Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Giovanni, Do you like it?

Length
    BSL/Waist/BSL
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Default Re: Giovanni, Do you like it?

Arden:Yes. It's raining cats and dogs right now, in contrast to last summer. Now I know that humidity can only mean two things...

Length
    Chin/Shoul/Waist

I use the Tee Tree Triple Treat Shampood and conditionner and I love them. The conditionner is really light so I mostly use it after a deep oil treatment and I'm always using the shampoo; it left my scalp clean and not greasy for days !

Type
    3a/3b/F/iii

I like the SAS conditioner, although it's not what I use regularly. I use it in SMTs and such. It's pretty moisturizing. BTW, you can get the SAS conditioner and some other Giovanni shampoos/conditioners in bulk at Whole Foods. So if you just want to try it out, bring in an empty bottle and just buy a little (have a cashier tare your bottle first if it's not the kind they sell for bulk purchases).

Length
    Chin/APL/....?
    Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by jeanniet View Post
    I like the SAS conditioner, although it's not what I use regularly. I use it in SMTs and such. It's pretty moisturizing. BTW, you can get the SAS conditioner and some other Giovanni shampoos/conditioners in bulk at Whole Foods. So if you just want to try it out, bring in an empty bottle and just buy a little (have a cashier tare your bottle first if it's not the kind they sell for bulk purchases).
    Oh? How cool is that! I should definatly look into that. We only just recently got a Whole Foods here and I've yet to go but plan on it here in the near future so I can bug them about getting me some Dr Bronners lotion...

I tried the SAS shampoo and conditioner today. I think I may like it. I went really light handed with the conditioner because I was worried it might weigh my hair down but I'm thinking next go I could probably use more. It seems to be pretty light considering how creamy it felt in my hands...

I got decent body from it either way. About as much definition too as I could exspect without any kind of extra product.. which is nice...

I also plunked / plopped for 20 mins after.... I may acctually try plopping overnight... I heard that doing that can increase your wave pattern alot.. I'll have to do it some night I'm not "in the mood" though cause I can imagine it's not a very sexy bed look.. lol

I think it's wonderful though that you can get such good results from a "cheaper" brand...
    "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure..."

The Pusuit Of Hippieness Natalia's Avatar
    Length
    L-BSL/CLSC/Mid-T
    Type
    1b/F/ii

i like the old formula diect leave in but they are admidst re-doing the line... im not happy about it

Type
    1a/1b/M/i/ii

I like giovanni but like others have said, some of their products have cones. I've used the 50/50 balancing line and my hair really liked it. I used the protein infusion conditioner as well, which worked nicely and was in a squeeze bottle rather than the square ones.

Length
    jaw/SL/waist
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii/iii

I have tried many many different sulfate free shampoos over the years, only a few truly standout and Giovanni is definately one of them. I really like their 50:50 shampoo and conditioner
    Long hair/ natural hair care friendly hair stylist

Type
    3a/3b/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Arden View Post
    Oh? How cool is that! I should definatly look into that. We only just recently got a Whole Foods here and I've yet to go but plan on it here in the near future so I can bug them about getting me some Dr Bronners lotion...

I tried the SAS shampoo and conditioner today. I think I may like it. I went really light handed with the conditioner because I was worried it might weigh my hair down but I'm thinking next go I could probably use more. It seems to be pretty light considering how creamy it felt in my hands...

I got decent body from it either way. About as much definition too as I could exspect without any kind of extra product.. which is nice...

I also plunked / plopped for 20 mins after.... I may acctually try plopping overnight... I heard that doing that can increase your wave pattern alot.. I'll have to do it some night I'm not "in the mood" though cause I can imagine it's not a very sexy bed look.. lol

I think it's wonderful though that you can get such good results from a "cheaper" brand...
    I plop, but only for about 10-15 minutes while I get the excess water out, so I don't know how much difference longer would make. My hair is always pretty curly after a wash.

You can also dilute the conditioner with a little water to get better distribution. I do that with shampoo, and with some conditioners. Otherwise I have to use a ton to get it all through my hair.

Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

I love Giovanni smooth as silk. It's my HG product I also like the new 2chic line by Giovanni. Especially the conditioner, it's very moisturizing and smells amazing!

Length
    <apl/hip/BCL
    Type
    1a/F/iii

I find the SAS conditioner not moisturizing enough (bleached hair here). A friend of mine loves it though. I was considering the SAS shampoo, it just has been reformulated though. I'm looking for a shampoo that's soft for my dry length and gives some shine.
    DUTCH or FLEMISH speaking?
    www.hairfairforum.be