Page 182 of 302 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183184192232282 ... LastLast
Results 1,811 to 1,820 of 3013

Thread: Chin | Shoulder | Collarbone

Length
    16/26/50
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Default Re: Growing Chin to Shoulder-length? Post here!

Quote Originally Posted by Agava View Post
    This length ( CL, neck, SL) is too short for identifying types around 1c because hair can appear as completely straight, (or straight that flips just a bit), before it reach jaw/chin length. That was my case every time I had shorter then CL.
    Btw, what instantly made my frizzy ends to look straighter is olive oil treatment from time to time.
    I completely agree. Without photo evidence it might be hard to convince people of my hair type. From shoulder length it could go either way... straighter cos there is more length and weight, or wavier because there is more hair for the curl pattern to develop.
    Grow grow grow, where it stops no body knows.

Length
    Buzz/Pixie/Happy
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I really hope my hair will get wavier again with length. I started to really identify with having 2a hair, so if it ends up being straighter with age I'm going to be a little disappointed. The last time my hair was longish (collarbone length) was back when I first started dating my wife at the end of 2017, and it was still quite wavy then. But if it does get straighter, the upside is less shrinkage
    Just trying to get by

Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Calf+

Quote Originally Posted by 0xalis View Post
    I really hope my hair will get wavier again with length. I started to really identify with having 2a hair, so if it ends up being straighter with age I'm going to be a little disappointed. The last time my hair was longish (collarbone length) was back when I first started dating my wife at the end of 2017, and it was still quite wavy then. But if it does get straighter, the upside is less shrinkage
    we can swap textures, I'm good for that I identify as 1b/1c but life might make me be a 2a
    No Trimming No Dye
    CBL>>>>>APL>>>>>TBL>>>>LCL
    Currently Buzzed

Quote Originally Posted by Kathie View Post
    I completely agree. Without photo evidence it might be hard to convince people of my hair type. From shoulder length it could go either way... straighter cos there is more length and weight, or wavier because there is more hair for the curl pattern to develop.
    Yes. I'm in the second group I guess. And what I also realise is, layered hair of that type doesn't fall nicely if the top layers are too short. I've learned that, while having layers at ear length on APL length. They weren't evenly wavy/straight. My hair is most wavy on the front and side, but the bangs are somehow straighter. The parts behind are also quite straight.

Length
    16/26/50
    Type
    2b/M/ii

With more length my hair can be quiet straight:

This is me (injecting a doughnut with caramel ) when I first grew my hair from CL while following what I had learnt here at the LHC. No heat, air drying, shampoo bars and AVC rinses, coconut oilings, careful combing when wet, damp bunning.

When its at between CL and shoulder it gets one annoying wave at the end. Past shoulder it gets heavy enough to sit in the 1 category.

I have to really work to get those curls in my siggy: scrunching when hair is wet and gel.

Edit: for clarity- pointed to the curls in my siggy, not the curls in the above pic

Type
    3a/M/ii/iii

Kathie, that's really interesting! From that photo alone, I'd also guess you're in 1s. My pattern is a similar 2c/3a but I would not be able to achieve this level of sleekness unless I straightened it with heat. :) I wonder what affects that! Could it be that you stretched it and straightened it with the damp bunning? But still, I'd expect more wave from the bun itself!

Length
    16/26/50
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ynne View Post
    Kathie, that's really interesting! From that photo alone, I'd also guess you're in 1s. My pattern is a similar 2c/3a but I would not be able to achieve this level of sleekness unless I straightened it with heat. I wonder what affects that! Could it be that you stretched it and straightened it with the damp bunning? But still, I'd expect more wave from the bun itself!
    I think it was the combing while wet and dump bunning. I also would move the position of the bun so that I wouldn't have a clear bun pattern. Maybe also the lack of layers? My hair was all one length in the above pic.

Here is another couple of pics from 2019. I wasnt following LHC methods as closely... still using coconut oil, changed to sulfates, cones, but now heat straightening once or twice a month.

(I'm not a fan of the haircut. My hairdresser gave me the length I wanted but obviously wanted to keep me mostly around SL/APL). The first photo is combed wet and air dried. I think the photo shows that layers seemed to help bring out some of the wave and curl pattern.

Same hair a week or so later but treated carefully to bring out the curls... scrunched with gel from soaking wet to promote clumping and curls, plopped for 10 min, and air dried with no touching:

My goal this round to see if I can get waves and curls with hair that's not layered. Now that I know how to bring them out, as it grows I think I soon find out if I need layers to see them.
    Last edited by Kathie; August 5th, 2020 at 08:05 PM. Reason: grammar + additional info

Length
    10/23+/fun

Quote Originally Posted by Kathie View Post
    With more length my hair can be quiet straight:

This is me (injecting a doughnut with caramel ) when I first grew my hair from CL while following what I had learnt here at the LHC. No heat, air drying, shampoo bars and AVC rinses, coconut oilings, careful combing when wet, damp bunning.

When its at between CL and shoulder it gets one annoying wave at the end. Past shoulder it gets heavy enough to sit in the 1 category.

I have to really work to get those curls in my siggy: scrunching when hair is wet and gel.

Edit: for clarity- pointed to the curls in my siggy, not the curls in the above pic
    Is it just me or is anyone else drawn to, and yet massively scared by the enormous hypodermic needle of caramel.......

what,...if....someone used that for EVIL purposes?????? Gads....

O.R.
    Profile pic from a couple years ago(ahem)...

Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Calf+

I have quite a bit of layers myself which probably makes my hair look so textured, but that first photo gives me hope that even if I am in the 2s I can still have it semi straight
    No Trimming No Dye
    CBL>>>>>APL>>>>>TBL>>>>LCL
    Currently Buzzed

Length
    16/26/50
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    I have quite a bit of layers myself which probably makes my hair look so textured, but that first photo gives me hope that even if I am in the 2s I can still have it semi straight
    Absolutely! You're in the right place to find advice and support for whatever hair type you eventually classify as. I'm excited to see what it will be!

What ever happens, I like to remember that when ever I'm not feeling so great about my hair... some people out there think your hair is amazing and want it for themselves.