Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many times a week should I use olive oil for hair treatment

Length
    24/23/32
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Default How many times a week should I use olive oil for hair treatment

Hi everyone I am just wondering if I can use olive oil daily overnight or every other night
    I need to dye my hair one last time to my natural color due to my roots,
    My hair been long for a while and now is the start of bsl, and just wondering how will olive oil treatment help my hair. I do have some split ends I always did and I think I always will. Just some advice for those who use olive oil
    Thanks in advance

Length
    pixie/SL/Waist
    Type
    1b/1c/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: How many times a week should I use olive oil for hair treatment

Personally, I think it's a question of balancing out how many oil treatments you do vs. how often you'll have to wash. Most people agree that the less you wash your hair the better, but it's difficult to go about with a head full of oil for days on end. So I usually do one or two deep oil treatments a week and CO wash them out the next day. This, combined with very sparse oilings right after I wash my hair, works for me.
    When Summer lies upon the world, and in a noon of gold
    Beneath the roof of sleeping leaves the dreams of trees unfold...

Length
    24/23/32
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

My hair doesn't really get oily if I go 3 days without washing it won't get oily much, I don't like waiting to wash my hair I wash everyother day, my hair isn't straight it's wavy and if I don't use heat my hair just is a mess and I actually cut out using heat last week I got addicted to it for couple months and I am depressed lately about my hair and really wanna get it back in shape. Just not sure how many times to do olive oil Maybe 3 times a week is good

I was every 5 days

On the hunt for terminal. SerinaDaith's Avatar
    Colorado is my physical home but I spend a lot of time in my mind. It's safer that way.
    Length
    .5 in/.5 in/term
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

I do a WO wash six days a week and follow this with a very very light oil. I do a full oil followed with a shampoo and condition and that same very very light oil. My hair is only mid neck length and I use just a dab of my oil mix (on my page under hair care section). . Just because it works for me does not mean it would work for anyone else. I also do WO on my 1 year old DD her hair is light so her oil does not have coco in it.
    Lady Seredhiel in the Order of the Longhaired Knights. Current body mark: BSL+, Goal length, terminal.No trims in 2013. Henna head. Crazy craft guru.Crunchy Mommy.

Length
    24/23/32
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

So every night wouldn't be good I'm guessing

On the hunt for terminal. SerinaDaith's Avatar
    Colorado is my physical home but I spend a lot of time in my mind. It's safer that way.
    Length
    .5 in/.5 in/term
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Might be a bit much for a heavy oiling, S&D your splits cause they aren't going anywhere no matter how well you treat your hair, that way you don't loose much length but get the splits gone.
    Lady Seredhiel in the Order of the Longhaired Knights. Current body mark: BSL+, Goal length, terminal.No trims in 2013. Henna head. Crazy craft guru.Crunchy Mommy.

Length
    27 in/33 in/Hip
    Type
    1a/M/i/ii

I put two capfuls of olive oil in my shampoo & conditioner. And I use a spray bottle with four capfuls of olive oil & water. I spary it on, wait eight minutes then shampoo.
    It really makes your hair soft.

Length
    BSL/Calf/Term?
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

There is a possibility of over-conditioning (hair gets stretchy and needs more protein) if you do this every day or every other day. Olive oil is very heavy. I wouldn't do this more often than once or twice a week. It's just too much work and the law of diminishing returns starts kicking in.

Length
    24/23/32
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

What does s & d stand for