Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Are you as meticulous with your skin care as you are with your hair?

Default Re: Are you as meticulous with your skin care as you are with your hair?

I usually take care of both from time to time because of laziness but started to be meticulous since beginning of year. I only use hyaluronic acid cream for my face and a cheap body moisturizer from a supermarket and I can see a change in my skin.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Are you as meticulous with your skin care as you are with your hair?

Quote Originally Posted by Feral_ View Post
    I think I can remember when nivea did in fact come in a little blue metal tin, maybe early 80s? Really wish they’d do that again, everything is in plastic, which saddens me. In fact haircare in general is a LOT of plastic - just look at the Use My Stash Up thread Yes, I know it can be recycled but it would be nice if companies stopped putting it in plastic to start with? The oils and butters I use for skin care are in glass bottles / jars which I transfer to a recycled deodorant tin or aluminium bottle, when I make my own.
    It is still in a metal tin. Yes, you can get it in a plastic tub as well these days, but they don't sell that as much. They still sell that blue tin, more than you realize. I guess it's where you get it, that matters.

ETA/ The "soft cream" is in a white tub, and that has always been plastic! Always. But they recently have started doing the blue "tin" in a same plastic tub (but dark blue). Still, the metal tins aren't gone.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    APL/TBL/term
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

For me I don't do anything special with my skin. I "wash" it with plain water in the morning when I shower, use cerve moisture or skin aqua sunscreen if going outside no matter if it's winter or summer.

I can't get a suntan on my face due to a health condition so I've never had a tan and always used sunscreen on my face since I was a kid.

Other than that that's it. I don't have any wrinkles or dry skin, it's balanced and clear. Less is more with my hair and skin, that's for sure.

Length
    BSL/calf/floor
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

I'm more meticulous with my skin care. I can go a few days without even touching my hair, but never my skin.

I don't do much with my nails, no polish or anything. I always let them grow out super long until one breaks and then I'll even them out.

Length
    Waist/TBL/Hmm
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

My skin care routine is basically non-existent. I did have one two or three years ago but quit due to laziness.
    I also keep picking at my skin whenever I'm stressed or frustrated, scanning for any bumps, zits or any irregularities really, and then picking at it like there's no tomorrow...
    As a result I end up with tiny scars/blemishes and ugly skin, but when I simply leave my skin alone it looks great!
    Thanksfully I don't do that to my hair. I wish I were as nice to my skin as I am to my hair!
    Midback ~ Waist ~ Hip ~ Buttcrack ~ Tailbone! ~ Classic ~ Fingertip? ~ Knee??
    Now happily maintaining tailbone length. I'm not done growing though... Just waiting for my ends to thicken

Length
    Buzz/Bob/MBL
    Type
    2b/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by BuddhaBelle View Post
    oh god this made me cringe! I am a religious user of spf and anti-aging products. any suggestions??
    Yeah it was a huge shock for me. I'm still not quite used to how thin and crepey my skin is (especially the sensation of it), but I have to admit I don't feel as bad about it as I did last year. I feel like I can still be attractive and confident despite the fact that my skin isn't as tight anymore, and at least it's a sign of maturity. I wasn't a fan of being in my 20s and dealing with creepers, so it's not an enormous loss.

As far as suggestions, the anti-aging holy trinity is Sunscreen, Tretinoin, and Vitamin C.

For sunscreen, I highly recommend at least an SPF 50, preferably a European sunscreen. There's been studies that show that many American and Asian sunscreens don't provide the level of protection that they advertise. I actually had the unfortunate experience of using a Korean sunscreen (Purito) for the first year of my tretinoin use (sadly while working an outside job in southern California) that was advertised as SPF 50+, and it was recently tested as SPF 19. HUGE letdown for me. I've recently started using Daylong Extreme SPF 50 and even in a few weeks I've noticed an improvement. I think La Roshe Posay (not purchased in the US) also makes some great sunscreens.

For vitamin C, I use C, E and FA by Timeless, and it's very affordable. I only started using it a couple months ago and I still have a lot of the bottle left and use it pretty generously. I need to incorporate a pH preparation step, since vitamin C needs juuust the right pH to make the magic happen in your skin. But just applying on clean skin, my skin tone has improved significantly over a couple months, and I've noticed a very subtle amount of thickening and tightening. As a bonus, it also helps prevent and reduce sun and environmental damage, so it's best to use it in the morning before sunscreen and moisturizer, and I let it soak in for a little while after applying.

For tretinoin, I use 0.05% with a couple drops of hyaluronic acid and niacinamide mixed in, for a couple reasons. It helps improve the consistency for spreading it all over my face, but also niacinamide helps reduce the side effects of tretinoin and helps it work better, and hyaluronic acid helps bring moisture into your skin from the environment (though I wouldn't recommend it if you live in a dry environment, I only started using it when I moved to the south in the US).
    Buzz - Pixie - Bob - SL - APL - MBL

Length
    ?/MBL/FTL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    It is still in a metal tin. Yes, you can get it in a plastic tub as well these days, but they don't sell that as much. They still sell that blue tin, more than you realize. I guess it's where you get it, that matters.

ETA/ The "soft cream" is in a white tub, and that has always been plastic! Always. But they recently have started doing the blue "tin" in a same plastic tub (but dark blue). Still, the metal tins aren't gone.
    Thanks Lapushka Iím going to look out for the tin next time Iím in town, think itíll be in a chemists, as itís just plastic pots in the supermarket. I never got on with the nivea soft, felt Ďoddí on my skin, canít describe it. Original thick cream for me
    NWSO since November 2020. Previously water only. Crossed to the dark side and now rocking sebum only. Feral hair nirvana loading...

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Feral_ View Post
    Thanks Lapushka I’m going to look out for the tin next time I’m in town, think it’ll be in a chemists, as it’s just plastic pots in the supermarket. I never got on with the nivea soft, felt ‘odd’ on my skin, can’t describe it. Original thick cream for me
    My mom has normal skin and loves the soft version. My dad also uses the dark blue tin, sometimes, when he gets a tiny bit of dry skin aka a tiny bit of razor burn from shaving, helps hugely.

And me? I've just used that blue tin since age 3; 48 now, so that's 45 years, yes: non stop even through my teens (I just was dry all the time even though there was a stint with acne products here and there). I think I could be the biggest ambassador for that tin. My cupboard is stocked up with it. I have about 10 in my stash. Doesn't go bad for years. And I go through them like crazy anyway, so they won't last. I think one (250ml) lasts me about a couple months.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    16/32.5/50
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/iii

I have rosacea so I have to take care of my skin. I have to stay cool, but not cold, and no direct sunlight. I feel like a vampire! My nails were good until 2020 then I cut them off as there was no use having lovely nails if I wasn't going out.