Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cosmetics and accessories avaliable in Brazil.

Length
    12/28.35/40
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Default Cosmetics and accessories avaliable in Brazil.

There's a lot of people from Europe, North America and Ocenia, just a few ones from Brazil. I create this tread because is hard to find true opinions in our national community and a lot of brands popular in this forum aren't sold in Brazil, while the ones that are present here, aren't so commented. The intention is discuss with foreigners help about some national and imported products sold here. Hope to get success!

ETA: I forgot to say that my hair is extremely damaged. It's chemically straightened and I use flat iron aways (when my roots grow and to mold my ends).
    Last edited by Jovana; July 1st, 2023 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Add information.

Length
    12/28.35/40
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Default Re: Cosmetics and accessories avaliable in Brazil.

Starting with this fabulous solid shampoo (matcha butter and vegetal milk) by Lola Cosmetics. It's vegan and organic. It cleans without drying. Perfect for any kind of hair, oily or dry. Exist one version with jasmine butter and vegetal milk (this). It's cheap, coasts about R$20,00 (between U$3,00-U$4) and is equivalent to 6x liquid shampoo.

Official website

Last edited by Jovana; November 16th, 2022 at 07:56 AM.

Length
    12/28.35/40
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

This mask is made of argan oil and shea butter, aren't oily, it's has a thick texture, but slides during application and the perfume is great. Millenar Oil line from Amend has other three maks (por different purposes), they are gorgeous too. I tested the complete Indians underline and my hair was so easy to blowout and style, gave me volume that I don't have.

Morroccan Oils (white packaging).
    Full line and mask.

Indian Oils (black packaging), made of amla and cinnamon oils.
    Full line and mask

Egyptian Oils (wine packaging), with moringa and myrrth oils.
    Full line and mask.

Oils from Madagascar (yellow packaging), with Full Repair Complex.
    Full line and mask.

I have no idea if the official website sends to other countries.

Hair masks coasts about R$40,00-45,00 (U$8,00-9,00) and full lines R$160,00-200,00 (U$30,00-40,00).
    Last edited by Jovana; November 16th, 2022 at 08:08 AM.

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

I will be interested to watch this thread! I live in a mostly Brazilian-American neighborhood and get my hair-care products from a Brazilian grocery because it's closer than going to the drugstore ( ; My favorite right now are the Gota Dourada brand masks. I got a big (1 kg) tub of the type "fortalecimento de cabelos" type; I think it cost about $5. I'm finally getting near the bottom of it after about a year. It's very hydrating (cetaryl alcohol is the main ingredient) and I love the fact that it comes in a tub instead of a squeeze bottle. I'll be excited to try another mask from the same brand once this tub finally runs out.

Length
    12/28.35/40
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by shelomit View Post
    I will be interested to watch this thread! I live in a mostly Brazilian-American neighborhood and get my hair-care products from a Brazilian grocery because it's closer than going to the drugstore ( ; My favorite right now are the Gota Dourada brand masks. I got a big (1 kg) tub of the type "fortalecimento de cabelos" type; I think it cost about $5. I'm finally getting near the bottom of it after about a year. It's very hydrating (cetaryl alcohol is the main ingredient) and I love the fact that it comes in a tub instead of a squeeze bottle. I'll be excited to try another mask from the same brand once this tub finally runs out.
    Did you tested their garlic tonic (tônico de alho)? Smells bad, but hair grows faster (for the majority, not for me unfortunately). Coast about U$2,50-3,00.

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Jovana View Post
    Did you tested their garlic tonic (tônico de alho)? Smells bad, but hair grows faster (for the majority, not for me unfortunately). Coast about U$2,50-3,00.
    I will have to look for it the next time I'm at the grocery store!

Length
    12/28.35/40
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Argan Oil line of Lola Cosmetic is a classic, everyone needs to try it. The Argan Oil range has a shampoo, mask and hair oil. I only tried the oil, because I have some products to use first (my hair is fine and needs less products when I wash) and can't acummulate.

The oil is very cheap (you can find between R$ 12,00-20,00 or U$2,50-3,50 in Brazil), it's silicon free, heat protectant and has a thicker texture (not heavy) texture, but it absorbs fast and can be used at thin to thick hair, very versality. The hair will be soft and shiny. It's nearly transparent and won't taint blonde hair.

Shampoo

Mask

Oil

Length
    12/28.35/40
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Phytoervas shampoo is about R$20,00-30,00 (or U$4,5,50-5,50), has a gel texture and cleans the spalp so well (gave me volume, frizz control and didn't irritate my skin), it's perfect for a silky blowout (or no, if you let dries naturally will be great too).

Shampoo

Length
    12/28.35/40
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Normally, I don't use styling products, but sometimes I feel that is necessary. Here some brazialian cosmetics:

Cless Charming Detangling Mousse: I use on wet hair for detangling and give me volume when I want a blowdry. It's fixation is normal, has heat protection and it's non-oily.

Ricca Dry Shampoo: The best dry shampoo of the world, my hair doesn't get rigid or white. My hair looks clean and voluminous. Love it. Better than everyone!

Cless Care Liss Hair Spray: Normal fixation (low), I use when my hair is frizzy or opaque. It's good, i don't like high fixation (I haaaaaate when my hair gets crusty).

They cost about U$ 5,00. Hard fixation spay and mousse has very high fixation for the same prince and the dry shampoo has others essences (smells so good).

I use before blowdry

Length
    12/28.35/40
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Morte Súbita Mask and Exfoliating Shampoo (Lola Cosmetics):

They are great. The exfoliating shampoo cleans A LOT my hair, but it moisturize the hair at the same time. I never had my scalp so clean and healthy (exceped by Rebelde Sem Causa from the same brand, but extinct). My hair gets wheightless and loose. I use once a week and it is great for me. The mask gaves me shiny and silk hair, it is super moisturizing and receduces frizz. My ends gets sealed.