have been helpful here. My dog got to it and chewed it up though haha! That's what I got for not storing it better -_-
    I think overall I might have gained some ponytail circumference though! I can't even fit all my hair in a ponytail yet because it's too short but it already measures 2.5'' which is what my entire ponytail used to measure.
    Just trying to get by

Length
    15/50/70
    Type
    2b/M/C/iii

seems like we have almost the same story xD i also had this almost black hair as a child, probably til the age of thirteen. now it's dark brown with red and golden reflexes.

Length
    HL/BCL/IDK
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by 0xalis View Post
    You know, I have no idea! I don't have a sample of my old hair anymore, that would have been helpful here. My dog got to it and chewed it up though haha! That's what I got for not storing it better -_-
    I think overall I might have gained some ponytail circumference though! I can't even fit all my hair in a ponytail yet because it's too short but it already measures 2.5'' which is what my entire ponytail used to measure.
    Oh, I bet on the thicker side of the ii. We'll see

Length
    29/29/42
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Like many of you, mine was a light blond that then turned into a strawberry blond by the time I was 4-5 years old. That slowly turned to a darker blond with red in it depending on the light. Then came the white strands, like a flood of warriors taking over... Odd swift change!

Length
    21/21/32
    Type
    2a/F/i/ii

Mine was white blonde, that got progressively darker into a dark ash blonde in my early teens. Then I discovered hair dye and had no idea how it had changed until a few months ago when I started growing out all the bleach. It's now light ash brown.

Length
    15/18/22
    Type
    1a/F/M/i

When I was born I had a head full of jet black hair, then as a toddler is naturally turned into an almost white blonde which I LOVED (wish it stayed that colour) but after the age of 8 or so - my hair darkened into a mousy brown and then into a medium brunette which it has been ever since (minus the years I spent bleaching it)

Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Medium blond to light brown. Then it became darker as I grew up. Now I´m going grey and the appearance is lighter again.
    Last edited by Idun; May 23rd, 2020 at 04:06 AM.
    :: 1b/F/M/ii :: Classic ::
    Hair goal: Long healthy natural silver hair
    Starting point: Corona pandemic 2020