Page 271 of 301 FirstFirst ... 171221261269270271272273281 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,710 of 3003

Thread: Chin | Shoulder | Collarbone

Length
    Bald/Pixie/Term

Default Re: Growing Chin to Shoulder-length? Post here!

I did a photo thing but I think some of the milestone placements are off APA means armpit abyss for me anyway look how far it is from cbl D:

Looks like I got 2 inches to go seems I'm going to be here 2-3 more months D:

Shoulder+ by my 40th (May 2025)
    Buzz>>>Pixie>>>Chin>>>Shoulder
    Living The Split Dye Life

Length
    Buzz/APL/Waist
    Type
    2b/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by solocricket View Post
    I'm around 1c/2a, but I think my hair is slowly becoming wavier (which I love!). If my waves look decent I like the look of a wavy, messy bob. But my hair is pretty heavy and thick-ish too, so right now the homemade blunt cut is a little triangle-like. However I do like having less weight on my head for now! I don't really have a goal length in mind-- last time I grew my hair out (2 years ago) my goal was waist and I reached mid-back before I chopped it off. I think mid-back would be fun again!
    I'm in a pretty similar boat as you! I had straighter hair (maybe 1c) for most of my life and recently it became 2bish. Also quite thick and heavy. Having thick hair around neck length is super annoying! I'm just now at the point where I can clip it all away from my neck, and it is so relieving. I never had short hair before the current cut that I'm growing out, so this is my first time passing through chin to shoulder lengths. I always heard that shorter hair was easier, but I actually found it to be harder. Pixies seem to need a TON of styling every day, and short bobs are just plain annoying, for the aforementioned reason...

I got a thinning cut several months ago that totally got rid of the triangle look. Might be worth considering. Mid back is also my tentative goal. Seems like it's long enough for a nice braid. I find buns to be pretty uncomfortable with thick hair. They make the crown of my head hurt with all the weight. How did you tend to keep your hair when it was mid-back length?
    Buzz - Pixie - Bob - Shoulder - CBL - APL - MBL - Waist - Hip

Length
    15.75/22/25
    Type
    2c/3a/M/i/ii

Bat - really great graphic! I'm a wee little person with a smaller than small torso so for me shoulder and collarbone length are just 1-2 inches apart and collarbone to arm pit barely 2-3 inches. I'm very hopeful I can keep a thick hem past shoulder but we'll see. Might need to trim but holding steady for now.
    These pics were about 10 years ago... Trying again from similar to that short pic.

Quote Originally Posted by stardust lady View Post
    I'm in a pretty similar boat as you! I had straighter hair (maybe 1c) for most of my life and recently it became 2bish. Also quite thick and heavy. Having thick hair around neck length is super annoying! I'm just now at the point where I can clip it all away from my neck, and it is so relieving. I never had short hair before the current cut that I'm growing out, so this is my first time passing through chin to shoulder lengths. I always heard that shorter hair was easier, but I actually found it to be harder. Pixies seem to need a TON of styling every day, and short bobs are just plain annoying, for the aforementioned reason...

I got a thinning cut several months ago that totally got rid of the triangle look. Might be worth considering. Mid back is also my tentative goal. Seems like it's long enough for a nice braid. I find buns to be pretty uncomfortable with thick hair. They make the crown of my head hurt with all the weight. How did you tend to keep your hair when it was mid-back length?
    Yay it's nice to know I'm not alone! I absolutely agree with you that shorter isn't easier. My go-to ponytails and buns now require so many bobby pins! I've often thought about getting a pixie cut and the work honestly is what stops me.

As for mid-back hairstyles, I was pretty lazy and wore buns that consisted of a ponytail with the hair smushed up and tied with one of those curly invisible bobble hairties Low buns and high buns both. The high ones I did really high so that the weight was on the top of my head rather than leaning back, top knot style. Probably not the best for hair health and it definitely didn't stay when it got longer. I never got the hang of real pinned buns, but I do hear hair sticks balance weight better!

Length
    .5 in/21 in/??
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    I did a photo thing but I think some of the milestone placements are off APA means armpit abyss for me anyway look how far it is from cbl D:

Looks like I got 2 inches to go seems I'm going to be here 2-3 more months D:

Nice chart of growth Bat! I don't know, I know that for me the longest growth time is shoulder to APL. And then APL to BSL is actually pretty short. Your milestone placements might be more accurate than you realize.

Quote Originally Posted by stardust lady View Post

I find the same thing with shorter hair being hard. It is a lot more work to make it look nice, at least for me. I think collarbone length is about when it starts to get a little better for me. Maybe because my hair just needs a little more weight?

Quote Originally Posted by solocricket View Post
    Yay it's nice to know I'm not alone! I absolutely agree with you that shorter isn't easier. My go-to ponytails and buns now require so many bobby pins! I've often thought about getting a pixie cut and the work honestly is what stops me.

As for mid-back hairstyles, I was pretty lazy and wore buns that consisted of a ponytail with the hair smushed up and tied with one of those curly invisible bobble hairties Low buns and high buns both. The high ones I did really high so that the weight was on the top of my head rather than leaning back, top knot style. Probably not the best for hair health and it definitely didn't stay when it got longer. I never got the hang of real pinned buns, but I do hear hair sticks balance weight better!
    I did a lot of buns like that too and I think it definitely damaged the ends. It looked good though! I still really like claw clips for mid back length hair as well.

Not a lot going on hair-wise with me. Just checking in. Hair is pretty much shoulder length when wavy, and my bangs are long enough to turn into more of a curtain bang. I have been wearing my hair like that all week and I like it. It looks like more of an intentional hair style. I will take my length picture in March and see where I am at.

I just figured out that I can keep my bangs back easier by french braiding the front, and I think I like it! I'm decent at braiding but I'm slow at it and I have trouble keeping braids tight, so I'm using this short length to practice. My arms only burn a little bit

An issue I'm having is that this length is weirdly making my scalp hurt more, maybe because I have to pull back tighter to get into a ponytail. The bobby pins aren't helping either. I really don't like it down though, so I guess I'll just either live with it or experiment with other things.

I also just got a shampoo bar in the mail! It's the nettle one from Chagrin Valley. I'm excited to find out how it workson my hair!

Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

It seems like I'm close to graduating! My shortest hair is reaching the slope of my shoulders by now. Granted my they slope like halfpipes but at least it got there! I suspect that without setbacks I graduate over two months.
    Last edited by Iyashikei; February 26th, 2021 at 10:42 PM.

Length
    15.75/22/25
    Type
    2c/3a/M/i/ii

Treated myself to a blow dry yesterday for the first time since I started my growth journey with a chop in October. I'm committed to reducing heat use. I took some progress pics but honestly thought it would look longer straight-ish. Turns out I have shorter layers than I thought so while I can still stretch some pieces to collarbone, I don't consider myself fully at shoulder yet. Sigh. Loving the volume though!

These pics were about 10 years ago... Trying again from similar to that short pic.

The journey continues Eastbound&Down's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/WL/Hip+
    Type
    2c/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by InTheCity View Post
    Treated myself to a blow dry yesterday for the first time since I started my growth journey with a chop in October. I'm committed to reducing heat use. I took some progress pics but honestly thought it would look longer straight-ish. Turns out I have shorter layers than I thought so while I can still stretch some pieces to collarbone, I don't consider myself fully at shoulder yet. Sigh. Loving the volume though!

I think you could definitely call it if you wanted to, but I understand holding off, I plan on doing the same thing. I'm holding off for a full extra inch before I call it and head to the next thread.

I'm in between chin and shoulder right now after having around 30 inches. I kinda like it, but can't wait to get to at least armpit length. It's growing sooooo slooowly.