Page 3 of 301 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Chin | Shoulder | Collarbone

Length
    Chin/Neck/Waist
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Default Re: Growing Chin to Shoulder-length? Post here!

Quote Originally Posted by Amethyste View Post
    Well, since I cheated while adding extensions, I am still growing my hair under it all... So I *think* I belong here as well... YAY! Will you all still have me?
    haha, of course you are welcome here.

As super-shorties, there was little we needed to do (or even COULD do) in the way of oiling or protective treatments. But now that we have ends that aren't all over our heads, do any of you oil your ends, do moisture treatments, wear protective updos, etc? Just what IS a protective updo, btw? How do we "baby" our ends when can only barely scoop *most* of them into a ponytail?

I use a drop or two of olive oil or baby oil whenever my ends feel dry. My hair is all one length, so it's fairly simple now, but it was pretty much impossible without getting oil all through my hair before my pixie-layers grew out. I'm thinking about using my heavier conditioner as a moisture treatment, now that I have a bottle of V05 for CO-washing. Has anyone else done that before? Care to share how you did it? before a shower, after a shower, before or after clarifying, etc.
    Miss my ponytail.
    Undercut~chin~midneck~shoulder~collarbone~APL~BSL~waist

Length
    Chin/Neck/Waist
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by joflakes View Post
    Definitely with you on that! However I have bangs so they are kinda always floating around my eyes...but I don't mind them! =)

Yeah I know what you mean. I like wearing it up during the week at work and when I see DBF at the weekend I'll leave it down. I have it in the braids so he can see my braid waves tomorrow. We're going to see Ice Age 4! Such big kids, haha!

Ooh sock bun! I want to be able to do that. I just kinda ponytail and tuck the ends in on the last loop of the hair band at the moment...
    my "sock" bun is kind of funny...my hair can't be too clean or it doesn't really work. First I put my hair in a mid-to-high ponytail (just because), and I pin or clip the hair at the nape of my neck up since it's so short it doesn't reach the pony. Then I just take a normal cloth scrunchie, and double it up around the pony elastic, to act as a sort of smaller donut. Then I section my pony into quarters and fold it down around the scrunchie-donut. When it feels like I can't feel cloth through my hair, I sweep all the ends around the bottom of the bun to sort of hide them, then I take a brown (my hair is brown) thin little elastic (without a metal thing) and put it over the bun to hold the ends in place. Sometimes I use two bobby pins instead of the elastic. Then I either pin back the hair at my temples, which doesn't quite reach the bun, or I pull out strands of hair all around my face to make it messy on purpose. The result is a really small bun, lol, but I still kind of adore it because this is the first time in my life I have ever had a bun ^__^
    Miss my ponytail.

Length
    pixie/BSL/???
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii

Yesss count me in!!

Quote Originally Posted by joflakes View Post
    Fake crown braid photos as requested! They're pants photos and the braid isn't perfect but I get compliments on it all the time and it isn't bad for pre-SL hair!

This looks awesome!! Can't wait till I can braid that far My hair is still shorter at the back than the front ughh

pixie. bob. chin length. shoulder. collarbone. APL. BSL. Waist?
    My hair journal! & My portfolio

Length
    Pixie/BSL/BSL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by oktobergoud View Post
    Yesss count me in!!

This looks awesome!! Can't wait till I can braid that far My hair is still shorter at the back than the front ughh
    Haha, thanks. Your braids still look better than mine though anyways! :P
    My hair is the other way around, shorter in front and longer in the back. Annoying!
    To bra strap length, and beyond!
    *Pixie*Shag*Jaw*Shoulder*Collarbone*APLBSL

Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Joflakes: Awesome braids!! I watched some youtube videos last night to try out dutch braiding. Try is the key word -- it was quite crooked and my super fine/thin hair produced such a teeeeeeeny braid. But I'll keep at it! I saw a video that a girl loosely pulled apart the braid to give it more oomph so I think I'll try that sometime.

Changeling: I signed up for the weekly deep treatment challenge and its been going pretty well! The SMT is a great way to go for moisture. I also love using banana baby food with some oil and honey/aloe. I oil my ends several times a week before bed and twist and pin my hair to my head before I go to sleep. I co-wash every day right now but I hope to stretch that out a bit as my hair gets longer.

I have my hair up with a butterfly clip today--I think it turned out pretty cute. I did get a pic but have to crop it and figure out how to post it.

Length
    pixie/BSL/???
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii

Lately I'm wishing I didn't cut my mullet so many times! As in, why did I ever get that asymmetrical bob.. 3 times or so? Okay okay, I do like it, but it will take so much longer before I can do proper up-do or braids One day.. one daaaay..

Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Let's see if this works...

Once and Future Long-Hair XcaliburGirl's Avatar
    Length
    23/27.5/CL 44
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Neecola View Post

Gorgeous! May I ask how you did that? Also what kind of a clip is it, like a barrette or something else?
    I want to finally get back to Classic. Growing again starting March 2018.

Length
    pixie/BSL/???
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii

Pretty!

I loooove your curls

Length
    Chin/Neck/Waist
    Type
    2b/F/ii

aww, that looks SO nice! I am also curious how that was done. Is it like where you make a ponytail, then part the hair above it and stuff the ponytail inside? Then put a barrette over the hole?
    Miss my ponytail.