Page 1 of 301 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Chin | Shoulder | Collarbone

Length
    Chin/Neck/Waist
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Default Chin | Shoulder | Collarbone

HEY! I apparently totally imagined a chin/shoulder to APL thread, or maybe just misread the title of the shoulder-to-APL thread. Then imagine my disappointment when I realized there was no chin to shoulder thread. WELL THERE IS ONE NOW.

I just hit chin-length (1.5 years after shaving my head bald, with trims), and I want a thread to post about watching that hemline creep down my neck, and I suspect others do, too!

What updos can you manage, if any? And how do you do them? What is your final goal length? How do you style hair that is not that short, yet still definitely not long?
    Miss my ponytail.
    Undercut~chin~midneck~shoulder~collarbone~APL~BSL~waist

Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Default Re: Growing Chin to Shoulder-length? Post here!

Yay! I belong here too I'm really glad you started this thread as I'm trying hard to enjoy my hair where it is at this moment.

What updos can you manage, if any? And how do you do them?

I'm actually wearing my hair up today--woo! At the very top of my head I loosely pull the hair back and clip it with barrettes (for volume). Then I take sections of the rest of my hair and twist it back and pin it. The curls hide the pins.

I've also done three very (very!) tiny buns at the base of my hairline/top of neck. It's a great 'do for yoga as it keeps my hair out of my face. Hurrah for hair being long enough to be in my face

What is your final goal length?

I don't have one. I figure I'll know it when I'm there!

How do you style hair that is not that short, yet still definitely not long?

I also find headbands to be helpful. I got some flexible ones (the kind that go all the way around) at the dollar store in black and brown.

I wear my hair in half ups or the sides/tops clipped back with barrettes.

Length
    Chin/Neck/Waist
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Woo! I'm just so glad to be out of the awkward-growing-out-a-pixie stage, I haven't thought much about what mid-neck is going to be like...though the back of my hair grows faster than the front and might be getting there pretty soon.

I'm doing low pigtails with fringe today. It's a style I wanted to do something like years ago, and I was disappointed that my hair was just NOWHERE NEAR long enough, then I had adventures and now finally I'm growing it out and I can do it, yay! I want to try the low triple-buns! Are they like sock buns, or the kind of bun where you just sort of...don't pull the hair all the way through to make a ponytail?
    Miss my ponytail.
    Undercut~chin~midneck~shoulder~collarbone~APL~BSL~waist

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

I have already past that stage but just dropping in to wish you guys good luck, it's a horrible stage for growing hair out but once you get past this stage it's a lot better. Look after those ends, start light oiling them and put it up to help protect it, also pre coconut likings are great for getting and keeping your hair in great shape. I'd also recommend using baby oil, you'd only need one drop on damp not wet hair, it's saved my hair from the scissors and I hardly have any splits because of it.

But good luck, you will pass this stage
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

Length
    Pixie/BSL/BSL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Hello! I reckon I am about an inch or two away from SL at the back, and I have layers at the front that are just about chin length (I hate the hairdresser who mutilated it!), so thought I would pop in and say hi!
    What updos can you manage, if any?

Ponytail, pathetic bun, dutch braids round the side and then pinned up the back in a kinda fake crown braid, twirl and pin, pigtails.

What is your final goal length?

I think about APL or BSL. Not sure yet. I just don't want to cut it ever again! Haha.

How do you style hair that is not that short, yet still definitely not long?

With patience.
    To bra strap length, and beyond!
    *Pixie*Shag*Jaw*Shoulder*Collarbone*APLBSL

Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Jojo - Thank you for the advice and encouragement!

Hi Joflakes , that dutch braid faux crown sounds awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Changling View Post
    I'm doing low pigtails with fringe today. It's a style I wanted to do something like years ago, and I was disappointed that my hair was just NOWHERE NEAR long enough, then I had adventures and now finally I'm growing it out and I can do it, yay! I want to try the low triple-buns! Are they like sock buns, or the kind of bun where you just sort of...don't pull the hair all the way through to make a ponytail?
    Hmmm... haven't tried low pigtails yet~ thanks for the idea! That would also work well for yoga/working out.

I do the triple "buns" by taking one third of my hair and gathering it in a low ponytail and twisting until it twists on itself--sorta shaped into a donut. Then I secure it with a couple of bobby pins. Takes no time at all!

Length
    Pixie/BSL/BSL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Neecola View Post
    Hi Joflakes , that dutch braid faux crown sounds awesome!
    The next time I do it I'll take a photo! It makes awesome braid waves as well. My hair is all voluminous! Love it.

Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

^ Please do, Joflakes!

The hair at the back of my head is brushing mid neck now but the front of my head (bangs) is only about chin length. It was pretty awesome feeling the breeze moving my hair around on my drive to work this morning! It's been a few years since I've had that sensation

*celebrating the small victories*

Length
    Pixie/BSL/BSL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Neecola View Post
    ^ Please do, Joflakes!

The hair at the back of my head is brushing mid neck now but the front of my head (bangs) is only about chin length. It was pretty awesome feeling the breeze moving my hair around on my drive to work this morning! It's been a few years since I've had that sensation

*celebrating the small victories*
    I know the feeling, awesome isn't it!

My BF said the braid waves made my hair look 'epic'... I love it when he compliments my hair!

Length
    Pixie/BSL/BSL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Fake crown braid photos as requested! They're pants photos and the braid isn't perfect but I get compliments on it all the time and it isn't bad for pre-SL hair!

Last edited by joflakes; July 12th, 2012 at 05:14 AM. Reason: Adding another pic