Page 3 of 108 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shea Moisture Thread

Default Re: The Shea Moisture Thread

Day 2--still really like it. Today I scrunched a quarter-sized amount into my wet hair like I would gel. I have been combining gel and leave-in for years, but today I thought I'd try a leave-in alone. It's really humid today and I have soft, frizz-free, moisturized hair. The jury's still out on whether I want to continue paying 9 bucks a bottle for shea moisture or pay two dollars for gel. Either way I have no frizz, but shea moisture makes it seem nourished. Hmmmm

Length
    18?/24/27
    Type
    1a/M/ii

To me, shea moisture is worth paying basically 9 dollars for everything they have. It seems that all their products are 9 a bottle.
    On the other hand, I have had my small bottle of shampoo for 7-9 months...can't remember when I got the stuff.
    I do use other stuff though. I might use this stuff once or twice a week and I am constantly switching up my product use. I can also get salon products for even cheaper than 9 dollars because I am licensed though so I tend to want to switch it up all the time because all these great products are cheap for me.
    Taking an LHC break.

Type
    3a/3b/F/iii

I actually think $9-10 a bottle is pretty reasonable, but maybe that's because most store brands (Suave, VO5, Pantene, etc.) don't work well for me. I'm hoping the Tresseme Naturals is an exception, because I really like it so far. Most of the products I've been using (Aubrey Organics, Mastey, and others) have been $15 a bottle and up, so to find something that works this well for $10 a bottle has been pretty nice!

Length
    Pixie/BCL/?!
    Type
    3b/3c/M/C/ii

My hair ADORES the Deep Treatment Masque.

OMG. I used it as a leave instead of conditioner. My hair is very happy.
    Grew out the pixie.
    Acquired a mane.
    Cruising toward Classic.

**For my routine, please see my blog posts.**

Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

I have used the curl enhancing smoothie and it's awesome! Not a lot is needed but a bit and viola
    nice, moisturized curls and for my length this is a good size and products. Even my parents are hooked up on it!

My mom had really shiny, black 3a/3b ish med-fine hair and she uses this and a bit of oil and it's awesome! my dad has straight hair and loves it too.

The shampoo of coconut and hibicus is great [ I diluted it] and it doesn't strip my hair. But undiluted I felt it dried my curls but all good now. I'm interested in the style milk. Reviews anyone?
    Lady SpiralSong of the Everwinding Tales in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Type
    3a/3b/F/iii

I like the style milk very much. It's similar to the smoothie, but lighter. I use it as a conditioner after washing (but not rinse out), and then I use the masque mixed with gel to scrunch. I'm still working on the right amounts to use. But if you like the smoothie, I'm not sure that the milk would be of more benefit to you. Seems like people use either one or the other--the smoothie is OK for me if I use tiny amounts, but it's a little heavy.

Length
    26/27/36
    Type
    1b/M/ii

I really like the shea moisture line. I love their coconut and hibiscus body lotion mmmmm(this is one thing I know for sure I will repurchase just because the quality of ingredients and smell)

I used their deep conditioning masque and liked it well enough. I really liked their shampoo too.(reading through everyone else's posts it looks like they have other shampoos then just the one I used. I used just the regular shea moisture one I guess no special smells or anything. I can't remember the exact name cause I used it all up already) I felt like it cleaned very well and left it moisturized. I loved the ingredients though. One thing I didn't really like was the smell of it. It's an ok smell, but it really really clung to my hair after I washed with it.

I never used their conditioner, because I felt like their shampoo conditioned just fine by itself and didn't need an added conditioner really.

I also bought some of their plain shea butter and I have used it on my body mostly. Sometimes I use it on my hair when I make oil treatments.
    Last edited by Dang3rousB3auty; August 1st, 2012 at 06:03 PM.
    Beauty is how you feel inside, and it reflects in your eyes. It is not something physical.

I'm still loving the moisture milk. I have found I can live with out gel. The SM is worth the nine bucks because I only need a teaspoon for my whole head. It will last me at least a couple of months.

Length
    2"/22.5"/30+
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

I just bought the coconut/hibiscus shampoo.

Has anyone else noticed that the bottles were not quite full to the top when you bought them? I looked at walgreens to see if someone had just poached a bit off the top (?) but all the bottles were just slightly under-filled. It had a seal on top so maybe it's just the way it's bottled? I'm excited to try it regardless -- even through the seal it smelled excellent.

Length
    0.5/31/40
    Type
    3a/3b/F/M/ii

I'm in LOVE with the Yucca & Baobob Anti-Breakage Masque. Makes my hair feel so full and thick!