Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you as meticulous with your skin care as you are with your hair?

Length
    18/28.5/35
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Default Are you as meticulous with your skin care as you are with your hair?

We of the LHC go through great lengths (no pun intended!) to take good care of our hair. Some would even call us obsessed!

But what about skin, and even nails? Do you spend as much time on these areas of the body as well? Or is it just having long, healthy hair that you focus on?

For me, it's all three! Hair, skin, and nails. I find that they all go together.
    "Be like G-d and don't look for people's shortcomings and weak points. You will then be at peace with everyone." -Rebbe Nachman

Length
    Tbl/Apl/Jaw
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Default Re: Are you as meticulous with your skin care as you are with your hair?

Well I take good care of my hair, and that influences my nails a lot. When I used to shampoo and condition as normal my nails grew very slowly and were flaky and weak - since starting to CO my nails are strong and grow so so fast. CO was all that changed so im thinking maybe the SLS in my shampoos was effecting my nails. However I work with farm animals so I cut my nails all the time anyway.

With my skin I try to us as many natural products as possible to replace 'conventional' (as i also do with my hair). I use honey to wash and aloe vera gel and oils to moisturise. The only makeup I wear is a tinted moisturiser with sunscreen in it
    CO washer - Grahtoe - Dresses only - De-clutterer - LHC addict

Length
    13?/30/Long
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Default Re: Are you as meticulous with your skin care as you are with your hair?

Well, I pay more attention to the hair. Everything else is pretty much benign neglect. (I do put on lotion every once in a while.)
    Everything comes gradually and at its appointed hour.~Ovid~
    Nae

Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

I also take care of hair/skin/nails.

I oil my face/hair/body daily.

clean and moisturize my face with a blend of Almond & Jojoba oil.

oil my body with a blend of Coconut/Olive oil.

keep my finger and toe nails nicely filed and clean.

Length
    SL/SL+/TBL??
    Type
    2c/M/iii

I go through phases. First I was meticulous about nails. Now it's hair. I kind of went through the face phase a long time ago. Each phase kind of served for me to figure out what worked for me, and then I don't tweak it much.

Face: Not much cleaning, tons of moisture, light tinted moisturizer or bb cream. Benzoyl peroxide works better than salicylic acid for my acne. Most of my acne is hormonal, rare, and can't be helped much

Nails: PAMPER THE CUTICLES. Learning what worked for my nails helped me a lot when learning about what my hair wants, because the concepts are the same. You have to find a balance of moisture and protein. For me, my nails like protein, but they don't need too much or they become brittle. But my cuticles love moisture and are always cracked and sad. Additionally, massaging cuticles makes nails happy.

Hair: Still learning. A lot like nails.

Edit: Hah, I think my hair is also like my face. Not much cleaning please.
    Lady Brave, the Not So
    medium texture, normal porosity, normal elasticity

Length
    Chin/Hip/Class
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii/iii

I'm as inconsistent about caring for either, if that's what you mean

Sometimes I'm so careful with my hair, deep treatments and wearing it up all the time, other times I'll just sleep with it loose.

Sometimes I wear sunscreen religiously and use retinol at night, other times I...well... forget to go to church, let's just put it that way.

I suppose I'm still more careful with my hair though, I always wash it a particular way.

Length
    Pixie/BCL/?!
    Type
    3b/3c/M/C/ii

I care as much about my skin as my hair.

Thing is, I know much more about HOW to care for my hair than my skin. I'm still trying to find a routine for my skin and face...and I'm nearly 30. Gah.
    Grew out the pixie.
    Acquired a mane.
    Cruising toward Classic.

**For my routine, please see my blog posts.**

Easily Enabled
    Length
    24"/~40"/~40"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

Goodness no. My skin thrives on benign neglect. My facial routine is moisturiser twice a week, occasional honey washes when necessary, and even more occasional brown sugar scrubs. The rest of me gets washed in the shower, and occasionally moisturised. It seems happy that way. My nails I just keep clean, filed smooth for finger-combing, and short-ish (never more than a millimetre or two past my fingertip). I don't paint them, it looks and feels wrong on me and I've always hated the smell and hassle anyway.

Length
    16"/TBL/TBL
    Type
    1a/M/ii

I wear sunscreen and translucent mineral powder when I'm out.
    I wash my face with Kiss My Face olive oil soap and exfoliate once a week. In winter I'll add some alpha hydroxy cream.
    My nails are short and buffed.
    Lady Rose of the Angels in the Order Of The Long Haired Knights

Type
    1b/M/ii

I take extremely good care of my skin, better than my hair and nails actually (of course that doesn't mean that I don't take very good care of my hair). My nails always seem to be a bit of an afterthought though. I do weekly manicures and keep them relatively short, but I'm not that high maintenance with my nails, really.