Page 274 of 287 FirstFirst ... 174224264272273274275276284 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,740 of 2869

Thread: Growing Chin to Shoulder-length? Post here!

Length
    .5 in/19.5/??
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Default Re: Growing Chin to Shoulder-length? Post here!

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    I think a lot of us are like that, APL is when hair starts looking long
    Yeah I think you are right Bat. APL does feel and look different

Quote Originally Posted by xanthochromia View Post
    Congratulations, ReadingRenee!

I haven't been here in a little while but I'm also calling shoulder length as of today! Here's my monthly length check:

It doesn't look so obviously shoulder there, but I've been feeling it brushing the tops of my shoulders for a couple of weeks now. So thanks for all of the encouragement in here and I'll see you in shoulder-to-APL soon!
    Congratulations! Looks shoulder to me!

Quote Originally Posted by DropStitches View Post
    Heyyyyyyy, massive congrats to ReadingRenee and xanthochromia for graduating - and may I say that both of your hair is looking quite lovely - gorgeous colours and textures both. I am so eager to join you over on Shoulder-APL but I think I'm another couple of months away at least -here's my March length shot (my hair is parting weirdly around my crown, but let's ignore that)

I feel you, InTheCity - I think I took an optimistic measurement at the beginning of the year, and have been feeling like it's not growing (according to the tape measure) since then - but when I look at it, it does seem visually longer... for what it's worth, I think your hair looks awesome at the length it's currently at!
    DropStitches, Thank you! Your hair looks so much longer than when you first joined this thread! It is really growing. I think it looks like it will get to shoulder length sooner than you think. Looking forward to seeing you over at Shoulder to APL!

Congratulations, ReadingRenee!

I haven't been here in a little while but I'm also calling shoulder length as of today! Here's my monthly length check:

It doesn't look so obviously shoulder there, but I've been feeling it brushing the tops of my shoulders for a couple of weeks now. So thanks for all of the encouragement in here and I'll see you in shoulder-to-APL soon!
    Congrats! It does look like shoulder.

Length
    12/SL/Floor

Thanks, Bat! Your hair has been growing so fast that I know you'll be there soon (if you just leave it alone :P). I saw elsewhere that you got bangs - I'm sorry you don't like them right now, but I bet you can figure out some way to style or cut them that they'll feel like they suit you better. I love having bangs because they're a quick way and non-damaging way of making changes.
    LOL that's me always messing with it, I am liking having something different at front and sides while not trimming the back you can say the style is growing on me!

Quote Originally Posted by ReadingRenee View Post
    Yeah I think you are right Bat. APL does feel and look different
    Yep I've almost gotten there before and I loved it, I regret cutting it short during my transition but I'll surpass it one day!

Length
    15.75/18/25
    Type
    2b/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Iyashikei View Post

Unfortunately this is also part of the process. Luckily your hair still looks good at this length.
    Quote Originally Posted by ReadingRenee View Post
    Thank you!

Thank you! I just wanted to be really solidly there. Getting to APL takes forever!

Thank you!

I know its discouraging, but a few things to keep in mind. 1. I find it very hard to get an accurate measure when my hair is shorter than APL. 2. I have had times where the tape measure said there was no growth, but it looked longer, and when I measured it a few months later, it had grown a lot! I always seem to stall in the summertime for some reason, but eventually, even if things aren't growing down sometimes it seems like layers are catching up, bangs are growing out, etc.. 3. keep it up! you will get there!

Thanks! I know I am a nut. I don't think I will be that patient when my hair is finally APL though.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DropStitches View Post

I feel you, InTheCity - I think I took an optimistic measurement at the beginning of the year, and have been feeling like it's not growing (according to the tape measure) since then - but when I look at it, it does seem visually longer... for what it's worth, I think your hair looks awesome at the length it's currently at!
    Thanks for the compliment!

I have taken to measuring a little more often to try to reduce the noise from optimistic or pessimistic measurements. That may make things worse for you if you fixate a lot, but it's worth considering. Regardless, I really hope you feel better about it soon and I just wanted to say that your signature pictures really don't look scraggly to me! You may have seen this video already, but just in case you haven't, Heike's hair is fine/thin and still very beautiful.
    Definitely an idea to consider. Thanks for sharing. And thanks for the compliment about scraggly. I had a major hair change back then after quitting hormonal birth control methods and recently again when I had a kiddo. Mostly all of my hair now is from after I was done breastfeeding so I'm hopeful it stays at its peak fullness which isn't super full to begin with. Thanks for sharing the YouTube link too. That was a gorgeous example of long, thin hair.
    These pics were about 10 years ago... Trying again from similar to that short pic.

Length
    12/SL/Floor

I honestly probably should wait another few weeks but I'm impatient so thinking of calling it, but I'd like some other opinions first

🦇 Batcave Bat 🦇
    Shoulder! now onto APL!

I honestly probably should wait another few weeks but I'm impatient so thinking of calling it, but I'd like some other opinions first

You could call it imho.

The journey continues Eastbound&Down's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/SL/Hip
    Type
    2c/F/M/iii

I think you should wait, it looks at least half an inch off in that picture.

Length
    12/SL/Floor

Im going by my longest pieces not the shorter side bits sticking out but I'm probably going to wait a little longer

Length
    BSL/BCL/CL+
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Bat I also think you should wait another half inch.
    Next Goal: TBL. Final Goal: CL+.
    26/07/2019 last bleach - 11/10/2019 last dye

Length
    12/SL/Floor

I've decided to wait, thanks for the opinions!