Page 250 of 258 FirstFirst ... 150200240248249250251252 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,500 of 2573

Thread: Growing Chin to Shoulder-length? Post here!

Length
    Short/Chin+/Floor

Default Re: Growing Chin to Shoulder-length? Post here!

It seems I can put a tiny bit of hair in a ponytail, now but it's not really with mentioning since it doesn't feel enough hair for a proper low ponytail, can't do a half one either my sides are too short

But you have to enjoy victories no matter how small

🦇 No Trims 2021 🦇
    Aiming to break free of bad hair habits... It grow Bat, let it grow.
    🦇 Next Goal: Shoulder 🦇

Length
    Short/Chin+/Floor

Quote Originally Posted by oldrocker View Post
    Bat and others....thanks for the warm fuzzies (feelings that is...)

But Bat, are those communistic slippers? Red stars and everything????lol awesome....
    Nope it's Baphomet slippers because I'm a heathen
    🦇 No Trims 2021 🦇
    Aiming to break free of bad hair habits... It grow Bat, let it grow.
    🦇 Next Goal: Shoulder 🦇

Length
    Pixie/Neck/???
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    It seems I can put a tiny bit of hair in a ponytail, now but it's not really with mentioning since it doesn't feel enough hair for a proper low ponytail, can't do a half one either my sides are too short

But hey, it's a ponytail which is progress!

Even with the sticky out bit it's looking great!
    Thanks! I'm going to try again on dirty hair when I do my braid practice. Any luck with yours?
    Last edited by xanthochromia; January 9th, 2021 at 06:21 AM. Reason: added second response (and then had a typo, oops!)

Length
    Short/Chin+/Floor

Quote Originally Posted by xanthochromia View Post
    But hey, it's a ponytail which is progress!

Thanks! I'm going to try again on dirty hair when I do my braid practice. Any luck with yours?
    I can't braid I have too many layers and I get too frustrated so don't try, I'll wait til I get to shoulder and try again

Length
    buzz/15/long!
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

First the Mullet, now the Merkel.....aiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!! at least it was a dream DropS !!

O.R.
    umm, funny, or not? I seem to have killed the shoulder to APL thread with my first post on Jan 4th. I seem to have that effect on people who don't know me yet.....sigh. now, you all....I still treasure.... (bows).

O.R.
    I know how you feel, O.R. - whenever that happens to me, I imagine a bunch of people reading my post, shaking their heads, and slowly backing away from the thread. It hurts to be left hanging, even though that's almost certainly not the intended effect! But I guess we benefit if it means you hang out with us for a bit longer!

Quote Originally Posted by xanthochromia View Post
    I'm trying to decide whether or not to buy myself a fork to grow into when I get a couple for my hip-length-haired sister -- turns out that my freshly-washed neck-length hair can hold a pen long enough to take a couple of crummy photos! Here's the best of the bad bunch (how I didn't feel the crazy sticking-out ends is a mystery). Justification to buy something? hmmmmmmm.... Regardless, can I call it a mini-milestone?

Congrats on the mini-milestones, xanthochromia and Bat! I can't wait to join you in being able to get it all up and out of the way - at the moment I can do a ponytail-plus-headband-plus-clips combo, but it doesn't look nearly as elegant as you two!
    Growing out a buzzcut since September 2019

buzz -- shaggy pixie-ish mess -- chin length -- SL -- APL -- MBL -- waist -- hip

Length
    Pixie/Neck/???
    Type
    1a/F/ii

I can't braid I have too many layers and I get too frustrated so don't try, I'll wait til I get to shoulder and try again
    I get frustrated because my fingers don't seem to work right and my hair slips around everywhere! Maybe braiding is just the worst thing ever, but I wish you plenty of success when you decide to go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by DropStitches View Post
    Congrats on the mini-milestones, xanthochromia and Bat! I can't wait to join you in being able to get it all up and out of the way - at the moment I can do a ponytail-plus-headband-plus-clips combo, but it doesn't look nearly as elegant as you two!
    I found a photo of the sock bun I did for Halloween and had forgotten that it took something like 8 bobby pins to try to catch all of the little bits. You'll be here soon! And I bet your all-in-one ponytail will look fabulous when it happens

Length
    Short/Chin+/Floor

Quote Originally Posted by DropStitches View Post
    I know how you feel, O.R. - whenever that happens to me, I imagine a bunch of people reading my post, shaking their heads, and slowly backing away from the thread. It hurts to be left hanging, even though that's almost certainly not the intended effect! But I guess we benefit if it means you hang out with us for a bit longer!

I'm no where near a proper ponytail, I'm. Year away from that

Length
    15.75/17.5/25
    Type
    2b/M/i/ii

I tried a scalp scrub on the recommendation of a friend (and ordered in sort of an impulse buy) and nooooo thank you. My shed that wash looked like it was 3 times more than usual. I don't have nearly enough hair to spare for that kind of loss.
    Very new goals this time around...

Length
    Buzz/Chin/MBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by InTheCity View Post
    I tried a scalp scrub on the recommendation of a friend (and ordered in sort of an impulse buy) and nooooo thank you. My shed that wash looked like it was 3 times more than usual. I don't have nearly enough hair to spare for that kind of loss.
    What was in it? I'm not a scalp scrubber (I have a bad habit of scratching my scalp so it doesn't need exfoliating), but I've heard that a scalp scrub can encourage hairs to shed that were already on their way out. Don't quote me on that. I tend to lose hairs whenever I mess with my scalp, but it's very dense. I've had this habit my whole life, and I sorta suspect that regular exfoliation may be good for follicles.

Length
    buzz/15/long!
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

I sort of Frankensteined some of my hair into a top knot! It looks ok from the front, but ridiculous from the back where a gazillion little clips were required, so I don't think I'll be wearing this in public (maybe on zoom??!). It made me happy, though, cos I used to love wearing my hair up an high on my head back when it was longer... looking forward to being able to do this for real!
    Growing out a buzzcut since September 2019

buzz -- shaggy pixie-ish mess -- chin length -- SL -- APL -- MBL -- waist -- hip