Page 97 of 108 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shea Moisture Thread

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Default Re: The Shea Moisture Thread

Quote Originally Posted by leafygreens18 View Post
    I really love the way the 100% Virgin Coconut Oil Daily Hydration Conditioner makes my dry rough ends feel, but it makes my roots oily, even when I only use it on my ends and I'm super careful. Has anyone else experienced this, or anyone else with thinner but still dry hair like mine experienced this?
    I don't see how it would be possible for the conditioner to affect your roots if you simply don't apply it there.
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links

Type
    3a/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Ylva View Post
    I don't see how it would be possible for the conditioner to affect your roots if you simply don't apply it there.
    I know what you mean, but I think it leaves some sort of residue I don't feel until my hair is dry that sort of migrates up my hair when its drying or over night. I tried washing with my same shampoo and a different conditioner and didn't have this happen, but when I tried the Shea Moisture conditioner again I had the same oily roots situation. I'm thinking this is going to be a just me thing! So I'll probably switch to just using it as my first conditioner when I CWC.

Length
    30/33/long
    Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by leafygreens18 View Post
    I know what you mean, but I think it leaves some sort of residue I don't feel until my hair is dry that sort of migrates up my hair when its drying or over night. I tried washing with my same shampoo and a different conditioner and didn't have this happen, but when I tried the Shea Moisture conditioner again I had the same oily roots situation. I'm thinking this is going to be a just me thing! So I'll probably switch to just using it as my first conditioner when I CWC.
    Maybe it has to do with the way you dry your hair. I had this problem once with the Andalou Naturals Rose Stem Cell Conditioner. No matter how careful I was, it always made its way up to my roots when I put my hair up in a turbie to dry, and it left them an awful, greasy mess (and I mean the kind of greasy where my hair felt sticky!). *sigh* Now I only use it as the first condish for my CWC. I probably need to get rid of it anyway because it contains alcohol, which wreaks havoc on my ends.

Type
    3a/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by pippylonglocks View Post
    Maybe it has to do with the way you dry your hair. I had this problem once with the Andalou Naturals Rose Stem Cell Conditioner. No matter how careful I was, it always made its way up to my roots when I put my hair up in a turbie to dry, and it left them an awful, greasy mess (and I mean the kind of greasy where my hair felt sticky!). *sigh* Now I only use it as the first condish for my CWC. I probably need to get rid of it anyway because it contains alcohol, which wreaks havoc on my ends.
    Exactly I don't know quite what it is, my hair is curly and dry but my individual strands are pretty thin so my hair needs lots of moisture but can't actually handle a lot of moisture. it's an unfortunate catch-22. Thats okay though! I'm just using it as my first C too, I have been able to use it successfully more recently but only if I'm super careful about how I dry it and I let it dry completely before I put it up or go to bed.

Type
    3a/F/M/iii

I was doing my usual wash and all this evening when I saw some strange solids in my shampoo. (Jamaican Black Castor Oil Shampoo) Anyone ever seen/ experienced this?

Length
    bald/chin/waist
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Ylva View Post
    Alright, I've been comparing the manuka honey & mafura oil and the JBCO masks for a while now (used the former three times and the latter four times now), and I think I prefer the JBCO one after all. I've only barely made a dent in the jar by this point, so I think it'll last me a good while, and I have a second jar in my stash as well. It's much more pleasant to apply to my hair as the honey one doesn't give that much slip at all, nor do I find it particularly hydrating, and the JBCO one makes my hair softer as well. Generally, my hair doesn't need quite that much protein, but for as long as I have bleached hair on my head, I wouldn't mind repurchasing it at a sale price (I'm looking at you, Superdrug).
    Interesting, I found the manuka honey & mafura oil so slippery that I was running my fingers through my hair like it was water! I think I used too much though, my hair looked greasy after drying.

Length
    Pixie/Pixie/Waist

Just got the Yucca and Plaintain antibreakage styling milk!!! Can’t wait to try.
    I slept with the Manuka Honey hair mask in last night as a pre-coloring treatment.

Length
    SL/TBL/?
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

I want to get Shea Moisture Manuka Honey & Yogurt Hydrate & Repair Protein Power Treatment... anyone here tried it yet?

Length
    bsl/CL/ftl
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Started using the deep treatment masque again since my store stopped stocking the rose one I loved. Now, I always noticed slight inconsistencies with their product, either it being a texture change or the scent is just right or extremely over the top. Since the product worked so well I let it go.

I'm on my second jar in two months and this masque does absolutely nothing for my hair anymore besides cause buildup and make my scalp burn and itch to hell and back. It really doesn't feel like the same product I used many times before.

Mediocre Clarinet Player ExpectoPatronum's Avatar
    Length
    APL/WST/CLSC
    Type
    2c/M/ii/iii

MoonRabbit, I've noticed this with Shea Moisture products too. My beloved JBCO mask is considerably thicker in consistency now than it used to be. It still works alright, but it just isn't the same anymore. I wish companies would stop changing formulas!

Starting from scratch
    7/4/2019
    Curly: SHDR.APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Stretched: APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Lady Andromeda, Keeper of Feathered Fauna, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights