Page 253 of 271 FirstFirst ... 153203243251252253254255263 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,530 of 2702

Thread: Growing Chin to Shoulder-length? Post here!

Length
    10/19+/fun

Default Re: Growing Chin to Shoulder-length? Post here!

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    I can do it! I have to come to terms that my hair can't be perfect during the growing out stage and to just push through it
    As Rob Schneider(from SNL and movies) always said ' You can dooo eeeeeeeeeet!!!"
    Profile pic from a couple years ago(ahem)...

Length
    10/19+/fun

Quote Originally Posted by DropStitches View Post
    Thanks very much, O.R.! If the mullet was work at the front, party at the back, maybe the FrankenBun would be intimidating at the front, and just a bit weird at the back?! Maybe by the time Halloween rolls around, I'll have a real bun, not a mutant creation....
    !
    ha.... to think that the terms, 'mullet', 'FrankenBun', and 'mutant creation' are all in the same post..... The Russian judge gives a rare 10 for creative hair talk!!!!!!!

O.R.
    Profile pic from a couple years ago(ahem)...

Length
    Short/Neck+/Floor

Quote Originally Posted by xanthochromia View Post
    I bet you'll be like me and miraculously find more small hairs even after thinking it's all in the ponytail. Sounds like you'll be a solid iii!
    I'm thinking I might be just in there, I'll try again at the end of the year, I should have my shortest layers about chin+ then

Length
    Short/Neck+/Floor

Quote Originally Posted by oldrocker View Post
    As Rob Schneider(from SNL and movies) always said ' You can dooo eeeeeeeeeet!!!"
    Tyty! I'll do my best

Length
    .5 in/19/??
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

I don't think that's a "sad little braid" at all! But in my braid practicing I've noticed that Dutch braids look fuller on me than French. You could tuck the ends under, too, for mystery-length hair!

I'm sure you could hold your hair with a pen for the 30 seconds or so to take a picture, which is all mine managed, especially because yours is longer than mine and more textured. Congrats on being almost shoulder!
    Aww thanks! I call it sad because the ends of my braid has barely any hair. I am not used to that. I have done dutch braids as well but they look kind of weird and don't stay in as well for me with this length hair.

Quote Originally Posted by DropStitches View Post
    Ummmm there is nothing ‘sad’ about this French braid, Reading Renee - I think the word you were looking for is ‘majestic’!
    Thank you DropStitches, you are making me blush. I am excited to have braid comparison photos in a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by oldrocker View Post
    Is this where that came from? We use that all the time, but I didn't realize it was Rob Schneider who coined it.

Length
    Pixie/Neck/???
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ReadingRenee View Post
    Aww thanks! I call it sad because the ends of my braid has barely any hair. I am not used to that. I have done dutch braids as well but they look kind of weird and don't stay in as well for me with this length hair.
    How much was removed in your recent haircut? Were more layers cut in to help the curls?

In your honor, I did and then actually slept in a braid last night (for the first time in my life!). I had been doing braid practice instead where I just do a braid and immediately take it out again because it's so messy. So this morning, ta da! Braid waves! They seem much more dramatic in real life than they look in this picture, perhaps because I'm used to having no texture at all....

Length
    Short/Neck+/Floor

In a rage of I hate my hair I almost hacked my hair off with a pair of scissors, luckily I'm actually too lazy to get up and grab the scissors so my shitty hair can grow another day

Attempting to grow my dye out but I got lots of black dye calling my name z

Time to go to sleep before I actually do something stupid

Length
    Pixie/Neck/???
    Type
    1a/F/ii

In a rage of I hate my hair I almost hacked my hair off with a pair of scissors, luckily I'm actually too lazy to get up and grab the scissors so my shitty hair can grow another day

Attempting to grow my dye out but I got lots of black dye calling my name z

Yes, go sleep! Glad you didn't do anything drastic today, hopefully things are better tomorrow...

Length
    HL/TBL+/FTL+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by InTheCity View Post
    I tried a scalp scrub on the recommendation of a friend (and ordered in sort of an impulse buy) and nooooo thank you. My shed that wash looked like it was 3 times more than usual. I don't have nearly enough hair to spare for that kind of loss.
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyStardust View Post
    What was in it? I'm not a scalp scrubber (I have a bad habit of scratching my scalp so it doesn't need exfoliating), but I've heard that a scalp scrub can encourage hairs to shed that were already on their way out. Don't quote me on that. I tend to lose hairs whenever I mess with my scalp, but it's very dense. I've had this habit my whole life, and I sorta suspect that regular exfoliation may be good for follicles.
    Seconding LadyStardust. I'm not saying that there isn't a person whose scalp wouldn't actually dislike having stuff put on it, but I'll pretty confidently claim that in most cases, the greater shedding is purely a case of ready-to-shed hairs coming out a couple of days early. When I do a scalp scrub or otherwise massage my scalp, I lose much more hair that time, but less than average the next couple of washes. Such is normal and nothing to be worried about. If your scalp feels good about the scrub otherwise, I don't see a reason to quit doing them. For me personally, it feels like my scalp can take a deep breath of fresh air, so scrubs will probably be a staple in my routine.

Sleep is a remarkably efficient cure for many things indeed!
    Ósnjallr mađr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann viđ víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi friđ, ţótt hánum geirar gefi.

Length
    .5 in/19/??
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

How much was removed in your recent haircut? Were more layers cut in to help the curls?

In your honor, I did and then actually slept in a braid last night (for the first time in my life!). I had been doing braid practice instead where I just do a braid and immediately take it out again because it's so messy. So this morning, ta da! Braid waves! They seem much more dramatic in real life than they look in this picture, perhaps because I'm used to having no texture at all....

Yes I think I do have some very light layering, mostly near the ends I actually forgot about that!

Oh those braid waves are so pretty! If my hair would look like that after sleeping in a braid I would do that a lot more. Braids actually usually straighten out my waves so I don't have braid waves very often.