Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Are you as meticulous with your skin care as you are with your hair?

Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Default Re: Are you as meticulous with your skin care as you are with your hair?

I have a pretty good skin care routine. I double cleanse, use an aha serum or a Retinol and vitamin c serum, and I top that off with a thick layer of CeraVe moisturizer every night. I use CeraVe with SPF 25 every day.

Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Default Re: Are you as meticulous with your skin care as you are with your hair?

If you have sensitive skin, be sure to rinse after using micellar water. It can leave an irritating residue. I just recently learned about this.

Length
    22/25/45
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Wanted to start this thread back up as I really enjoy taking care of my skin as much as I take care of my hair.

I go through phases of which I'm obsessed with more, currently, it is my hair but I'm on a quest to find the perfect products for my whole body.

I am also a fan of nail care and usually have loooooong nails but unfortunately, they have been more prone to breakage at the moment.
    CL ~ SL ~ APL ~ BSL ~ MBL ~ WL ~ HL ~ TBL ~ Classic
    No trim & no bleach from 11/10/2020

Length
    ?/MBL/FTL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Hmm well I probably do more for my skin than I do my hair because I’m not using hair products lol. But even with skin I don’t buy brands (except sunscreen and a natural deodorant), and I don’t wear make up. I use natural oils and butters for cleansing (OCM) and moisturising, also use a body brush to exfoliate before bathing. Nails are short and polish-free for work (physio).
    NWSO since November 2020. Previously water only. Crossed to the dark side and now rocking sebum only. Feral hair nirvana loading...

Length
    NL/APL/HL
    Type
    4a/C/ii/iii

I have very easy going face skin. Drug store face wash works great, and then pretty much any standard cocoa butter lotion. Occasionally deep clean with astringent. That's basically it. If I had a more difficult facial routine I would likely pay less attention to my hair, as my face skin is more important to me.

The rest of my skin likes a salex cloth for washing followed by lotions with mineral oil and or shea butter. I'm actually allergic to fancy things with perfumes, so I can't use scented lotions.

Yes, I wish my hair were this simple. The worst thing that has ever happened to my skin is me being at a hotel and not having any Dove soap or cocoa butter lotion.

Length
    SL/MBL/WL
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Pretty much, yeah. Sometimes I focus (obsess, potato-potato) a bit more in skin or hair but still keep a steady routine for both. I'm not very interested in nails though, probably because my nails are not pretty lol. They are pretty strong and can grow long but they have ugly shapes and long nails feel a little impractical to me. I prefer to keep them short and wear no polish or just clear base and/or natural polish. I mostly care about tidying my cuticles.

Length
    21/48/knee?
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

As someone who is very prone to acne, I definitely work harder at my skincare. For me skincare is something I have to do, but haircare is something I do for fun. No one will notice if I didn't oil my hair before putting it up in a bun, but they will notice a big collection of pimples of my face.

Length
    APL/MBL/TBL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

I pay more attention to my hair than skin. I don't have any special routine for my face and couldn't care less about my nails. But I do take care of my extra dry, sensitive skin on the rest of my body so I soak up in body lotions, oils & special creams everyday. Not that I like to do it, but have to for the sake of my eczema

Length
    0.5"/25"/HL
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by illicitlizard View Post
    I'm obsessive and inconsistent with both hair and skincare :P

My skin probably gets more love though, hair I kinda ignore mostly. Skin is so PICKY I have to be conscious of what I put on it or I'll break out. I only just found a body wash/soap alternative that doesn't make my skin itch and I'm 22 lol. I do try and keep skincare simple though, right now I 'only' cleanse, tone, moisturise and occasionally chemically exfoliate. I should wear sunscreen more often too tbh, I'm gonna age so quickly haha.
    Well, past me just needed to chill.
    Now I cleanse with the same ultra gentle drugstore cleanser, exfoliate with a face washer, moisturise daily with cheap moisturizer and wear sunscreen. I'm not super fussy about skincare now I've found something simple that works.

I'm also way more patient and chill about my hair (and nails) now
    No trim challenge second half of 2020. Goal is growing 'long', healthy, undyed hair after a buzz in Jan '18.
    Buzz-SL[18"]-APL[21"]-BSL[25"]-WL[28"]-HL[32"]

Yes. I use prescription stuff because of my eczema.