Page 222 of 227 FirstFirst ... 122172212220221222223224 ... LastLast
Results 2,211 to 2,220 of 2261

Thread: Growing Chin to Shoulder-length? Post here!

Length
    shorn/bob/Hip
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: Growing Chin to Shoulder-length? Post here!

I'm back to the start of this topic My avatar is the new cut I got today ( it's also been straightened) got rid of more Layers and Damage :3
    Last edited by Bat; October 29th, 2020 at 02:51 AM.

Length
    SL/chin/MB
    Type
    2c/M/C/ii/iii

Meepster, your scrunchie is awesome! I was also looking for some new scrunchies, they would be a nice little toy while I wait for my hair to get longer.

Today I'm kind of fine with my hair, and patient.

Bat, good for the damage being gone! You just reminded me, when I got to shorter lengths, I discovered that it became easier to go for a new cut than when I had long hair. I hope I will carry this feeling into the longer hair phase, so I wouldn't be so reluctant to get rid of the damage whenever I notice it.

Length
    shorn/bob/Hip
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphea View Post
    Meepster, your scrunchie is awesome! I was also looking for some new scrunchies, they would be a nice little toy while I wait for my hair to get longer.

Today I'm kind of fine with my hair, and patient.

Bat, good for the damage being gone! You just reminded me, when I got to shorter lengths, I discovered that it became easier to go for a new cut than when I had long hair. I hope I will carry this feeling into the longer hair phase, so I wouldn't be so reluctant to get rid of the damage whenever I notice it.
    I still have a bit of damage but it is certainly Better than it's been for 2 years, for me I can be pretty trim happy so I hope longer hair will at least make me hesitate. There is a fine line between either trimming too much and not enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    There is a fine line between either trimming too much and not enough!
    Very true.
    I often had a need to trim, and at the same time I felt annoyed when I had to outgrow the same stage where I once was. That's why I decided only to microtrim . Every month. So I examine every month my hemline, with the intention to trim some 3-5mm, where needed. It is really hard, to trim so small amount of hair but when I finish that, my need for a bigger trim is completely gone.
    This month I planned to do a microtrim but I was busy and tired for so much precision, so I skipped.
    I really think that if I don't impose any rules to me, then growing hair long doesn't make me impatient as before. I stopped with tape measuring, I don't even calculate months and cm's when I'm going to reach some particular length and I've broke all challenges. This state of mind while growing suites me better then balancing between resist and urge to trim.

Length
    shorn/bob/Hip
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Agava View Post
    Very true.
    I often had a need to trim, and at the same time I felt annoyed when I had to outgrow the same stage where I once was. That's why I decided only to microtrim . Every month. So I examine every month my hemline, with the intention to trim some 3-5mm, where needed. It is really hard, to trim so small amount of hair but when I finish that, my need for a bigger trim is completely gone.
    This month I planned to do a microtrim but I was busy and tired for so much precision, so I skipped.
    I really think that if I don't impose any rules to me, then growing hair long doesn't make me impatient as before. I stopped with tape measuring, I don't even calculate months and cm's when I'm going to reach some particular length and I've broke all challenges. This state of mind while growing suites me better then balancing between resist and urge to trim.
    i'm better winging it too myself, but sometimes I need a bit of discipline at what I do to my hair so it actually gets longer than a bob! I have to admit trimming a little bit every 12 weeks seemed to work for me, but I will attempt one last no trim challenge to see how my hair looks and feels, ig its terrible I'll go back to my usual method. I won't doo monthly checks anymore though I'll do seasonal length checks since that seems fun
    🦇 No Trim 13 Months 🦇
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    Commander of Nightfall and Keeper Of Bats. In the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Seasonal comparison is always fun and obvious.
    And, on your length you surely can grow at least 6 months with maybe only one ( or none) microtrim halfway.

Length
    shorn/bob/Hip
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

I'm sure I can do it if I'm kept motivated

You will be. Style your hair the way you like and follow the progress by taking pictures.

Length
    2/Neck/???
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii

Check it out check it out check it out - I just did a sock bun!

Length
    shorn/bob/Hip
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by meepster View Post
    Check it out check it out check it out - I just did a sock bun!

I'm amazed you get it to stay up like that