Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How many times a week should I use olive oil for hair treatment

On the hunt for terminal. SerinaDaith's Avatar
    Colorado is my physical home but I spend a lot of time in my mind. It's safer that way.
    Length
    .5 in/.5 in/term
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Default Re: How many times a week should I use olive oil for hair treatment

S&D = search and destroy, go through your hair with really sharp hair only scissors, and any hair with a split on it get's trimmed just above the split to stop the split from traveling further. Rather than doing a full trim and loosing inches however it can make your hemline less even so you kind of have to keep track of it.
    Lady Seredhiel in the Order of the Longhaired Knights. Current body mark: BSL+, Goal length, terminal.No trims in 2013. Henna head. Crazy craft guru.Crunchy Mommy.

Type
    2b/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by momoftwo708 View Post
    What does s & d stand for
    S and D means Search and Destroy, a method of removing damage from your ends, or along the hair strand.

There are different methods:

1) take a thin section of hair and twist it gently. The damaged hair sometimes will pop out and you can snip off the split or white dot. Always be sure to use SHARP shears, or you'll just be creating more white dots.

2) take a few strands of hair and search down the length for any damage

3) some people braid their hair loosely and snip off any damage

If you have too many splits at the bottom of your hair, then a small trim might be more effective.

Type
    2a/M/ii

i do it almost two three time a week. and when it dries i put a drop on my palm and run my palm through my hair.

Most people who oil use way too much oil at first. I only oil once after a hair wash, and don't oil again til after the next hair wash. I use very little oil.

I am not super pro olive oil oiling. I prefer Coconut Oil. I use the brand made by Spectrum Natural, under their Beauty section, not the salad oil dressing. This version says specifically on the outside of the jar "for use on skin and hair."

Why am I against Olive Oil? I find it's a bit on the heavy side as an oil, and it's higher in acidity than other actual carrier oils.

Remember, a little bit of oil goes a long way. If you're curly haired, spritz on while the hair is still wet/damp; if straight haired, you can oil your hair once it's fully air dry, which is what I do. I made a youtube video showing how little I use and how I actually oil and distribute the oil. ETA: I stated a few times in this video that I used a bit more oil than I usually do because I had carried my pot of oil to my videoing location, and it melted a bit from the outdoor heat. END ETA

Here's a link in case it's of interest to you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjVwPKMQDYk

heidi w.

By Lady Godiva
    Avatar Photo: Bruce Folck, Blue Dragon Photography. Profile Photo: LJC

Hi Serina I also would like to know what S&D stands for? also is WO meaning with oil? is there a shorthand thread on here to get new members up to speed? ha I need it.

just read on about s&D all good