Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Accessories to hide roots

Length
    SDL/BSL/WLH
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Default Accessories to hide roots

Hi all, question for avid accessory users.

Soooo, I will be facing some severe roots coming up shortly. My natural hair is dark blonde, and right now my hair is platinum WHITE. I am wanting to go more towards a darker, more natural shade. I can't dye the platinum closer to my natural color (I asked 3 hairdressers all said the same thing...to grow out two inches of roots and then come get them highlighted and over time the platinum will just grow out and eventually be cut off.)

So imagine very dark hair and a very striaght horizontal line of white hair. I need ideas on hiding them!! If I can't hide them (I will be working with the public so I can't exactly go into hiding), I will look very unprofessional.

Preferrably, not hats. I was thinking headbands but IDK where to get those really wide ones! Any other ideas?

Length
    APL/MBL/Hip?
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/i/ii

Default Re: Accessories to hide roots

I had a friend who used to do a zig-zag parting when she was between touch ups to hide her roots. I could never get it to look right on me, my hair is too flat for it.
    Passionate about puny ponytails

Length
    waist/44/44
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii

Something like this?
    My routine has changed since starting to use Rogaine regularly to try to regain some thickness. I still cleanse every other day, but I use T/Sal shampoo, followed by my beloved Suave Wild Cherry conditioner. A vinegar rinse and catnip leave in follow.

Length
    SDL/BSL/WLH
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Zigzag parting works pretty good for some roots. However, this will be two FULL inches of very dark against very light hair, so i will have to completely cover my head but trying to avoid hats or berkas, LOL

Raven, that is BEAUTIFUL!! I forgot about Etsy! I love that site. Ok I am going to go search around Etsy thanks for the idea.

Length
    ?/?/CL
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

I have about and inch and a half of roots and I use soft cloth headbands. They come in various widths. Right now I wear a thin one but as my roots grow I will probrably go to a thicker one until I don't feel I need them anymore. I think they look cute! I don't know what you do but I work in a dental office and wear my hair like this or in a french braid with the headband.
    Last edited by Sisgoldenhair65; July 12th, 2012 at 02:49 PM.

Type
    2a/F/M/ii

I wear wide head bands quite often, and have collected a fair few. Anywhere that sells hair accessories will probably have one or two. Claire's often have some too.

Have you thought about using scarves as well? I wrap them around my head, and either tie them at the back, or I incorporate the ends into a braid.

Length
    waist/44/44
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii

I have been favoriting that shop for a while. I need to break down and order something!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunBaby View Post
    Zigzag parting works pretty good for some roots. However, this will be two FULL inches of very dark against very light hair, so i will have to completely cover my head but trying to avoid hats or berkas, LOL

Raven, that is BEAUTIFUL!! I forgot about Etsy! I love that site. Ok I am going to go search around Etsy thanks for the idea.
    My routine has changed since starting to use Rogaine regularly to try to regain some thickness. I still cleanse every other day, but I use T/Sal shampoo, followed by my beloved Suave Wild Cherry conditioner. A vinegar rinse and catnip leave in follow.

Length
    SDL/BSL/WLH
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Sisgoldenhair, I like that look a lot. And very professional too. I will have to go with the thicker ones like the etsy photo that Raven shared. The medium one looks great in ur hair but u have highlights so it blends a lot better than a wall of white hair against dark roots, LOL!!! see that little piece in front u have showing? I don't think that will look OK on me with the contrast I will have

Good idea with the french braid too I like that a lot!

Length
    16 in/16 in/36 in
    Type
    1b/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by ravenreed View Post
    Something like this?
    The scarf is the same colors as your Avatar.
    High Priestess Milkthystle of Glowing Sands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

The magical Forest In David Bowie's Tights
    Length
    TBL/BSL/APL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Head scarfs, headbands!

Lady Amber, High Priestess of Viva Naturalis, in the order of The Long Haired Knights.
    Curly Girl Method!! Longest Length: Bum Length Current: BSL Goal: Shorter