Page 260 of 260 FirstFirst ... 160210250258259260
Results 2,591 to 2,598 of 2598

Thread: Growing Chin to Shoulder-length? Post here!

Length
    buzz/chin/waist
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Re: Growing Chin to Shoulder-length? Post here!

Thank you, everyone, for the kind replies. I'm having a bit of a down day in general and chose my hair to take it out on. It certainly isn't deserving of that talk as it is healthy and shiny in it's short state. It'll get there eventually, it just seems so far off.

I missed the question about calling shoulder and when to do that. On my frame, shoulder and collarbone are essentially the same place. There is very little difference between them, which is why I will probably just call shoulder when it hits the top of my shoulders and forget CBL altogether lol. Shoulder to APL will be my next large gap.
    .:: former hennahead enjoying her silvers ::.
    current length: chin/bob | first goal length: BSL

Length
    Short/Chin+/Floor

Quote Originally Posted by shutterpillar View Post
    Thank you, everyone, for the kind replies. I'm having a bit of a down day in general and chose my hair to take it out on. It certainly isn't deserving of that talk as it is healthy and shiny in it's short state. It'll get there eventually, it just seems so far off.

I missed the question about calling shoulder and when to do that. On my frame, shoulder and collarbone are essentially the same place. There is very little difference between them, which is why I will probably just call shoulder when it hits the top of my shoulders and forget CBL altogether lol. Shoulder to APL will be my next large gap.
    That is what I'm thinking too or skip shoulder altogether and wait til cbl so it's less to wait for apl

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    That is what I'm thinking too or skip shoulder altogether and wait til cbl so it's less to wait for apl
    This sounds like a good idea. Shoulder sounds so different on everyone I think ill just sail on ahead to cbl. Which means I'm here for agesss

Length
    Buzz/Chin/MBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by shutterpillar View Post
    Just checking in and trying to get some inspiration and motivation since I have been lacking lately. My goal just seems so far away and it is disheartening. Especially since I am growing out a side shave. that means my goal is even further away as I wait for that hair to catch up.

Anyway, I am hovering just above shoulder. My side shaved bit is about 2.5 inches long. It's gonna be a while and I am just feeling so angry at myself for cutting it in the first place. I was almost to BSL before I decided to cut the side shave, and then eventually cut the rest into a bob. I don't know what I was thinking.
    You are in good company here. I think most of us at one point had a side shave or undercut. I've just gotten to a bob after my undercut, and at one point had like 4/5ths of my head shaved. It took a while to get here but I don't regret it, because it was something I just HAD to get out of my system. I still think undercuts and side shaves look awesome, but at this point I'd rather just have a full head of hair.

Please don't regret it and beat yourself up about doing it - if you never shaved it in the first place, maybe you would still be thinking about shaving it! I remember looking at so many pictures all the time, thinking "man I really want to try this". If anything, just doing it and experiencing it saved me all the time I spent on Google Images looking at other people's haircuts. Your hair will be long before you know it, and it's awesome that you tried something daring like that!
    Buzz - Pixie - Bob - SL - APL - MBL

Length
    Short/Chin+/Floor

Quote Originally Posted by MissMuse View Post
    This sounds like a good idea. Shoulder sounds so different on everyone I think ill just sail on ahead to cbl. Which means I'm here for agesss
    I'll keep you company! Though technically you could lurk in both topics when you get close

Length
    Pixie/Neck/???
    Type
    1a/F/ii

I'm planning on staying in this thread until CBL too! That feels more like shoulder on my body than just grazing the tops of my trapezius muscles. I also had a side shave once-upon-a-time, but this time was growing out from a standard pixie. I have done many of the pixie-to-bob-and-back transitions, but this is my first time since childhood growing out past my chin. I expect to hit CBL sometime this spring, but we'll see if my hair agrees!

Regardless, shutterpillar, I agree with LadyStardust that now you have it out of your system and that's worth a lot. This whole hair growth process is an exercise in patience and acceptance, and it isn't easy! Mine was much less drastic, but I cut off 2 inches the week before I first used a BBB and then saw a video on long, fine/thin hair that made me decide to grow mine out. I was pretty frustrated with the timing, but it is what it is and maybe it's good that I got that last short haircut out of the way. I hope you feel better about it as it continues to grow!

Length
    buzz/chin/waist
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Thank you everyone. It's awesome to have such a positive and supportive little community here. I did really love my side shave and I am super glad I did it! This past time will make the second time have shaved the side of my head. I think I did it out of boredom though, and was desperate for change since i'm stuck at home from the pandemic. Ultimately I'm a long haired gal. I like having options for hairstyles and stuff. I'm excited to get back there!
    .:: former hennahead enjoying her silvers ::.
    current length: chin/bob | first goal length: BSL

Length
    .5 in/18.5/??
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Hi Shutterpillar! I know it's easy to regret hair decisions, but like others are saying I think it can be good to check it out and see if its something you like and get it out of your system. Now you know what its like to have one and can make better more informed hair decisions in the future whatever they may be. And growing out can be fun! Its like a whole new journey you go on and if you come on this board and these threads you get new companions along the way.

I think I am just at shoulder. I haven't decided if I will move to the shoulder to APL thread in February or not. Wet my hair definitely comes to CBL and stretched but not dry and wavy. That would probably be in another two months. Im going to see where I am at after my length pic for February.